#601 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

View Post42and19, on 03 September 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

But, The only hero orion on sarna is the kerensky....and....well....KERENSKY.....Blech

Has anyone else noticed that there has been little to no chatter about the contents of this patch?

Another potential candidate for a canonical Hero 'Mech is "Lurch", piloted by Yvonne Morticia from Team Banzai.

From Sarna, on Yvonne Morticia: "Commander of the Team Banzai JumpShip Nth Dimension; a DropShip pilot; and a renowned sharpshooter in her personal Orion BattleMech."

From TRO 3025, on Yvonne Morticia: "Looking as if she slinked out of a vampire video, Yvonne Morticia is the sexy, slightly disturbing member of the equally weird Team Banzai. Besides being an excellent gunner, she is also a DropShip pilot and the commander of Team Banzai`s JumpShip, the Nth Dimension.

It often seems as if Yvonne participates in a land battle to divert her from more intellectual tasks. She views the victims of her black Orion, named the Lurch, with pity and a hint of contempt for their lack of skills. She has been offered a newer `Mech, but turned the offer down, saying that the Lurch was too close a friend."

There is no known and definite canonical loadout for Lurch (just as there is no known and definite canonical loadout for Pretty Baby or Death's Knell), which means that PGI can make up a loadout without necessarily contradicting BattleTech.
Given that the pilot is "renowned" as "a gunner" and "a sharpshooter", it might be implied that Lurch's armaments might be might be more heavily focused on direct-fire weaponry than the typical, typically missile-oriented Orion...

Team Banzai emblem:
Posted Image

Team Banzai paint scheme:
Posted Image

Pilot concept image:
Posted Image
(Kate Beckinsale, as "Selene" from the Underworld series)

Thoughts? :)

#602 RapierE01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

New Hero Mech

"Protector" ON1-P
  • Tonnage: 75
  • Engine: 300 Standard
    • Top Speed: 64.8 kph
    • Max Engine Rating: 360
  • Torso Movement:
    • 90 degrees to each side.
    • 20 degrees up and down.
  • Arm Movement:
    • 20 degrees to each side.
    • 30 degrees up and down.
  • Armor: 448 (Ferro-Fibrous)
  • Internal Structure: Standard
  • Weapons & Equipment:
    • Left Arm: Medium Laser
    • Left Torso: PPC, SRM 4 w/ Artemis IV FCS
    • Right Torso: Gauss Rifle
    • Right Arm: Medium Laser
  • Hardpoints:
    • Left Arm: 1 Energy
    • Left Torso: 1 Energy, 2 Missile, 1 AMS
    • Right Torso: 2 Ballistic
    • Right Arm: 1 Energy
  • Heat Sinks: 10 Double
  • Jump Jets: 0 (0 Max)
  • ECM Capable?: No
  • Module Slots: 2
  • Movement Archetype: Large
  • 30% C-Bill Bonus

Source: http://mwomercs.com/...-september-3rd/

Edited by RapierE01, 03 September 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#603 Earthtalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationBack in the Saddle.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

The snub nose PPC always bugged me. It was one of those weapons that I think was just thrown in as a catch all.
Want to shoot far? Here's 5 damage.
What about mid-range? Have 8.
Close range, you say? How does 10 damage sound? Good? Here ya go. Enjoy.

I would like to think General Kerensky would have knew how important he was both on and off the field. i think he would have
been a bit smarter with his load out choices. If I were a fighting general like Kerensky was portrayed, I would focus on medium-close range with limited indirect long range support. My take on his load out would be: 1 LRM-15, 1 SRM-4, 1 LB 10-X AC, and 4 Medium Lasers. 2 tons of ammo across the board, CASE in the Left Torso, and 12 tons of Ferro-Fibrous Armor. AC gets Cluster/Slug mix while missiles are standard. My reasoning is that he would want to be viable in any situation he found himself in. I now that sounds like the perfect reason for taking the Snub-Nose PPC, but for the tonnage, he'll get more bang for his buck with the lasers at close range. The LRM's and AC make up the difference at Med-Long range. At least that's how I see it. I got the SSW if anyone wants it.. Anyway, I hope my ramblings made some sense. And I hope the Orion in some form pops today. With how things have been lately for PGI, it would be a good shot in the arm community wise.

