Art Misc

2252 replies to this topic

#1161 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostHeffay, on 02 December 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

The Cryengine plugin for Noesis was made for CE2, but it worked good enough for most CE3 implementations, with the occasionally exploded model issue. This was particularly prevalent in Star Citizen. However, when SC released Arena Commander, they also updated the CE version to 3.5 to take advantage of PBR, and that changed the file structure around a bit to where the plug-in no longer works at all. You have to use older versions of the SC game files (pre AC) to use those models, and even then they require a lot of manual placement.

Will keep working on getting the CE plug-in updated. Until then... :(

thanks for the update Heffay, fingers crossed

#1162 Gryphorim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 382 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:46 AM

View PostLynceus, on 28 November 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

Don't suppose someone could kitbash a mockup of the catapult with the smaller missile box off of a Battlemaster or Banshee?

-LA/RA SRM6
-LT/RT PPC
-CT Medium lasers

I'd also like to see a mockup of 2 Battlemaster missile boxes per arm, one above hinge, and other under, (where the VCR box sits)

Edited by Gryphorim, 03 December 2014 - 03:48 AM.

#1163 baabaa214

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:01 AM

Something like this?
http://mwomercs.com/...rt/page__st__80

The desert PakCats middle of the page.

#1164 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:13 AM

wow) super)

#1165 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

Is there a guide for applying camo-specs to the models?

#1166 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:11 PM

Bah, Blender running out of memory for textures. Silly program. However, still kinda cool (and a sneak peek for people wondering what's going on in the world of music video parodies!).

Posted Image

#1167 Gryphorim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 382 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:15 PM

View Postbaabaa214, on 03 December 2014 - 05:01 AM, said:

Something like this?
http://mwomercs.com/...rt/page__st__80

The desert PakCats middle of the page.

Always did like your work. I was specifically looking for a visual reference for smaller missile packs.

As for better implemented missile racks, now whilst I love the idea of modular inserts for the existing ears, it means the placement location of the second missile pack is dependent on the size of the first missile pack, something that i think the MWO game doesn't do.

#1168 baabaa214

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:56 AM

thank you.

About the smaller missile racks would be the ones under the arms.
Yes I have added the Jagermech Missile pods to the outer arms, but have seen any others that might be able to fit on the Cat.

Suggestions? and I will look into it.

MWO has a great base on the Cat and just has never gone back to update the Cat since release and the Cat has fallen to the waste side like other orginial mechs.

The Gauss Cat was a GREAT Cat and they Nerfed it.
Since the release of others the Gauss Cat should be brought back.

#1169 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:26 AM

View Postbaabaa214, on 04 December 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

thank you.

About the smaller missile racks would be the ones under the arms.
Yes I have added the Jagermech Missile pods to the outer arms, but have seen any others that might be able to fit on the Cat.

Suggestions? and I will look into it.

MWO has a great base on the Cat and just has never gone back to update the Cat since release and the Cat has fallen to the waste side like other orginial mechs.

The Gauss Cat was a GREAT Cat and they Nerfed it.
Since the release of others the Gauss Cat should be brought back.

Even though it is an old Spheroid mech, it is still one of the best models in the game. I would love to see some dedication put into dynamic arm updates to really "finish" it up...

#1170 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostHeffay, on 03 December 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

Bah, Blender running out of memory for textures. Silly program. However, still kinda cool (and a sneak peek for people wondering what's going on in the world of music video parodies!).

I know that feel bro!

And we are all really excited to see what you will come up with ;)

#1171 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostIqfish, on 04 December 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

I know that feel bro! And we are all really excited to see what you will come up with ;)

I did a lot of tweaking of the performance options for rendering, including increasing the size of the default ... "window" that cycles renders from 32x32 to 128x128, and increments in between. It's amazing how much it affected the speed of the render. 8x8 took over a day (well, I didn't wait, just estimated time), default 32x32 took about 7 minutes, 64x64 took 4 and 128x128 was just over 2. And there was no difference in quality of the result either, despite dramatically improved times. I'm sure for highly complex environments that it won't work as well, but it's always worth testing out the render times with different settings to see how things will be affected.

