Operation: Clarification

505 replies to this topic

#421 Bjoern Mc Wolf

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationFederal Republik of Germany

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Hallo, also gehe ich richtig in der Annahme, das wir hier in Europa noch keinen Zugang zu MW-O haben?? Somit ist also kein
MW - Spielen möglich ?? Da bleibt ja nur zu hoffren, das sich das bald ändert -
Daten haben die Freunde in den Staaten ja eh genug schon von mir B)
dann also bis später ... vielleicht ...

#422 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostBjoern Mc Wolf, on 11 June 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

Hallo, also gehe ich richtig in der Annahme, das wir hier in Europa noch keinen Zugang zu MW-O haben?? Somit ist also kein
MW - Spielen möglich ?? Da bleibt ja nur zu hoffren, das sich das bald ändert -
Daten haben die Freunde in den Staaten ja eh genug schon von mir B)
dann also bis später ... vielleicht ...

1st) for the time being, only NA Servers have been announced

2nd) if you want to post in german language, please use the German Forum to do so *points at*
http://mwomercs.com/...eutsches-forum/

Edited by Omdra, 11 June 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#423 Davion5150

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostCrankey, on 11 June 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

Fabba "Blaster" fantastic !!!! "Pending" is better than "Please sign up for Beta here" :) refresh ;) Doh :D :D refresh :rolleyes: Doh :D

Being shall we say a 'senior' gamer who goes back as far as spectrum and amiga's I have a semi technical question.

Don't want to be nailed by the community for this question as I'm quoting another game as an example and probably just lacking the technical do dah's to already know the answer...........

If my family members can access any worldwide server from our Diablo3 accounts (We just can't communicate with opposite server friends lists) Why can't MWO do the same ? 1 account worldwide, on entry into the game you select the regional/country server list you wish to log into and then select local server and away you go ???

This would make all of the questions moot, that so many are posting about can I transfer my Founders or Elite packs etc from NA to European/Asian, Australasian servers etc etc.

Reaches for Ferro-Fibrous crash helmet and awaits the Catapults LRM's patiently :ph34r:

My 2 cents.
1. They would still need to get server infrastructure setup for each of those regions, even if they had one global account server elsewhere.
2. It may not be feasible for them to have a global account server and then each region has their own game servers. Depending on what data needs to be communicated from the account server and the game server and how much bandwidth that entails.

Remember. MWO devs are not Blizzard. And look at all the server issues Blizzard has had with Diablo 3.

Note: When I say server, it means a server farm.

#424 Spectre1

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

Yes it's about time this is spectre7 yes you on the battle field

#425 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostWarwulf, on 10 June 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

Thanks for the clarification, hope I can transfer my account once european servers are up ;)

I wouldn't hold my breathe on that. I have already given up on purchasing the Founders package since no one can tell if they can be transfered to Eu servers or of these servers will have their own Founders packages sold seperately.

#426 Psion Reav3R

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

I am in Australia and will be buying the elite founders pack for the na servers. If it isn't able to be transferred to a local server I will just get the founders pack for my region as well.

#427 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 22 May 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Hi everyone!

You've probably seen our big news today - Beta signups are official! But how, you ask?
First, log onto the forums; then click profile and it's right there! For greater clarity closed beta starts today! we will be inviting users as soon as tomorrow.
Secondly, how the Founders program beta/early access works: The program is purchasable on June 19th and you gain guaranteed access to the closed beta on July 17th.
Thirdly, the reason this announcement stated 'North America' is that it's for North American servers – As we have mentioned we are working very hard to launch MechWarrior Online in every region worldwide. We may also run a similar Operation for other regions, therefore we are required to recommend that for the best play experience you register and play in your region in the near future. However There is no IP blocking. You can signup from everywhere just keep in mind that if you are outside of North America we cannot guarantee your play experience.
Thanks for being the most awesome fanbase ever, and we hope this clears up your questions.
Sincerely,
The MechWarrior Online team.

"We may"

So we have to take a gamble, buy founders and get a poor experience or lose founders perks when if we wait until EU servers coming to also find no founders package offered.