View PostRapierE01, on 03 September 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

New Hero Mech

"Protector" ON1-P
  • Tonnage: 75
  • Engine: 300 Standard
    • Top Speed: 64.8 kph
    • Max Engine Rating: 360
  • Torso Movement:
    • 90 degrees to each side.
    • 20 degrees up and down.
  • Arm Movement:
    • 20 degrees to each side.
    • 30 degrees up and down.
  • Armor: 448 (Ferro-Fibrous)
  • Internal Structure: Standard
  • Weapons & Equipment:
    • Left Arm: Medium Laser
    • Left Torso: PPC, SRM 4 w/ Artemis IV FCS
    • Right Torso: Gauss Rifle
    • Right Arm: Medium Laser
  • Hardpoints:
    • Left Arm: 1 Energy
    • Left Torso: 1 Energy, 2 Missile, 1 AMS
    • Right Torso: 2 Ballistic
    • Right Arm: 1 Energy
  • Heat Sinks: 10 Double
  • Jump Jets: 0 (0 Max)
  • ECM Capable?: No
  • Module Slots: 2
  • Movement Archetype: Large
  • 30% C-Bill Bonus
Source: http://mwomercs.com/...-september-3rd/

And just when I get done typing all that and hit enter, you throw that up. My hopes surge once more, as well as confirming my build. I need to type faster.

#604 ddd aka DuLa

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGalactica

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

i was waiting for this mech for a looooong time and now this...
http://www.youtube.c...d&v=lPxvVbgkYTo

#605 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts
  • LocationBound and gagged on The Island

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

Sometimes, it's like complete strangers tune into your head and make something just for you.

I've been wanting the Orion for a while, and that video.... The flashy, 80's paint job.... The 80's synthpop music... The Miami Vice artistic approach......

As much as I hate PGI right now, as much as I lose 90% of the drops I enter, as much as most of My pug buddys stopped playing...... I'm pretty sure this'll be the first hero mech I get......

I MUST HAVE IT.

I'm gonna give Mine a white with pastel pink and green trim paintjob, and call it "Sunny"..... Or Celestia, both names'll work.....

Posted Image

#606 TanE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 757 posts
  • LocationIn investigation of the Ghostbear Dominion

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

Nice one:

Posted Image

#607 RapierE01

• 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Its General K's Variant so it will be bought.

#608 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 03 September 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

No flea for you!

Nope, but you Orion fans got your (hero) 'mech, and in one/two weeks will get the rest of the variants. So happy hunting!

I wonder if I'll ever get my Flea... 20 tons of pure win, just waiting to run rampant across the field of glory!

#609 Middcore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Don't own one myself yet, but does anybody else looking at pics/videos of this new 'mech think it looks a little...

...odd? Like...flat? Under-detailed? It looks almost like a MechWarrior 4 model or something. It's like it isn't finished.

#610 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Came to brawl!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...73333f7e0c522d4

#611 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts
  • LocationBound and gagged on The Island

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

I got one. Didn't buy MC specifically for it, Had some MC laying around that I bought a few months ago (Before the game became unplayable garbage).
Can't say much about it's performance, as like I said I now die every time I launch, but at least it looks cool in 80's paint.
If you like Centurions, this'll be a good fit for you.

#612 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Just wanna post a pic (sorry for the size) of the Orion with different colors (DHB colors too). Enjoy the Orion-Protector!
Posted Image

#613 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#614 Burning Chrome

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

Looks nothing like an Orion.

Legs are just wrong, torso is too squat, cockpit and proportions are way off and make this look like its a medium mech.

Way to many liberties/changes...practically unrecognizable.

Sorry, but Flying Debris missed the mark with this one IMO.

The Kerensky variant is lame.  Way to ruin the mystic and lore of the Orion and the man himself.  Just to make a few bucks of a poorly (re)sculpted mini.  Maybe the ON1-K was the Kerensky variant...and eventually became the most produced variant, but nope.  Guess thats too clever.

Always thought it was cool that the General of the SLDF used an ON1-K Orion like so many other mechwarriors.