I'm still going to offload a bunch of processing to Rebus, because screw not playing MWO while waiting for stuff to finish! ;)

#1172 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostHeffay, on 04 December 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

I did a lot of tweaking of the performance options for rendering, including increasing the size of the default ... "window" that cycles renders from 32x32 to 128x128, and increments in between. It's amazing how much it affected the speed of the render. 8x8 took over a day (well, I didn't wait, just estimated time), default 32x32 took about 7 minutes, 64x64 took 4 and 128x128 was just over 2. And there was no difference in quality of the result either, despite dramatically improved times. I'm sure for highly complex environments that it won't work as well, but it's always worth testing out the render times with different settings to see how things will be affected.

I'm still going to offload a bunch of processing to Rebus, because screw not playing MWO while waiting for stuff to finish! ;)

We actually got our last scene below 2,5GB and thus made it renderable by not Overkill GPUs only (VRAM!).

Gave it to the renderfarm and my 780 rendered a frame every 2:30, when it was 18minutes on my 4770K before.
Andreas and I let our GPUs render through the night, but when the first people with potato GPUs came in, we started getting corrupted frames, missing features or just plain graphical gibberish.

#1173 Andreas80

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationGermany, Hesse, Darmstadt

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:31 AM

View PostHeffay, on 04 December 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

If you like, give BRENDA a chance. Its a script that allows you to create multiple amazon ec2 spot instances. For a medium instance c3.xlarge the price is around .04 ct per hour. There are serveral ami's with blender and brenda pre installed so you only have to crate instances and create a sqs work queue. You should do a benchmark to compare rebus and aws ec2 spot instances (i think with a spot instance [or a couple] you could save between 60 and 90 percent money)

https://github.com/jamesyonan/brenda (source)
http://brendapro.com/forum/ (help forum)
(i'm Heinerbub overthere)

#1174 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

Thanks, will take a look at it. Rebus does seem expensive, but the convenience factor is hard to ignore. I have a bunch of credit at Rebus already, so will burn through that at least and then look at Brenda. If I can incorporate that into my workflow easily, that'll probably be the way to go.

#1175 baabaa214

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:49 AM

Heffay,

Have you tested the script on the new mechs.
I am using 2.72b blender and getting those werid errors when trying to import them.

Edited by baabaa214, 06 December 2014 - 06:50 AM.

#1176 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:53 AM

View Postbaabaa214, on 06 December 2014 - 06:49 AM, said:

Heffay,

Have you tested the script on the new mechs.
I am using 2.72b blender and getting those werid errors when trying to import them.

Briefly, and it's not working very well. I can't look at it this weekend beyond that, but it may require a new cryengine plug-in for Noesis. I'm trying to get that going, but it's slow going as I have to rely on others for the work.

#1177 Andreas80

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:03 AM

View PostHeffay, on 06 December 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

but it may require a new cryengine plug-in for Noesis.

Is anyone coding a new plugin?

Btw. i'm using 2.72b an i have nearly no problems (some obj are black in preview but that can be fixed be simple reassign the material [r-click object - tab(editmode) - a (select all) - in material tab click asign - tab again - next object]

#1178 baabaa214

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:43 AM

problem is that using the obj script that heffay created is not able to import the newer models into blender.
question is has anybody imported new line mechs into blender?
i tried lynx and hellbringer and both failed.

#1179 Andreas80

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:52 AM

View Postbaabaa214, on 06 December 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

problem is that using the obj script that heffay created is not able to import the newer models into blender.
question is has anybody imported new line mechs into blender?
i tried lynx and hellbringer and both failed.

Ok ... is it possible to (re)-import the models in the cry engine sdk like this guy did: ?

If it's possible we could export to obj from the (paid) ce sandbox !

#1180 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

View PostHeffay, on 06 December 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

Briefly, and it's not working very well. I can't look at it this weekend beyond that, but it may require a new cryengine plug-in for Noesis. I'm trying to get that going, but it's slow going as I have to rely on others for the work.

You might consider hitting up the folks at Blender.org for a cry-engine script as well if Neosis isn't getting updated any more.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users