Stalker 5M Missile Boat [Build & Gameplay Video]

6 replies to this topic

#1 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hi guys I have a new Missile Boat build for you, it's work in progress but it's a beast.

#2 Volts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Isn't the 5M the one with the narc slot (so it spits out 1 missile at a time)?

I guess it has 5 missile slots and you left it empty?

Is it not worth BAP at all for faster target acquisition?

Anyhow, cheers. Looking for a lrm build, I'll give it a go (though I agree, looks like a little more ammo is needed for the longer fights).

#3 TopHatCat

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Fun video, I'd love to see much more, shame it was just 1 match.

If your feeling energetic you should record afew and upload 'em! (Minus ECM matches :P lol)

p.s. Also never knew how effective the TAG was, jesus, I'm gonna have to start using one!

#4 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

View PostVolts, on 20 December 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

Isn't the 5M the one with the narc slot (so it spits out 1 missile at a time)?

I guess it has 5 missile slots and you left it empty?

Is it not worth BAP at all for faster target acquisition?

Anyhow, cheers. Looking for a lrm build, I'll give it a go (though I agree, looks like a little more ammo is needed for the longer fights).

Yeah it has a Narc slot but with Narc being a bit **** I just left it out. I was tempted to put an LRM into the Narc slot just for a laugh :)

I am working on the Ammo issue, maybe drop Artimus not sure yet.

#5 VagabondHT

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

View PostMack1, on 22 December 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

Yeah it has a Narc slot but with Narc being a bit **** I just left it out. I was tempted to put an LRM into the Narc slot just for a laugh :D

I am working on the Ammo issue, maybe drop Artimus not sure yet.

mack like i said on the yt page drop the artemis, but i have been playing the build well a Ver of it. Its pretty much the same as your but i removed the LRM15s and replaced them with LRM10s which will get you a extra 4 tons. Adds more ammo and gives you a slight better missile ammo concervation since you are not firing off 70 every time. Besides 10 less missiles per salvo for 4 tons thats a good trade off, you might even get to keep Artemis

#6 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

Personally, I would take the 20s down to 15s, keep the Artemis and bump up the engine speed or add more DHS.

I run a very similar setup with 4 LRM15s, 4 MLAS, TAG, about 8 tons of ammo IIRC (1600 rounds) XL300 and Endo. 0 free crits.

Edited by BDU Havoc, 24 December 2012 - 04:52 AM.

#7 Vizan Thalt

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

This is my infamous missile boat build:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b8c5b0eef89613d

It is best used chain fire, but can be switched to drop a 60 lrm volley on either a nearly dead mech for a deathblow or as a first punch to start tenderizing the armor and blast through fresh AMS.

This build is in no way meant for brawling and you should run to friends if possible, at the first sign of trouble. It is aslo a solitary build that tends to leave you out away from help should you get caught by pretty much any other mech. Scout swarms are the worst though.

I have Mastered this mech and as such run advanced sensor range and advanced target decay. Heat is only a problem on worlds where it is already hot, or those times when there are so many targets you just want to hose them all.

This build is almost totally dependant on the rest of the drop team. They are your best source for targetting and your survival. Most effective kill box is the area between 200 - 500m as this leaves less chance for AMS to be useful, even if you have two of them.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users