23 replies to this topic

#21 Wrenchfarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

View PostWolfways, on 21 December 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

You obviously don't read the forums much :)
Many players have reported PPC's not doing full damage within their optimum range, and they don't do all their damage to one area. It spreads sometimes into two areas. I've been using a K2 since CB and i can tell you that when firing both PPC's together the target will take damage in three areas.

I'll have to pay attention more when using my Awe-9M. I've been coring people out all day with it no prob.

#22 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

View Postlocilocisu, on 21 December 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

Seems like PPCs projectile is like a giant ball. It might be bigger than the Side torsos of some mechs, hence the damage is spread out.

Even if I get a almost-hit, I get scrape damage off on the target. Chrosshairs light up and PPC shot keeps flying past.

#23 Johnny Rico

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

4x user here with a 2x guass set up.good @ legging but..dat explosion is a b-ah.im thinking about running a 2ac5 2uac 5 build now due to the boom boom of the guass's.still legit great at legging but the ac20 i think is a better weapon then guass now..not before teh patch

Edited by Reiko 1337, 21 December 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#24 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

I've not had a problem with them even with XL engines and a torso mounted Gauss. It's still a solid weapon with massive burst damage at no heat. My experience has been that if you've lost enough armor to the point that the weapon is getting hit you're probably doomed anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users