When the world throws you lemons...

18 replies to this topic

#1 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

So im heading back to the states because my contract out here was out bid by another company :P but I see that by the time i get back Beta for MWO should be coming available. At lest i have that to look forward to. Ad since the internet we have at this FOB sucks on load times its a bit nasty to try to catch myself up on all the tidbits that have came out lately. Could someone give me the high lights please?

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun then you can with just a kind word"."

#2 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

When life gives you lemons, develop and incendiary lemon conversion method and go BURN LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!

Or daisy chain them to your CERPPC and pop him a good one in the cockpit. That's more in keeping with the board material.

#3 A6PackofToucans

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

Hey Grus, I take it your a defense contractor too? I know how it can be, and things are really competitive right now.

Anyways, It seems there's no damage transfer on the mechs right now, so destroying a Left Torso and hitting it again after it's destroyed results in no more damage transferred to other parts of the mech.

Ranges appear to be close if not identical to the Table Top Game, so LRM's go about 640m, Terrain in the game is absolutely stunning, and there's lots of cover apparently so expect close in fights more frequently.

We'll all just have to play this incarnation of Mechwarrior to see if we enjoy it or not, there's a lot of things in it that make it different from anything we've played before regarding the Mech games. But I recommend you take the time and just browse through the General Discussion Forums and Suggestions forums to help get an idea of how the sim is currently playing out.

All The Best!

#4 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

You make lemonade :P there i finished your sentence :P

OT : The Cicada was released ;)

Edited by Mason West, 19 May 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#5 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

...you make the world take the lemons back! Lemons, why did you give me lemons, what the HELL am I supposed to do with these?! Why I don't I make a combustible lemon and burn your house down?!

#6 Tezz LaCoil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 144 posts
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

When life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon, and fire them at children passing by, yelling at the top of your lungs: "How's it feel you, ya little monsters!?"

#7 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

no when the world gives you lemons, you put them in vodka and have happy hour

Edited by Hawkeye 72, 19 May 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#8 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

...make lemonade! You can see it from the positive side: Instead of maybe getting killed in a war, you can safely play a wargame from home. And enjoy our humble society. :)

#9 Ranger207

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationI iz in ur matchez, killing ur battlemechz

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

When life gives you lemons, you go squeze lemon juice into life's eye.
Unless, of course, you're allergic, in which case you swell up and die.

#10 Stormeris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

#11 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostGrus, on 19 May 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

So im heading back to the states because my contract out here was out bid by another company :) but I see that by the time i get back Beta for MWO should be coming available. At lest i have that to look forward to. Ad since the internet we have at this FOB sucks on load times its a bit nasty to try to catch myself up on all the tidbits that have came out lately. Could someone give me the high lights please?

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun then you can with just a kind word"."

you might want to hop in the irc chat room if your 'net speeds is junk, it's low bandwidth and peeps can get you caught up in a hurry. Also the 'New Player Start Here' there in General has updated links on all the info, plus some condensed topic info after the link (trying to make it useful to more than just new peeps).

Just a few thoughts.

***edits***
and I'm not going to hotlink my own thread ;p

Edited by Kaemon, 20 May 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#12 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

You make Combustible Lemon cluster munitions for your LBX AC10 and BURN LIFE'S COMMAND LANCE DOWN!

Edited by Charles Martel, 21 May 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#13 Mild Monkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWhy, East of Eden

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

View PostCharles Martel, on 21 May 2012 - 12:03 AM, said:

You make Combustible Lemon cluster munitions for your LBX AC10 and BURN LIFE'S COMMAND LANCE DOWN!

LBX AC 10 as in Lemon Bad**ss Xtraordinaire Automated Cannon 10? seems legit, dat!

Edited by Mild Monkey, 21 May 2012 - 12:14 AM.

#14 EmyLightsaber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationValhalla, Outworlds Alliance

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

if life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic...

if life gives you lemons, then hey, free lemons...

#15 Heron

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI USA

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

Sit back with some iced lemon water, relax, and wait for the MW:O open beta.

View PostA6PackofToucans, on 19 May 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

I recommend you take the time and just browse through the General Discussion Forums and Suggestions forums to help get an idea of how the sim is currently playing out.

Don't read the forums, they are not helpful. :)

#16 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

Make a useless battery..http://www.energyque...ects/lemon.html

#17 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

I'm helpful :)

Need to move something heavy? Rejuvenate your moss-filled lawn? Hunting tips? References to back the claims you made in a Grant Request? Need high-purity RNA extracted from whole tissue?

I'm your man.

#18 Heron

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI USA

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 21 May 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

I'm helpful :)

Yes, you and many others are quite nice to have around.

I worry about the vague information we are given and the community speculation over it causing potential players to develop negative opinions about a game that isn't finished and near no one has yet played. It is sometimes said that design by committee is a bad way to make a game; if that is so then I would hate to see a game designed by internet forum.

Well we sometimes have to take what we can get and if what we get happens to be lemons then we can squirt citrus vengeance into the eyes of people we don't like.

#19 Sigmund Sandoval

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationPlanet Robinson, Draconis March

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

If life gives you lemons

Marik - Start a lemon appropriation committee to evaluate the military, social and economical ramifications of absorbing these lemons into the FWL . It will then determine that these lemons will add yet another faction to the already overburdened body politic and will therefore be spaced.

Liao - Hide an incendiary device in a basket filled with these new “people’s liberation citrus fruit” or PLCF. Hand the basket to a child and have him/her walk it over to the enemy's encampment and detonate.

Kurita - Refuse the gift of the lemons at three times and then accept. Bring the lemons to your lord only to have to commit seppuku for the dishonor of accepting aid during a time of war.

Steiner - See the obvious value of the lemons and set out to purchase all lemons currently on the market, create a scarcity and offer to sell the lemons back for an insane profit.

Davion - These lemons are great in my gin. Where did they come from? Get together the first and second regiments. We are taking that lemon planet for the glory of the Federated Suns!

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users