2251 replies to this topic

#841 Tekadept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:08 AM

View Postssm, on 23 March 2014 - 03:58 AM, said:

Breaking isn't real problem here - While printing in SLA technology (the one that's optimal for printing minis) after printing entire platform goes to the oven where it's heated to melt away support material (wax). Thin parts (rungs, wires etc.) would melt alongside it, as there is too small connection with rest of the model and heat wouldn't dissipate properly off them.

Well in most cases yes it is the real problem, no matter the process it still doesnt change the fact that if you are playing on tabletop and sneeze your miniature will fall over and break its leg.

As far as the process i have never heard of a system using wax as a support as you described, sounds like a god awful process and would lead to issues as you described. Most places now neway use SLS which is powderbased and the powderitself supports the model <SHRUG>

But at the end of the day people can do whatever they want and leave the parts as is but YMMV

#842 Naclador

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Hi there,

I have some questions regarding my Catapult model. How can I upload images to the forum?

Best
Naclador

#843 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

View PostNaclador, on 24 March 2014 - 10:09 PM, said:

Hi there,

I have some questions regarding my Catapult model. How can I upload images to the forum?

Best
Naclador

I recommend uploading your renders to imgur. Once you've uploaded, copy the bbcode from the right hand panel and paste it in your post.

Speaking of which, I posted this a few days ago in another thread as a mock-up of a suggested Hero Quickdraw. I figure I should share it:
Posted Image

#844 Fatbat

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCosta del Sol, Spain

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostFatbat, on 21 March 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

Hey, love what you guys are doing in here. This is a little off topic, but I figured this group knows their way around the files in the game directories better than most. Do you know where the UI assets are located? The mech thumbnails and the weapon and equipment thumbs for example? Any help would be much appreciated!

View PostNakamura Takeshi, on 21 March 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

So you are looking just for the graphic elements 2D graphic files rather than the 3D elements?

Anyone able to point me in the right direction? I've been looking but I can't figure out what package contains the 2D UI elements. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#845 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

View PostFatbat, on 25 March 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

Anyone able to point me in the right direction? I've been looking but I can't figure out what package contains the 2D UI elements. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't run across any UI elements yet, but my guess is they are all scaleform elements and not Cryengine. Not sure how they could be accessed if so.

#846 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

I believe I found the file that assembles all the pieces of the level for the game. I unpacked an alpinepeaks file (game/level/alpinepeaks) and within it I found a .xml document marked "mission_mission()". I opened this file in wordpad and it seems to contain assets and coordinates for various objects and such. Here is part of that file:

<Entity Name="MechSpawner2" Pos="4203.9111,5716.2007,896.99994" Rotate="-0.48480961,0,0,0.87461972" EntityClass="MechSpawner" EntityId="229" EntityGuid="489E7D6435340D1E" Layer="TestingGroundObjects">
<Properties bEnabled="1" loadout="cda-2a.xml" teamName=""/>
</Entity>
<Object Type="Decal" Name="Decal235" Material="Materials/decals/damage/decal_genericscratch_a_snow" Pos="2181.2881,3880.0134,629.43604" Rotate="-0.43284497,0.12725919,-0.14806807,0.8800717" Scale="14.304088,14.30409,14.304087" ProjectionType="0" Deferred="1" ViewDistRatio="50" SortPriority="16" ProjectionDepth="0.1" SingleSided="0"/>
<Object Type="Decal" Name="Decal264" Material="Materials/decals/roads/decal_road_tread_b_def" Pos="5008.582,4949.3237,770.42706" Rotate="0.66609651,0.11735334,0.16389236,-0.71811068" Scale="9,9,9" ProjectionType="2" Deferred="0" ViewDistRatio="50" SortPriority="16" ProjectionDepth="0.1" SingleSided="0"/>
<Entity Name="0_ML_turret" Pos="5165.1704,4729.5654,765.75781"

If I am way off at least I submit this so we can figure out what it is, maybe as the name indicates it has something to do with the mission. But it does include x,y,z coordinates (as I see it) and where objects/decals/etc. maybe placed on this map. Any thoughts?

Edited by Nakamura Takeshi, 26 March 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#847 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostFatbat, on 25 March 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

1) I unpacked the Gamedata.pak file with WINrar as I usually do.

2) I found some elements here: Game Data/Libs/UI/HUD/Common file is "HUDComponents_I1.dds".

and

Here :lol:

gamedata/libs/ui/screens/assets/storeicons "look all over"

3) I just had Noesis (latest version...don't forget the plugin) open and dragged the file directly into Noesis and it came up.

