8 replies to this topic

#1 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Was just having an idea, and I don't know if anyone else has proposed it (probably has). But I was thinking... wouldn't it be nice to gift friends or lancemates with C-bills or even parts you might have laying around?

My concept is like this:
I have a friend. He needs a larger engine to do what he wants. Either I already have one just sitting around, or enough c-bills for one. I'd like to give him his engine as it would boost our overall preformance on the field.

My friend is a little short on getting a new mech he has been wanting/needing. I have the extra C-bills sitting around and would like to help...

In a match, my team wins or losses, but my wingman got blown up. I end up getting a profit from the match, but my friend ends up making little to nothing as he has to repair his damage. I wish to compensate him by giving him some C-bills. He is after all my wing man, and we want to look out for each other....

Just an idea I thought would be cool. Even a "Repair first, Distrubute extra evenly" option (for premade groups) might not be bad either... that way, you share repair bills, but also rewards...

#2 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

If you have an idea on how to implement this without opening RMT floodgates, please share it with the rest of us. ;)

#3 Atayu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 815 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

If this went through there would be worthless farming account all over. This Idea is bad for the game in many ways.

#4 cmdr_scotty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationOutreach Mech hanger B-201, Bay 15A

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

I very much endorse this idea.

Finally got my bro to start playing, and have so many spare parts laying about that i could give to him to help get him started.

true, i do see the suddenly explosion of farming. personally i feel that could be reduced by having it be a c-bill fee to transfer funds/components/mechs to another player.

Or

simply have your winings be a percentage you did, modified by win/lose. so if you just sit there and farm (no fighting at all) then even if you win, you only really get barely enough to cover a repair bill (40k ish) but if you win and put up a good fight, then you'd walk away with 200k

#5 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

RMT? I'm gonna guess you mean hackers and account theift for items?

Maybe having a double check system? Either have a regestered IP address for the account, or have it, after you start the trade and have it accepted in game, need to be cleared via E-mail as well before it will transfer over the amount/item to the recipiant. If you are smart, your E-mail regestered account should have a different log-in/password from the game. This way, even if someone steals your account and tries to give everything away to another account, it can't unless they also have your e-mail account access as well.

It could also be a certain cap. Like, say, you can only trade up to 50% C-bill (value of item) total in a single go/week/time frame.

It could also have a more run around aspect. I could team up with someone (as I stated, more so for friends/lancemates), and click a button to have all C-bills go to this person (my C-bills personally that I earn). Could even go so far as to have it all extra C-bills after repairs goes to...

Just some ideas, if the way I am wording it is making sense...

#6 Mr Steik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUk

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

As much as it would be nice to deck out a new friend to the game with shiny toys....

This is a really bad idea. It would start a real money market and then accounts would become high targets for hackers etc etc

#7 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostMr Steik, on 14 December 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

As much as it would be nice to deck out a new friend to the game with shiny toys....

This is a really bad idea. It would start a real money market and then accounts would become high targets for hackers etc etc

Good point... it'd be a question of how to get around that before any such system was put into place. Or, we could just not tell the gold farm companies that we can trade stuff... ;)

#8 Atayu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 815 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

View Postskarrd, on 14 December 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

1.true, i do see the suddenly explosion of farming. personally i feel that could be reduced by having it be a c-bill fee to transfer funds/components/mechs to another player.

2.simply have your winings be a percentage you did, modified by win/lose. so if you just sit there and farm (no fighting at all) then even if you win, you only really get barely enough to cover a repair bill (40k ish) but if you win and put up a good fight, then you'd walk away with 200k

1.Farmers are not worried about the transfer free not a big deal when you got it with a bot anyways.

2.If funds become transferable better bots will be wrote by companys that farm games. Then they will have 1 pesron farming with like 20 accounts at a time running bots. Just running back and forth making sure they are constantly running.

Not saying a system like that would not be nice it would be. but it is to easy to abuse so i am against it.

#9 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

+1

All of you who fear "RTM and hackers" are basically giving up without even trying.

You want to keep RTM out? Make it so that there's no reason for the market to exist. Let people purchase with real money stuff without needing third party to do so.

You wanna keep hackers out? Good luck - won't happen, not even with the way the game is now. Too many people use crap password, post dumb things like "just disable UAC", and generally have a devil may care attitude towards security.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users