Anyway To Clear All Key Bindings?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Ow Chi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationInbound

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Can't find a way to do this, does anyone know if it's possible?

Basically I want to clear my key bindings for the joystick and start over but I don't see any way to clear them, only change them.

Is there a file I can edit? That would be ideal...

#2 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationSomewhere north of St. Petersburg

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostOw Chi, on 19 December 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

Can't find a way to do this, does anyone know if it's possible?

Basically I want to clear my key bindings for the joystick and start over but I don't see any way to clear them, only change them.

Is there a file I can edit? That would be ideal...

You can go at it 2 ways.

1. In the MWO Client's Options menu, in the Joystick (3rd) column... Pick a joystick button, (preferably one you don't want to actually use in the game, if possible)... Assign that button to the first entry in the column that you wish to clear... save it. Go to the next entry that you wish to clear... assign the same joystick button that you assigned to the previous entry... save it. Voila', the first entry is now cleared. Repeat for all the other button assignment entries that you wish to clear. Using this method, you can clear all but one button assignment in the joystick column. [In my case, I just left the "Invert throttle" entry assigned]. These changes get written to the Actionmaps.xml file.

2. You can edit the Actionmaps.xml file with an XML editor (Notepad ++ is a good one, for instance). If you have cleared at least one button assignment per method 1 above, you can use that as an example of the format you need to use to clear assignments in the Actionmaps.xml file.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

You can also delete the actionmaps file, or delete the entire /USER file to clear all user-made adjustments.

#4 Ow Chi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationInbound

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

Perfect, thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users