Do You Want Clan Tech In This Game?

46 replies to this topic

Poll: Do You Want Clan Tech In This Game? (118 member(s) have cast votes)

Do You Want Clan Tech In This Game?

1. Yes, bring on the omni mechs with no hardpoint limits! (62 votes [52.54%])

Percentage of vote: 52.54%

2. No, IS mechs with hardpoint limits are more fun! (33 votes [27.97%])

Percentage of vote: 27.97%

3. I really don't care... (5 votes [4.24%])

Percentage of vote: 4.24%

4. Yes, I want stock variants only, non-customizable Clan mechs! (10 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

5. Yes, but seperate clan and IS games (8 votes [6.78%])

Percentage of vote: 6.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Pr8Dator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

Personally, I think Clan mechs are cool, they are all my favorites but in view of how fun and strategic the current hardpoint system is, I have to go against my personal like for clan mechs and say no to clan tech. How about you?

Edited by Pr8Dator, 21 December 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#2 FiveDigits

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

I too want to see the iconic clan mechs. I also don't want them to be neutered to IS level for the sake of balance.
We should avoid mix tech (clan + IS on the same mech) at all costs.
My solution for the introduction of the clans and their technology would be to separate the two completely. A player should decide if he wants to play clan or IS on a:
  • one time
  • per login
  • per drop
basis. I'm not sure what the best scale would be. But by separating the two tech pools completely matches could then be balanced by quantity and the canon quality differences could remain intact.

PS: I didn't vote in your poll because no option applies to my POV.

Edited by FiveDigits, 21 December 2012 - 07:23 AM.

#3 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

I think it supposed to be that Clan Omni-mechs can change their sections with different pods, which are mostly shared among the same weight class, each having unique setup of hardpoints and actuation limits. So, you can take off the Mad Cat missile racks and take RT/LT pods, that mounts Ballistics, paying the CBill depending on pod's capacity and type of hardpoints it would provide. While it will make boating easier with those Omnis, you will still gonna be limited by what and how much you can pack up, and heavier pod will get their limits on turning/aiming rates.

Edited by DivineEvil, 21 December 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#4 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Not include clan tech? ehhhh theyre not going to do that too many people want clan tech and will throw money down the well to get it. Since it is about the money we should probably try to think of a way to balance them before they and the sh*t hit the fan

View PostFiveDigits, on 21 December 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

I too want to see the iconic clan mechs. I also don't want them to be neutered to IS level for the sake of balance.
We should avoid mix tech (clan + IS on the same mech) at all costs.
My solution for the introduction of the clans and their technology would be to separate the two completely. A player should decide if he wants to play clan or IS on a:
  • one time
  • per login
  • per drop
basis. I'm not sure what the best scale would be. But by separating the two tech pools completely matches could then be balanced by quantity and the canon quality differences could remain intact.

PS: I didn't vote in your poll because no option applies to my POV.

then teams will have to choose all or nothing meaning clan tech= 3 people not playing that round and IS= you need to make sure you have 2 extras on standby lol

Like Five i didnt vote because none of the choices describes my feelings on the matter

Edited by Sarevos, 21 December 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#5 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

Clan tech is fine, mix tech is fine, and there is no reason to be worried about balance (anymore than there is already) because the devs know that releasing obviously unbalanced mechs will ruin their game. Mix tech is important actually because if we assume that clan tech will be better than IS tech but with drawbacks, mix tech keeps all mechs viable.

#6 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

I'm curious about how they are going to introduce clan tech. I think if you make it available with normal MC/Cbill transactions it could be disastrous. Maybe Cbills only? Or a 3rd currency that everyone starts at zero with and can only be earned by playing?

But, I do think Hardpoints are more fun anyway. :)

#7 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

View PostDivineEvil, on 21 December 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

I think it supposed to be that Clan Omni-mechs can change their sections with different pods, which are mostly shared among the same weight class, each having unique setup of hardpoints and actuation limits. So, you can take off the Mad Cat missile racks and take RT/LT pods, that mounts Ballistics, paying the CBill depending on pod's capacity and type of hardpoints it would provide. While it will make boating easier with those Omnis, you will still gonna be limited by what and how much you can pack up.

Sounds like a complex system... I just hope the Devs do something like this rather than take the shortcut MW4 did...

