Battlemech 19: Orion

685 replies to this topic

#421 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

well. Guess I can stop saving up cbills and go play some eve online instead.

pulling a bait and switch like this is a pretty crappy thing to do IMO.

#422 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

If you guys are only staying just to use one mech you are not enjoying the game.

#423 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

who said they were staying to only use one mech? That's an odd conclusion to come to.

#424 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostBarghest Whelp, on 06 June 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

Omg, you're saying it'll be another 4 months before we even get a chance of seeing the Orion?

Ok, that's it, I need another break. I think I'll stay away from the forums this time around. That was like the one thing I had to look forward to about this game. With the release coming up we'll probably never see it.

Well, I guess I'll check in next year.
Posted Image

Edited by Sephlock, 08 June 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#425 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

I hereby request that the Hero Orion be named the "Elias".

Doubly so if it marks their return to the "Release the hero first, then the base variants" release strategy.

#426 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

Excited for the orion.

To see the different variants.

All of the variants look very different from eachother. I hope these variations are well represented. A lot of recent mechs have been using recycled mesh (JM6-A's LRM launchers from trebbie), I hope it doesn't happen with the orion, and that the variants get distinct arms

#427 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts
  • LocationOakland, California Republic, North America, Terra

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostTennex, on 13 June 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Excited for the orion.

To see the different variants.

All of the variants look very different from eachother. I hope these variations are well represented. A lot of recent mechs have been using recycled mesh (JM6-A's LRM launchers from trebbie), I hope it doesn't happen with the orion, and that the variants get distinct arms

I keep telling myself this, as consolation to how bummed out I was. I really hope some decent time is put into this mech and it looks unique.

#428 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostCarnifexMaximus, on 13 June 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

I keep telling myself this, as consolation to how bummed out I was. I really hope some decent time is put into this mech and it looks unique.

yup. shoudln't be too hard/too much to ask.

since if you look back mechs like the cataphract had a lot of unique mesh between the variants.

#429 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostTennex, on 13 June 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

since if you look back mechs like the cataphract had a lot of unique mesh between the variants.

I know right? My buddy and I were just talking about this the other day. Ever since the trebuchet I feel like every mech that comes out looks more and more homogenized.

Re: the Orion's unique points... I feel like there are two very different ideas of how it looks... A skinny version (ex http://www.sarna.net...XTROM_Orion.jpg) with more curves and a really blocky ugly (http://www.sarna.net...yTech_Orion.jpg) "robot" version. I prefer the latter. Ive been told I'm crazy for liking my Orion that way, something about the skinny legs of the other one kinda bug me.

Also the concept artwork we have for MWO shows a pretty different idea of what the cockpit looks like. I really hope the Orion has got that off-center cockpit with the vertical beam going through the middle of the window.

#430 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostCarnifexMaximus, on 13 June 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

View PostTennex, on 13 June 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

I listed the variants and their starting armaments (and, thus, their minimum required hardpoint distribution) in this post. :ph34r:

The ON1-K is the "common"/"default" variant and the ON1-M is the "recovered LosTech" variant, so I would feel fairly confident in stating that we would be getting those two.

I would hope that we would get the ON1-V-DC; it gives us another 'Mech that starts with a Command Console (which, IMO, should be hard-pointed, like AMS and ECM) and provides the "command 'Mech" that the Orion is known for being.
The ON1-V and ON1-V-A could be added if additional variants are needed, but either setup could be easily created from the ON1-V-DC's minimum required hardpoints.

In summary, I would predict that the Orion variants that we would get would be the ON1-K, ON1-V-DC, and ON1-M.

Thoughts?

#431 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 13 June 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

I listed the variants and their starting armaments (and, thus, their minimum required hardpoint distribution) in this post. :ph34r:

The ON1-K is the "common"/"default" variant and the ON1-M is the "recovered LosTech" variant, so I would feel fairly confident in stating that we would be getting those two.

I would hope that we would get the ON1-V-DC; it gives us another 'Mech that starts with a Command Console (which, IMO, should be hard-pointed, like AMS and ECM) and provides the "command 'Mech" that the Orion is known for being.
The ON1-V and ON1-V-A could be added if additional variants are needed, but either setup could be easily created from the ON1-V-DC's minimum required hardpoints.

In summary, I would predict that the Orion variants that we would get would be the ON1-K, ON1-V-DC, and ON1-M.

Thoughts?

I agree totally, I wonder if the V-DC will get ECM? Although, my trillion c-bill question is if the command console will actually do anything (other than take up 1 crit and 3 tons) when the Orion comes out?

All I really want is to get a good STD engine dual UAC5, MLs & SRM setup goin on this bad boy.

#432 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

I hope that this will be the next mech after the Victor. I'm looking for my second heavy mech to master and the Cataphract and Jagermech have the stench of cheese on them while the Quickdraw and Dragon just don't have that heavy mech feel for me.

#433 MetalMutt

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostAntharPrime, on 13 July 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

I hope that this will be the next mech after the Victor. I'm looking for my second heavy mech to master and the Cataphract and Jagermech have the stench of cheese on them while the Quickdraw and Dragon just don't have that heavy mech feel for me.

I remember PGI saying that the Orion won't come out until the next heavy mech in the rotation. This month is the Victor, and I'm betting that next month will be the Flea, then they'll be skipping a medium mech and release the Orion in September. Then the phoenix stuff starts with the Locust in October.

#434 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

We won't see the Flea until they hammer out the bugs in MASC. Personally, I hope they decide to drop in another surprise light the way they did with the Quickderp so we have a light that will actually function in the game. Long story short, since the Flea depends on something they can't make work, where is the replacement?

#435 Elbola Ierocis

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostSuskis, on 19 December 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Ugliest mech in original 3025 technical readout

Oh really? OSTSCOUT

#436 AntharPrime

• 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostHelsbane, on 13 July 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

We won't see the Flea until they hammer out the bugs in MASC. Personally, I hope they decide to drop in another surprise light the way they did with the Quickderp so we have a light that will actually function in the game. Long story short, since the Flea depends on something they can't make work, where is the replacement?

I'm also wondering, they hired extra staff so they could release 2 mechs per month and with the Flea and Orion being the only 2 mechs left and the Project Phoenix mechs only starting in October we have 2 months where they could sneak in some mechs like they did the Quickdraw. Of course if they release a Warhammer, my Orion purchase might have to wait. The Dervish might be nice as a medium mech also.

Edited by AntharPrime, 13 July 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#437 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

There are a million and a half mechs in the pipe. No reason to get upset over one being delayed. I forgot how many have been added so far, and it's a bit mind boggling to look through the mech shop at the moment.

#438 AntharPrime

• 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostS3dition, on 13 July 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

There are a million and a half mechs in the pipe. No reason to get upset over one being delayed. I forgot how many have been added so far, and it's a bit mind boggling to look through the mech shop at the moment.

The only ones that they officially stated that were coming were the Project Phoenix mechs, the Flea and the Orion. I am not upset, I am just looking for my next mech. Until then I can upgrade my first few mechs that I mastered before endo, double heat sinks and all the other upgrades came in and bank my cbills so that I have plenty to upgrade my Phoenix mechs.

#439 LoveLost85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

Shouldn't be too long for Orion now right? Please please please hero Orion off the bat like the victor! I loaded down my account with mc for it....and maybe a hula girl. It's not a lie so I've heard

#440 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Has it been 3-4 months yet? :D

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users