I Will Not Spend A Dollar On Mwo Untill Ecm Is Gone...

142 replies to this topic

#41 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

Then i stand corrected, Asakara ;)

#42 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 15 December 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Then i stand corrected, Asakara :(

;)

#43 byteu2

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 15 December 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

Oh look - more people saying they will leave.

I don't think this matters honestly, PGI is rolling in money and support and I think they are dead on with the ECM & their whole system, because even though I see these threads all the time, I'm quite sure that infact MWO is racking in swaths of cash and new players daily because everything is awesome sauce and the whiners need to just leave and not come back.

So PGI must know what they are doing...right?

Are they racking up the money? I'm sure they'll never give us access to the financial numbers. Hell, they won't even give us the current player count, like they used to.

#44 Asapiophobe Vortex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

TBH the game is much more enjoyable now that ECM is here. Before ECM was introduced there was just waaay to much LRM spam at the beginning of each round that was plain ******* annoying, add steakcats to that equation and you will know why I like ECM just the way it is.

And no, I do not play a mech that has ECM, and neither have I used LRM before, because I just found it to be a boring weapon.

I vote for ECM to stay as it is. Deal with it.

#45 ZI0N

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 51 posts

Still don't see a problem with ECM and I do not even use it. Change your tactics and work as a team and use voice chat and direct fire weapons. the only thing ECM changed for me is that I cant see the damage I'm inflicting

Edited by ZI0N, 15 December 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#46 Banshee Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 431 posts
  • LocationUncomfortably Close

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Two things:

1st- Missiles don't just use heat. some do but many modern missiles are laser or radar guided. Why do you think chaff is for? radar guided missiles.

2nd-

View PostMasterGoa, on 15 December 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Now, I have two mechs, two MadCats

Where the hell did you get a Madcat? I want one.

#47 byteu2

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

ECM hasn't changed my tactics. It's stayed the same. I'm primarily a Hunchback user with Medium Lasers and SRMs. But I don't like ECM and will not be using any voice chat until it is officially part of the game and not some 3rd party tack on. I found it more strategic, when I worried about LRMs. Heck, last I played, I dropped AMS in favor of another heatsink and laser. Hasn't promoted strategy or tactics one bit for me. Just lowered them.

#48 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

ECM should be in the game, but it should not be as powerful as it currently is.

ECM is meant to counter Artemis, Beagle, C3, and Narc. That's it. It is not meant to cloak Mechs so that they can't be seen on the mini map. It is not meant to prevent (or even slow down) missile lock-on. It is not meant to hinder TAG in any way. Note that it is meant to prevent Mechs on the same team from sharing targeting data - that's what C3 is. But it should not remove Mechs from the mini map that are within LOS.

Fix ECM so that it works correctly and it will be fine. But it is currently OP and dramatically altering the game in bad ways.

#49 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

View PostAsapiophobe Vortex, on 15 December 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

TBH the game is much more enjoyable now that ECM is here. Before ECM was introduced there was just waaay to much LRM spam at the beginning of each round that was plain ******* annoying, add steakcats to that equation and you will know why I like ECM just the way it is.

Here's the problem with that thought - just because the game is more fun now does not mean that ECM is balanced the way it is. PGI has simply created a second problem that appears to make the first problem go away.

The reality is that LRMs and SSRMs are still too powerful, but ECM is even more powerful so it's no longer obvious. Two wrongs don't make a right.

ECM needs to be reduced to it's proper role, and LRMs/SSRMs need to be adjusted so that they stand on their own but don't own the game.

#50 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

No leave the ECM as it is.

I want to play MWO for free with big Mechs.
I can Moneymilk the C-Bill with my Com-2D because ECM is so strong.
I dont need Premium thanks to ECM, so please leave it alone. And all should follow the Com-2D Money train.

#51 Kaziganthi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, Australia

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Don't know what your all laughing at the poster for. Word of mouth and social media networks make bad publicity travel a lot faster now.

People used to complain about MWO becoming LRMOnline when the 2 day bug for Artemis. Then that system was nerfed into the ground (damage was and counter measure wise).

Now the game is becoming ECMOnline or RAVENOline, depending on your stance. In just about everymatch nowaday either half the team is ECM capabale or consists of 4 Ravens which are also ECM equipped.

So go ahead, tell posters

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out"
"It's only Beta"
"Can I have your stuff"

You won't be laughing when all the new players start to dry up because they want to play Mechwarrior/Battletech, but when they try it out, find it is nothing like the what they expected as your relagated to using a specific assortment of mechs with a specific loadout and the game is just one big brawlfest. The only money that PGI will be having come in are from existing players, which will mean at a point in time, you won't be buying new mechs & tech with C-Bills, you will be buying with MC(real cash), as they need to keep the "Beta" money coming in.

Edited by Kaziganthi, 15 December 2012 - 10:51 AM.

#52 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,595 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

better play barbie. And i am not founder or something else,nothing more to say,really.

Edited by Mighty Spike, 15 December 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#53 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostReD3y3, on 15 December 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Because we have to think about what we bring into the game. Not just the biggest guns or fastest mechs.

