Art Misc

2251 replies to this topic

#81 Khanahar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Out of curiosity, is there any way we could use this info to calculate out the volume of the various 'mechs? I've long been curious if they have roughly similar densities.

#82 baabaa214

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

Has anybody been about to extract the models using cryengine sdk and 3ds max 2012 or 2013.
Why I ask is 3ds M is stating that the file is obsolete and will not open in 2012. I got the sdk files for 2013; but have not tried them.

I was trying to get the model into the sandbox in sdk but have not figured that out either.

Am I missing something with these?

#83 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

View Postbaabaa214, on 15 January 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

I was trying to get the model into the sandbox in sdk but have not figured that out either.

You have to extract the content of Objects.PAK from Piranha Games\Mechwarrior: Online\Objects directory into the CryEngine3\Game\Objects (a folder you've created yourself). They should then be available in the Brush and Geometric Entity tools. You'll then choose the mech you want in Brush and paste it onto the ground (don't worry if it's invisible, you need to apply the material yourself, but that's only needed should you want to toy with it in CryEngine 3, and it isn't needed for the exporting itself). Once that is done, simply click the Convert to .OBJ button and choose teh directory you want it to send the model into.

Here's a tutorial on how to do it the opposite direction, but should you not understand mine, you can look for better explanations in it: http://www.simonfuch...ing_started.htm

#84 baabaa214

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

sweet...

#85 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostFros7bite, on 14 January 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Why are the textures so damn low res? The diffuse map on the Atlas looks like it might be for the lod model. Anyone know where to find the high res ones?

(Using 3dsmax btw)

They should mostly be 1024x1024s. Some of the normal maps are 2048x2048s.

they were orginally all 2048, diff, norm and spec. But when they changed to the camo compatible shader set up they had to add a blend map, and they also have a damage map that will alpha blend in when your mech takes damage, and they added a gloss map.
So when the amount of maps and shader complexity increased that much they cut the some map sizes down.

I still have some of the old maps tucked away. Obviously not all of them as from the raven onward the old workflow was abandoned.

View PostKhanahar, on 14 January 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

Out of curiosity, is there any way we could use this info to calculate out the volume of the various 'mechs? I've long been curious if they have roughly similar densities.

Yes.

Edited by Ghogiel, 15 January 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#86 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Any luck finding the Spider_scale file?

I tried, but it seems as if they just skipped it and went right for the different variants which are in files CryEngine 3 can't convert and Noesis doesn't recognize.

#87 baabaa214

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

I was able to open and export the catapult but it only has the missile pods. The K2 pods were not embedded in the model that i could see.

Does anybody know where the K2 pods are located. It is not part of the .cgf file under the catapult.
I am thinking they put them some where else.

#88 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostAdridos, on 15 January 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

Any luck finding the Spider_scale file?

I tried, but it seems as if they just skipped it and went right for the different variants which are in files CryEngine 3 can't convert and Noesis doesn't recognize.

It ain't there.

and you can't convert cga to obj via CE3. Need a 3rd party app to convert. AFAIK none exist.

There is an old python program called Qskope that can parse CE2 cgf files, you can view the block list and vertex arrays if you are interested in such things. if it could parse cga files then it might be possible to add an obj exporter. I think the source code might be up somewhere. I did a uni course on python and I think this is all out of my paygrade.

So probably **** out of luck I'm afraid.

#89 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

View Postbaabaa214, on 15 January 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Does anybody know where the K2 pods are located. It is not part of the .cgf file under the catapult.
I am thinking they put them some where else.

They are the Cga files in Body folder.

You can show them up in the SDK, but as you can see in the post above me, there is probably no way to get them into obj. :)

#90 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

A catapult in a fast testmap in unreal engine. Next i want to try is re-doing a map from mwo in unrealengine.

Posted Image

#91 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

First try to capture the light-feeling from caustic valley in the unreal-engine.

Btw: Is that allowed?

Posted Image

#92 Spawn1992

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

View PostAdridos, on 20 December 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

First thing I've done with this. Yep, a scale:

Posted Image

Wow, Awesome is way taller than what I thought. I guess that's because my seat is almost on its torso. lol By the way, it doesn't look like 20 tons less than Atlas, it should be like (total) 85 at least. Yeah, it's smaller than Atlas but it's "thicker". Just saying, but I know it's not gonna be changed.

#93 Ironhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Impressive stuff guys. Can a generous soul extract a couple of models into .obj of .fbx files and post it on dropbox (in the same spirit as the 2D templates for repaints)? I'd like to try and give this a shot but would appreciate the help for that first step. Thanks in advance!

#94 Noxas

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

This is awesome Heffay! I'm with Ironhawk on this, I can see some awesome 3D repaints coming out of this.

#95 Mashel

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

I try it in cinema 4d and the model is no prob but the texture.....i dont no how i get the uv map from the three pic files to cinema :ph34r:

ah ok i found it...ok thats simple :)

Posted Image

Edited by Mashel, 27 January 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#96 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

View PostMashel, on 26 January 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

I try it in cinema 4d and the model is no prob but the texture.....i dont no how i get the uv map from the three pic files to cinema :ph34r:

ah ok i found it...ok thats simple :)

I find this prog very usefull. It shows you instant all DDS files/ midmaps. This programm can also convert to formats like bmp.

http://dxtbmp.findmysoft.com/

Edit: It's also can flip the image. So you dont have to use a prog like gimp / PS.

Edited by Allfex, 27 January 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#97 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostAllfex, on 27 January 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

I find this prog very usefull. It shows you instant all DDS files/ midmaps. This programm can also convert to formats like bmp.

http://dxtbmp.findmysoft.com/

Edit: It's also can flip the image. So you dont have to use a prog like gimp / PS.

Thanks for posting the program but my Norton flagged it for some reason I used this download link:

http://www.softpedia...load-53836.html

#98 alfalfasprossen

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

uhm, guys, just rename .cga to .cgf and open it with noesis.
cga and cgf have essentially the same internal file structure ;)

Posted Image

#99 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

View Postalfalfasprossen, on 28 January 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

uhm, guys, just rename .cga to .cgf and open it with noesis.
cga and cgf have essentially the same internal file structure ;)

Excellent! Mind if I include this in my original post?

#100 alfalfasprossen

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

sure thing, do it dude, your first post should be the only post newcomers need to read to achieve complete happiness ;)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users