Jenner Pilot Looking To Get Into A Heavier Mech. Suggestions?

27 replies to this topic

#21 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostJason Parker, on 16 December 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

Whatever weightclass you choose: If your main goal is to be able to try a lot of different loadouts go for the most versatile chassis variant. In my view those are the CTF-2X for heavy and the AWS-9M for Assault.

In what sense do you mean versatile? The 9M has only 2 weapon types that it can install, it cannot use Ballistics. Or do you mean because it has the largest possible engine and can be faster than the Atlas?

#22 Tex Arcana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStark Industries: Sector 16.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

Hunchback 4SP is great.
It can be quick, pack a good punch, has a good field of fire, and once mastered it's just damned fun.
I love sticking with a heavier Mech and providing backup.
I'm really glad I chose Hunchies as my first line to grind.
'Nuff said.

#23 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

Been experimenting with a DRG-1C. As far as dragons are concerned, I think it has a nice weapon spread and slot allocation. One ballistic in the right arm, one missile in the CT, two energy in both the left torso and left arm.

http://mwowiki.org/w...e=Dragon_DRG-1C

You need to go with an XL engine to really get some power out of it, but it has such a large CT anyways (and moves fast enough) that the XL issues are minimized. It makes for a good all energy weapon platform, mixed energy and ballistic, long ranged poke or close ranged harass, all based on your weapon configs. It also maneuvers pretty tightly, which is nice.

I am currently running it for mid ranged engagements with an ERPPC, Gauss Rifle, and three Medium Lasers, which is respectable no matter what mech it is, though it tends to get a mite hot. All that, and it still has almost maxed out armor and moves at 81 KPH, though the setup is still in a state of flux for me. Even had a lot of success with two PPC and two MedLas with an SRM6 at one point.

Up until running mine, I always put Dragons low on my target priority list, but they really can pack a whallup! Thankfully, I do not believe most people realize this, as I see them prioritizing CTFs, Hunchbacks, or Centurions over me.

#24 Loqgar

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Dragon-any, large lasers, xl 300 form your jenner.

#25 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Another vote for the -4SP. I like to call the build "28 Days Later" because its a 90kph zombie. If you are looking for more of a departure from the Jenner, the CTF is definitely fun. Lots of great ways to build the 1X, and the 4X would be about as far removed from a Jenner as you could drive.

#26 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Forgive the off topic JohnnyC, buts thats a nice sig

#27 Ryft

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

You're a Jenner pilot? My suggestion would be something fast enough to not feel horribly slow to you. The difference is quite harsh at first, before you really get accustomed to it.

AWS-9M or a Dragon come to mind as the obvious choices, but a reasonably fast Catapult would probably be pretty fun for you, too.

#28 Mithos

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Most of phracts can go faster than cats.
Tiny-tiny difference, though.

Edited by Mithos, 17 December 2012 - 03:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users