Strategy is a part of our drops now.

Whod of thunk it ?

You're describing what we had before, not what we have now, lol. Why do people got this backwards?

#54 Helbourne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

People keep talking about playing better as a team. Well how exactly does this work with pugs? Its not like you get the same people often in pugs if at all. Its not like you can get together with people before a battle (talking standard pugs clicking the launch button) and say what mech you are taking. Perhaps people need to be putting TAG in all their mechs or something. This whole argument on the forums about ECM and LRMs is really starting to irritate me.

As soon as ECM came out I redisigned my Founders Cat because more often than not I was not able to effectively use my LRMs which left me using only its 2 MLs. Not like people run TAG a lot in pugs. Not like we can hit a pause button during the count down to switch to a mech with TAG.

Question, what is the current distance that TAG works? I suppose you could carry your own TAG and LRMs but that just seems to be a real pain. Then there is the crowd that thinks LRMs do too much damage now anyways.

#55 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

I have been a fan of Mech Warriro games since virtual world in Montreal
back in 1996. We played MWO in life size pods and it was awesome.

Now, I have two mechs, two MadCats, one
long range and one short range.

Good luck and godspeed, as i have been enjoying this game
for over 15 years...

It doesn't look like you know what you are talking about.

#56 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 15 December 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Enjoying this game for more than a decade

Doesn't know how missiles work in BT.

+
THo , i get it with the lag+ everything else, specially if ur not NA>
Can still use tag etc, and I suspect OP wasnt too concerned b4 as he spammed missille after missile
If there was only a way to ID forum members on the battlefield. WHat I wouldnt give to give a positive ID to those few I agree with and a negative one to those who well, deserve to be hunted.

#57 Justin Xang Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

I have been a fan of Mech Warriro games since virtual world in Montreal
back in 1996. We played MWO in life size pods and it was awesome.

The people there LISTENED to what the players were saying and we
could hone our skill sets. The game was well balanced and fun for all.

Now, I have two mechs, two MadCats, one
long range and one short range.

Before we go into locking missiles, think of lag.
There is a lot of lag everywhere, and there is a KNOWN lag
bug when you turn. The only way to counter this is locking missiles.
At least, with a 140KPH mech.

However, locking does NOT work unless you or your teammates
use RADAR. So, if ECM wants to prevent radar to work, I am totally fine with this.

However, missiles lock using heat. This is true in todays military
and has been true since 1952. Why would a future technology be totally castrated
and rendered useless by a radar jammer?

It makes no sense at all that LOS locks are impossible because of a radar
jammer AND identifying your team mates...

Here is one of many results from an opposing team with two ECM:
Posted Image

Note damage inflicted...

So I will vote with my wallet. I will stop playing MWO because I should not be forced to bring a knife to a gun fight...

Also, the dev number ONE PRIORITY is to correct leg turning lag.
Going from 55FPS to 6 because I turn is not acceptable, and everyone
I know has the same issue with your game.

Good luck and godspeed, as i have been enjoying this game
for over 15 years...

you do know that you can still see the enemy and can still shoot them even if there is no red box.........................

#58 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostCorbon Zackery, on 15 December 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

Like I said the thing is everything I fought today has had some sort of ECM on it yet when I check the loadout of any of the mechs I own I cant equip it on any of my mechs the range and bubble might need to be tighter but right now its key item on the field.

The fact that the beagle prob seems to be a dummie item right now really makes ECM dominate on the battle field.

The Beagle increases sensor range and it allows you to fire on mechs at close range that have shut down, that is what the Beagle does in TT and in the game.

#59 Justin Xang Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

View PostRoadkill, on 15 December 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Here's the problem with that thought - just because the game is more fun now does not mean that ECM is balanced the way it is. PGI has simply created a second problem that appears to make the first problem go away.

The reality is that LRMs and SSRMs are still too powerful, but ECM is even more powerful so it's no longer obvious. Two wrongs don't make a right.

ECM needs to be reduced to it's proper role, and LRMs/SSRMs need to be adjusted so that they stand on their own but don't own the game.

lrms are not powerfull unless you have two lrm mechs raining on the same person, just like if you have 2 non lrm mechs targeting the same person....... ecm only takes the red box away, if your not using missiles then it makes little difference........

#60 8RoundsRapid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 301 posts
  • Locationupriver

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostRoadkill, on 15 December 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

ECM should be in the game, but it should not be as powerful as it currently is.

ECM is meant to counter Artemis, Beagle, C3, and Narc. That's it. It is not meant to cloak Mechs so that they can't be seen on the mini map. It is not meant to prevent (or even slow down) missile lock-on. It is not meant to hinder TAG in any way. Note that it is meant to prevent Mechs on the same team from sharing targeting data - that's what C3 is. But it should not remove Mechs from the mini map that are within LOS.

I've stated this many times in several different threads on this topic. No one seems to notice or care. They just want to argue, point fingers, and tell each other how stupid and bad at MWO they are.

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users