There was a ripoff of mechwarrior in Secondlife called MCM Combat Operations which I've played over the past few years which was immensely popular in Secondlife. They also started with the hardpoints system and then moved to an omni system. But what they did was open up the omni system to EVERY mech, clan or IS. So that breaks the canon. However, there wasn't all that crazy OP builds out there in the field even with lifting the hardpoints system because ultimately, the heat issue remains. You can put on all the sexy weapons you want on a light but its just going to overheat like a B*tch, not to mention that tonnage limitation exist as well of course. I played a Mad Cat then with like 8 or 10 medium pulse lasers, and I have to hit the coolant flush every few seconds, LOL!

Edited by Pr8Dator, 21 December 2012 - 07:30 AM.

#8 Allekai

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

clan mech's still have restrictions.. the omni mech part is the omni pod's they have which allow any type of weapon system.. not all hardpoints

#9 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

God yeah I want to see them but just make a clan/IS drop and separate it. It means if you want to drive your Kit Fox or Nova, you go with other "clanners." I dont see the problem with this. Just make mix drops for merc corps. (Unless they introduce battlevalue for matches.)

#10 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

View PostEyeOne, on 21 December 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

I'm curious about how they are going to introduce clan tech. I think if you make it available with normal MC/Cbill transactions it could be disastrous. Maybe Cbills only? Or a 3rd currency that everyone starts at zero with and can only be earned by playing?

But, I do think Hardpoints are more fun anyway. :)

No i dont think this'll happen clan tech is a cash cow and we all know it

View PostCerlin, on 21 December 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

God yeah I want to see them but just make a clan/IS drop and separate it. It means if you want to drive your Kit Fox or Nova, you go with other "clanners." I dont see the problem with this. Just make mix drops for merc corps. (Unless they introduce battlevalue for matches.)

Victor drove a Daishi and he is very much a "freebirth" lol

#11 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

No vote, none of the options fit my opinion.

I'd introduce Omni 'Mechs as non-customizable, but give out each respective variants for free when the prime-variant is purchased. And I say "no" to mix-tech.

#12 Kale Hessian

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

Not enough options in poll, and made under a very specific assumption.

I vote "Yes, I want stock variants only, non-customizable Clan mechs!".

Edit: Oh, just like Thorn, above.

Edited by Kale Hessian, 21 December 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#13 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

I'd prefer it to be per drop basis. That way everyone can make their stables full of IS and Clan goodies :)
Maybe the Community Warfare element however should be locked to either or as per your faction (IS houses, Clans, Merc corps).

#14 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

I dont think our votes matter, Clans are coming, no other reason to set the game in this time frame if not to leave it open ended to add them. Otherwise they could have set it in 3025 or a smidge later.

#15 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostSarevos, on 21 December 2012 - 07:31 AM, said:

No i dont think this'll happen clan tech is a cash cow and we all know it

Yeah, that's wishful thinking I know.

What if you had to pay 100k cbills to convert a hardpoint to another type?

#16 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostKale Hessian, on 21 December 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

Not enough options in poll, and made under a very specific assumption.

I vote "Yes, I want stock variants only, non-customizable Clan mechs!".

Edit: Oh, just like Thorn, above.

Ok, poll expanded, go click. :)

#17 FiveDigits

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 21 December 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

[...] I'd introduce Omni 'Mechs as non-customizable [...]

View PostKale Hessian, on 21 December 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

[...] "Yes, I want stock variants only, non-customizable Clan mechs!". [...]

You have got to be kidding. :)
The whole point of clan omi technology is customizablity. I can relate to the call for "3025 pure tech stock-only" ... but ... this? :o

#18 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

View PostEyeOne, on 21 December 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

That will turn MWO into P2W and thats what PGI has been avoiding so far... (although I dun see whats the problem with P2W, LOL! I would P2W! )

#19 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

View PostEyeOne, on 21 December 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

I think it will be a lot more than 100k... but I basically agree with you. I think clan omni mechs will be bought by variant, but that you could then spend some cbills/MC and switch out the weapon pods to ones of a different weapon type (thus building your own variant). This would end up cheaper than buying a whole new mech I'm sure, but I doubt it will be by much.

#20 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

Where is the option for "I want clan mechs/tech but with hard point limits similar to inner sphere mechs"? :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users