Operation Inception: Easy Mech Comparison

93 replies to this topic

#41 Valatar

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

Atlases always had LRM-20s in the left torso, not a dual LRM-10 in both sides. The original Atlas drawing only showed five missile ports; the game fluff said that the LRM-20 just rapid-fired four times from the five ports to get the twenty missiles in the air. So there's really not much problem with a ten port version of the launcher.

#42 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostAlymbic, on 22 May 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

Since I'll be getting a Cicada anyway.

Garth say then Chik -da's are sweeeeeeeeet!. :o

Edited by MaddMaxx, 22 May 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#43 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 22 May 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

My observation... may mirror others, but I've set aside money for the ELITE package already...

Catapult - new nose, probably a sensor package, BAP or ECM of sorts
Jenner - probably comes with a stream SRM missile system vs the dumb-fire SRMs or a MASC system installed
Atlas - advanced optics with gauss rifle?
Hunchback - added chin... umm? more leg room? LOL! sorry, probably a sensor package as well given the senor array on the head
Kinda curious why the other 'Mechs were not chosen for the "Founder 'Mech" options... but oh well...

All in all... I can't wait, but must... time off request has been put in at work and my GF will have to do without for the week LOL!

Bonus only applied to the "Founder 'Mechs"...

"Exclusive custom "Founder's BattleMech." This 'Mech includes a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster." looks like only the 'Mech of your choice...

I expect these mechs were chosen as the Founder bonus mechs because there were the first four to be complete, giving them the most time to have a second pass for alternate modeling. I also expect the same four are the starting line up, from which everyone will receive their first free starter mech- Meaning, those who buy the Operation:Inception packages are not getting two starter mechs, but getting a special skin FOR their starter mech.

#44 Mota Prefect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 634 posts
  • LocationAboard Sheep Star 1 Battleship - Location Classified

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 22 May 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

I expect these mechs were chosen as the Founder bonus mechs because there were the first four to be complete, giving them the most time to have a second pass for alternate modeling. I also expect the same four are the starting line up, from which everyone will receive their first free starter mech- Meaning, those who buy the Operation:Inception packages are not getting two starter mechs, but getting a special skin FOR their starter mech.

Yep, this is how I see it as well, which is more then fine with me.

#45 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

O:I Catapult < Standard Catapult
O:I Hunchback > Standard Hunchback
O:I Atlas > Standard Atlas
O:I Jenner = Standard Jenner

For the model, not the texture. Black and yellow wins every time!

EDIT: Inception Jenner has side windows so you aren't limited to tunnel vision, so I would give that the thumbs up too!

Edited by Zakatak, 22 May 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#46 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hate the cat.... Haaate the cat, prefer the snub nosed far more. Atlas is arright

#47 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

I like the new pointy nose on the Catapult, although I was happy enough with the existing design. Will have to watch the in-game footage again to see what the actual model looks like, compared to the concept art. No Dragon though. :o

#48 Valatar

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Catapults had the pointy nose originally, that's not a new development. The snub nose is the deviation from the original design.

#49 FrostPaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

See now I'm torn, do I get an additional mech with this new rare colour scheme and bonus C-bills effect or will it be my first choice mech?

I originally planned to pick the Hunchback but looking at the Inception Atlas and Catapult...I'm unsure....

#50 Claw55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationPlanet Robinson, Draconis March

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

Ok, to be perfectly honest, I don't like the new Catapult skin, I prefer the snub-nose, boxy look myself. I hope I'm not alone in that. Won't stop me from buying into Op: Inception, but I wish I could transfer the boost to the regular 'mech.

#51 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostFrostPaw, on 22 May 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

See now I'm torn, do I get an additional mech with this new rare colour scheme and bonus C-bills effect or will it be my first choice mech?

I originally planned to pick the Hunchback but looking at the Inception Atlas and Catapult...I'm unsure....

