Preston's Lancers Recruiting

170 replies to this topic

#61 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationPlanet Sian....but sometimes Essex, UK

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:50 PM

Welcome to Preston's Lancers. I am you Commanding Officer "Howling Mad" Murdock. I see Hydrix has given you a warm reception already, collect your gear from supplies and pick a bunk...I think we are in for a long, hard campaign... and not just against the Davions, it would seem with have an enemy closer to home....Keep your friends close.... but your enemies closer.

#62 Aeolian Advocate

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNingxia

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

Great setup on a House Liao-loyal unit. The decals, the pilot suit, and rank ribbons are awesome.
I'm signing up! :D Btw, I'm on GMT+8.

#63 Ettibber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:08 AM

Welcome then, glad to have you.

#64 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

View PostAeolian Advocate, on 21 June 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

Great setup on a House Liao-loyal unit. The decals, the pilot suit, and rank ribbons are awesome.
I'm signing up! ;) Btw, I'm on GMT+8.

There is at least one other guy on GMT+8 so you're not alone. Not enough for a Lance, enough for a Brick though. :D

#65 papaghost

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

yah, i am GMT + 8, 2 more for a lance!

#66 Mixaren

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Just remember to sign up on the forums so we can start preparations right away!

#67 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

View Post******* Ken, on 21 June 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

Removed.

It has nothing to do with being stubborn, we don't recognise your so called House as it spits in the face of the true Capellan rulers... Liao!

*Unless you wish to apply for selection within Preston's Lancers or would like to ask questions regarding us please refrain from commenting in this post.*

Edited by Ghost, 22 June 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#68 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

View Post******* Ken, on 21 June 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Removed.

Once again please can you refrain from posting in here unless you wish to apply to join Preston's Lancers, that is what this post is for.

Edited by Ghost, 22 June 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#69 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

View Post******* Ken, on 22 June 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

Removed.

View PostAmberlance, on 22 June 2012 - 03:11 AM, said:

Removed.

Please can you STOP posting in here unless you are interested in applying for Preston's Lancers.
You clearly have no intention of joining as you are part of the unrecognised House of Lowtax and follow The Mittani. I do not comment in your forum posts and I would like you to respect ours and do the same.

Edited by Ghost, 22 June 2012 - 08:58 AM.

#70 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:13 AM

View Post******* Ken, on 22 June 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

Removed.

I can see that you are ignoring my requests to stop posting here unless it is related to our recruitment so I have reported you.

Edited by Ghost, 22 June 2012 - 08:58 AM.

#71 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

View PostThird Flower, on 22 June 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

Removed.

You might want to try 3049 as that it when this game is set to start :) But nice try.... :)

Edited by Ghost, 22 June 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#72 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

View PostThird Flower, on 22 June 2012 - 05:34 AM, said:

Removed.

I hear noises.... but none of it is coherent or makes sense.... also again is seems to be off topic so once again. Please stop posting in this thread unless you are going to apply to join Preston's Lancers...

Report.

Edited by Ghost, 22 June 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#73 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:50 AM

View PostThird Flower, on 22 June 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

Removed.

Unfortunately until you fill in the recruitment form no decision will be made to your application. If you are affiliated with House of Lomax or The Mittani that will also prevent you from joining as your loyalties will not be with Preston's Lancers and House Liao but to The Mittani which is unacceptable.

If you wish to use medieval weapons I suggest you go and play World of Warcraft or similar MMO.

Edited by Ghost, 22 June 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#74 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:03 AM

View PostThird Flower, on 22 June 2012 - 05:55 AM, said:

Removed.

I have made it quite clear on numerous occasions that Preston's Lancers serve House Liao only. No affiliation with either The Mittani or House of Lomax is recognised as they do not exist within the Mechwarrior Universe. They do not represent The Capellan Federation in any way as far as I am concerned. If people wish to follow those (Mittani and Lomax) then I have no problem with that but please can you stop trying to oppress and bully players who have no interest in what you are trying to do on these forums.

Edited by Ghost, 22 June 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#75 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:18 AM

View PostThird Flower, on 22 June 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

Removed.

The lance is the smallest organizational unit, equivalent to an infantry platoon. A 'Mech lance consists of four separate BattleMechs (although occasionally a "light lance" consists of only three 'Mechs) and are categorized based upon the average weight of the 'Mechs that comprise it (Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault). A lance commander is usually either a non-commissioned officer (NCO) or a low grade officer (lieutenant or equivalent). LancThe lance is the smallest organizational unit, equivalent to an infantry platoon. A 'Mech lance consists of four separate BattleMechs (although occasionally a "light lance" consists of only three 'Mechs) and are categorized based upon the average weight of the 'Mechs that comprise it (Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault). A lance commander is usually either a non-commissioned officer (NCO) or a low grade officer (lieutenant or equivalent). Lance commanders are directly engaged in combat operations and are responsible for the 'Mechs under their command

A Standard Lance consists of one light, one medium, and two heavy BattleMechs.
In addition to four 'Mech pilots, there are normally four to six additional support personnel, making a lance roughly ten individuals. Three lances comprise a company.e commanders are directly engaged in combat operations and are responsible for the 'Mechs under their command.

A Standard Lance consists of one light, one medium, and two heavy BattleMechs.

In addition to four 'Mech pilots, there are normally four to six additional support personnel, making a lance roughly ten individuals. Three lances comprise a company.

Edited by Ghost, 22 June 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#76 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

View PostThird Flower, on 22 June 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

That is much cooler and also refers to a weapon that is actually used in this year of our lord.

Look up Ti T'sang-9DDC. :rolleyes:

And the my general message applies to you as well. <_<

Edited by Adridos, 22 June 2012 - 06:22 AM.

#77 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

View PostAdridos, on 22 June 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

Preston's Lancers are a canon unit... :rolleyes:

Also, "liking" your own post is really only for those with no self-respect.

Claiming command of a canon unit is verboten, no player may own a unit that has a canon basis in the battletech universe.

Edited by Vandal, 22 June 2012 - 06:40 AM.

#78 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

View PostVandal, on 22 June 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

Claiming command of a canon unit is verboten, no player may own a unit that has a canon basis in the battletech universe.

The fact is... tramtadadá... it's destroyed by this time. :rolleyes:

#79 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

View PostAdridos, on 22 June 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

The fact is... tramtadadá... it's destroyed by this time. :rolleyes:

Canon and unknown, actually, they are still canon and still on the Field Manual records past the fourth succession war but no command is listed for them.

That said, even if they were destroyed, which is likely, they are a canon unit with a part in battletech history and therefore ineligible for player command.

Why not try 'Presto's Axes' instead, that's a pretty good name and I think Third Flower is making nothing but great suggestions in this thread.

View PostHowling Mad Murdock, on 22 June 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

It is usually a symbolic reference to the fact that at some point in History Preston's Lancers used..... wait for it.... Lances. Considering Lomax is obsessed with birds and squarking I had assumed that you might understand symbolism.....

The Preston's Lancers, like all of the battlemech units attached to the CCAF, were formed after the Age of War (2398-2556). At no point in their history have they ever wielded lances against the foe!

Edited by Vandal, 22 June 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#80 Amberlance

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

'Presto's Axers' would be the correct usage, I believe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users