Edited by Nakamura Takeshi, 26 March 2014 - 06:39 PM.

#848 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostNakamura Takeshi, on 26 March 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

*snip*

This took me to all kinds of interesting places. Digging around in here... I mean... some of the things I found...

PGI has made progress they are not at liberty to discuss. I'll just leave this here:

The stuff under Libs/UI/FrontEnd is pretty interesting to look at.

#849 Tekadept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

View PostNakamura Takeshi, on 26 March 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

Stuff

yes this is kinda on the right track, I was playing around with this file back in closed beta days but lost interest. might have another look again. From memory I couldnt get it to line up to make a map Big enough based on the information and number of tiles given.

#850 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

View PostTekadept, on 26 March 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

yes this is kinda on the right track, I was playing around with this file back in closed beta days but lost interest. might have another look again. From memory I couldnt get it to line up to make a map Big enough based on the information and number of tiles given.

I'm guessing, and this is from my limited knowledge that it's more for placing the objects and decals, but the topography of the map is in another file somewhere.

#851 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostNakamura Takeshi, on 27 March 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

I'm guessing, and this is from my limited knowledge that it's more for placing the objects and decals, but the topography of the map is in another file somewhere.

Yes, there is an xml file with grid coordinates (and names, ownership info, etc) for 2000+ planets.

edit: err... you referring to the CW files, or the map database? The map object locations is in the .pak file (or is it .dat?), but I have no idea what format that is in.

Edited by Heffay, 27 March 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#852 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

View PostHeffay, on 27 March 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

Yes, there is an xml file with grid coordinates (and names, ownership info, etc) for 2000+ planets.

edit: err... you referring to the CW files, or the map database? The map object locations is in the .pak file (or is it .dat?), but I have no idea what format that is in.

mission_mission().xml file is the one I'm talking about, I was able to open it easily in word pad and take a look around.

#853 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:16 AM

View PostNakamura Takeshi, on 27 March 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

mission_mission().xml file is the one I'm talking about, I was able to open it easily in word pad and take a look around.

I think that just contains decals, effects, boundaries, stuff like that. I'm pretty sure there is a .dat file with where each of the objects go. Would be handy to figure out how that works.

You can in theory load up levels into the Cryengine sandbox, but I haven't played around with that much.

#854 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostHeffay, on 27 March 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

I see what you did thar :rolleyes:

I guess you found the 14% they have finished so far?

#855 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

View PostHeffay, on 27 March 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

I think that just contains decals, effects, boundaries, stuff like that. I'm pretty sure there is a .dat file with where each of the objects go. Would be handy to figure out how that works.

You can in theory load up levels into the Cryengine sandbox, but I haven't played around with that much.

Ah I see :angry:, my interest in the game is purely from a Cinematic standpoint. I am just curious at what can be done within the Cryengine environment + MWO. I have seen soon really good trailers and would love to make some, but am not too crazy about using a 'mech cam. Although this is a quick and easy alternative it would be awesome to load a level, some 'mechs, make a "cutscene" cinematic and save it.

At this point I can say only loading up partial parts of a level are truly necessary, you can always cheat or shoot around the remaining portions of the level with editing, camera placement, etc.

#856 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

Thanks a lot for your work, btw. I whipped something up (requires WebGL capable browser): http://node23.net/zagibu/mwoViewer (might take a while to load the textures, once you choose a mech, they are quite large).

Edited by zagibu, 02 April 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#857 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

View Postzagibu, on 02 April 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

Thanks a lot for your work, btw. I whipped something up (requires WebGL capable browser): http://node23.net/zagibu/mwoViewer (might take a while to load the textures, once you choose a mech, they are quite large).

I'm not going to lie. I'm pretty flippin' hard right now! That's amazing!

#858 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Thanks. I'll see how far I can get with this. Maybe some day it could be used to check how weapon loadouts and patterns look without having to buy the mech. I have done something similar already in the past, however, these art assets are a bit more complicated than what I'm used to.

#859 Goose Igaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:38 AM

Heffay, you mentioned that you found a file with some community warfare aspects (planets). Where did you happen across this file? I've been trolling for it and haven't gotten a bite yet.

#860 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

Look inside \MechWarrior Online\Game\GameData.pak\Libs\User\

There are a few xml files there, two of which seem relevant for CW. There's a fairly one large labelled ISMapData.xml that contains pretty much all the planets in the BT universe with their locations and ownership. Interestingly enough several minor factions are represented, yet the Clans don't seem to be differentiated. The other file is ISRegionData.xml, which appears to describe the outlines of the territory belonging to each of the six Great Houses.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users