I don't think they intend to give the Veteran/elite guys two free starter mechs, so I expect the custom cosmetics and Cbill bonus would be applied to your single starter mech (since I believe Jenner/Hunchback/Catapult/Atlas will be the starting line up)

with your $80 wortth of in-game currency you can surely buy a regular Hunchback to go along with your founder mech Cat or Atlas :o I would personally have to go Atlas because that new skull is awesome, and it has a nice varied set of hardpoint types so it has a lot of customization options.

#52 FrostPaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 22 May 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

I don't think they intend to give the Veteran/elite guys two free starter mechs, so I expect the custom cosmetics and Cbill bonus would be applied to your single starter mech (since I believe Jenner/Hunchback/Catapult/Atlas will be the starting line up)

with your $80 wortth of in-game currency you can surely buy a regular Hunchback to go along with your founder mech Cat or Atlas :o I would personally have to go Atlas because that new skull is awesome, and it has a nice varied set of hardpoint types so it has a lot of customization options.

I understand what you are saying but....it's not two free starter mechs, everyone gets one, you PAID for the inception bonus mech.

#53 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostVexgrave Lars, on 22 May 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

Jenner window still horked. Oh well LOL

Actually it looks like they added some real thin side windows to the Jenner; it pushed the whole window assembly out by a foot or two. Not quite enough to match up with the game screens we've seen, but at least the bones are there. And they reduced the window space of the Catapult as well.

#54 cinco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 509 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostClaw55, on 22 May 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Ok, to be perfectly honest, I don't like the new Catapult skin, I prefer the snub-nose, boxy look myself. I hope I'm not alone in that. Won't stop me from buying into Op: Inception, but I wish I could transfer the boost to the regular 'mech.

*facepalm*

it has no boost. you can still purchase the default catapult.

#55 Claw55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

View Postcinco, on 22 May 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

*facepalm*

it has no boost. you can still purchase the default catapult.

*Double Facepalm*
I know that it has no actual 'boost' you know perfectly well what I meant. To be fair, your Idea is a sound one, and thats what I'm probably going to do. I know I sound crazy, but I just don't like the look. It frustrates me that that all the other 'mechs look BADA$$, and the Catapult looks like a Raven someone duct-taped LRMs to.

On the plus side, this is my ONLY QUALM with the game so far.

Edited by Claw55, 22 May 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#56 Heron

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI USA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

The Inception post states that the founder mechs generate more C-bills than the default mechs.

Exclusive custom "Founder's BattleMech." This 'Mech includes a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster.

#57 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'm torn between the Hunch or the Atlas. I'm not sure. I don't think I would use the Catapult even if the Specs are good.

#58 Drakiis

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Inner Sphere

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

The Inception artwork is closer to the original artwork, the features they sport are old school, thus the FOUNDERS philosophy

#59 Claw55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostClaw55, on 22 May 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

*Double Facepalm*
I know that it has no actual 'boost' you know perfectly well what I meant. To be fair, your Idea is a sound one, and thats what I'm probably going to do. I know I sound crazy, but I just don't like the look. It frustrates me that that all the other 'mechs look BADA$$, and the Catapult looks like a Raven someone duct-taped LRMs to.

On the plus side, this is my ONLY QUALM with the game so far.

Know what, I'm actually going to take back what I said. Now that I think about it, it doesn't look as bad as I thought. I'll wait to see it ingame.

Ok, other than that, so glad PGI is doing this!

#60 Sassori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBlackjack

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

I was hoping for non mech specific bonus but, oh well. I wonder if the premium c-bill bonus will stack with the founder mech bonus or if they are simply identical (This is what I expect).

Not really a fan of any of those 4 even if the art is ok (I prefer snub nosed catapult myself, point nose catapult = no way for me) unless we get access to variants for our Founder mech. To much not known to be sure so I'm going to just say it's either between the catapult or the hunchback for me (I'd rather take the Atlas, but I figure there's going to be five billion of those running around already).

33 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 33 guests, 0 anonymous users