Not some dopey retconned custom POS.  Same with Michi Noketsuna's Ostroc...***-hatery at its finest.

Still a disappoint for me as this is one of my favorite rides of all my time playing Battletech.  Curious to see what the ON1-V, VA and M look like, but thats about it.  Especially since it looks like we're stuck with "the typo" concerning the SRM4 on the ON1-K.

Meh...

Edited by Burning Chrome, 03 September 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#615 Middcore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostBurning Chrome, on 03 September 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Looks better than the Orion ever has.

FTFY.

Reno, Budor, thanks for the screens. Those look a lot better than the impression I got from the first few pics/videos. I still think the hot rod paint scheme the Protector comes with doesn't do the game any favors but the model itself appears to be pretty nice.

#616 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostBurning Chrome, on 03 September 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Looks nothing like an Orion.

Legs are just wrong, torso is too squat, cockpit and proportions are way off and make this look like its a medium mech.

Way to many liberties/changes...practically unrecognizable.

Sorry, but Flying Debris missed the mark with this one IMO.

The Kerensky variant is lame. Way to ruin the mystic and lore of the Orion and the man himself. Just to make a few bucks of a poorly (re)sculpted mini. Maybe the ON1-K was the Kerensky variant...and eventually became the most produced variant, but nope. Guess thats too clever.

Always thought it was cool that the General of the SLDF used an ON1-K Orion like so many other mechwarriors.

Not some dopey retconned custom POS. Same with Michi Noketsuna's Ostroc...***-hatery at its finest.

Still a disappoint for me as this is one of my favorite rides of all my time playing Battletech. Curious to see what the ON1-V, VA and M look like, but thats about it. Especially since it looks like we're stuck with "the typo" concerning the SRM4 on the ON1-K.

Meh...

You want any of the "original" Orion artworks from here SARNA ??
I hope not :)

#617 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostGaslight, on 03 September 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Don't own one myself yet, but does anybody else looking at pics/videos of this new 'mech think it looks a little...

...odd? Like...flat? Under-detailed? It looks almost like a MechWarrior 4 model or something. It's like it isn't finished.

My thoughts actually.. it looks in Standard Colors a bit too shiny, as if freshly polished for the General on a parade... i guess... and frankly the paint scheme is horrible. Like a worker from the local Sewer System...

Once ingame you see the details you didnt see before, cause if the SHINY plates. im using a 2 diffrent blacks body + Gold for the lines, and it fine.
The cockpit is also very nicely detailed, with an od dead spot Center top but good lookout else.

But yes, definitely a slightly diffrent school of design... or a quick shot to appease the masses?

Edited by John McFianna, 03 September 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#618 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostReno Blade, on 03 September 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Just wanna post a pic (sorry for the size) of the Orion with different colors (DHB colors too). Enjoy the Orion-Protector!
Posted Image

View PostBudor, on 03 September 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Nice pictures!
So... any confirmation on the size/distribution of the hitboxes? :)

View PostStrum Wealh, on 25 August 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

It will be interesting to see how the hitboxes are divided across the geometry presented:
Posted Image

For the ON1-K, the LRM and SRM launchers are housed in the Left Torso and the AC/10 is housed in the Right Torso.

With the above illustration, it seems like the two missile launchers would probably make up most (if not all) of the LT hitbox while the AC and the area above it up to the shoulder (where the 15th Marik Militia emblem is plastered) would probably make up most (if not all) of the RT hitbox... which would mean that the CT would probably make most (if not all) of the boxy section between the missile launchers and the autocannon. :D :lol:

Thoughts?

#619 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

How does it fare in battle overall? Have yet to see a whole lot of either complaining or praising it performance-wise. I'm more interested in seeing how it does with the stock loadout since I'm going to dump the few cbills I've been grinding for on my new Atlas first.

#620 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 03 September 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

How does it fare in battle overall? Have yet to see a whole lot of either complaining or praising it performance-wise. I'm more interested in seeing how it does with the stock loadout since I'm going to dump the few cbills I've been grinding for on my new Atlas first.

it's very "average" from what I've seen you can make it into whatever you want but it's sort of a jack of all master of none with its default build

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users