I thank you for your time. But you've told players nothing but your lack of decisions on this. Why can't your team make an official decision to offer founders package for specific servers when and if regional servers come. Leaving the question, will regional servers come which obviously can't be answered easily, that i understand fully.

So far I've seen a great team behind this game and its exciting, I part with my money when I get excited, just as the strip joint along the road ;) However these are the communications that start showing someone is so concerned about profit they can't make a decision and promise the fan base, you talk about, that they will be treated fairly as the game rolls out and regional servers come (if they come).

#428 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostPsion Reav3R, on 12 June 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

I am in Australia and will be buying the elite founders pack for the na servers. If it isn't able to be transferred to a local server I will just get the founders pack for my region as well.

I considered this. But have you considered they considered that you considered this also? ;)

How much extra dollars will they earn with this approach and hundreds of players buying it twice. Would you really pay twice, for no extras and just as good as donate money too them. They are not a charity!

Your encouraging them to take such an approach instead of making a promise here and now that regional servers will be launched with a limited time founders offers.

Stand up for ethics man jeeze.

Edited by GHQCommander, 12 June 2012 - 05:30 AM.

#429 Psion Reav3R

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:05 AM

View PostGHQCommander, on 12 June 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

I considered this. But have you considered they considered that you considered this also? <_<

How much extra dollars will they earn with this approach and hundreds of players buying it twice. Would you really pay twice, for no extras and just as good as donate money too them. They are not a charity!

Your encouraging them to take such an approach instead of making a promise here and now that regional servers will be launched with a limited time founders offers.

Stand up for ethics man jeeze.

What I have considered is that the time I will be playing on na servers is when there are fewer na player, hence i am getting the na founders pack. Additionally Australia may not get it's own server any and I may have to play on na server anyway

I have been waiting for this game since the last MW4 game. I want in asap and don't want to miss out on a founders pack.

Also we Aussies have been conditioned to pay more for games than the rest of the known universe even when our dollar is at parity with the USD. :D

#430 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:21 AM

View PostGHQCommander, on 12 June 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

"We may"

So we have to take a gamble, buy founders and get a poor experience or lose founders perks when if we wait until EU servers coming to also find no founders package offered.

I thank you for your time. But you've told players nothing but your lack of decisions on this. Why can't your team make an official decision to offer founders package for specific servers when and if regional servers come. Leaving the question, will regional servers come which obviously can't be answered easily, that i understand fully.

So far I've seen a great team behind this game and its exciting, I part with my money when I get excited, just as the strip joint along the road :D However these are the communications that start showing someone is so concerned about profit they can't make a decision and promise the fan base, you talk about, that they will be treated fairly as the game rolls out and regional servers come (if they come).

That remembers me on promises which were made when STO went online. Cryptic made many promises they never intended to keep.
So since MWO makes a similar thing on information concenring EU servers I won't buy the Foudners package.

#431 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

well to be fair, pgi hasnt promised anything for people outside of NA

it even sais in the very post of this topic:

the reason this announcement stated 'North America' is that it's for North American servers – As we have mentioned we are working very hard to launch MechWarrior Online in every region worldwide. We may also run a similar Operation for other regions, therefore we are required to recommend that for the best play experience you register and play in your region in the near future. However There is no IP blocking. You can signup from everywhere just keep in mind that if you are outside of North America we cannot guarantee your play experience.

#432 Its Just Eeyore

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

jelle yet cause i am! but i will pray for my keys

#433 Ron Oravec

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEast Coast USA Butler, PA. 16001

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

one more week I cant wait I'm so excited about mechwarrior

#434 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

@Omdra

That they haven't promised anything or given us exact information is the Problem here.

Thats why we all are starting to get very anxious, because we really want to know what our "future" with MWO will be like.

#435 Akea

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

anyone know when you can buy this founder pack or if i missed it...

#436 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Take a look at this...

#437 GenWarhammer

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationCT. USA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

Cant wait.

#438 Gretchen

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

Thirdly, the reason this announcement stated 'North America' is that it's for North American servers – As we have mentioned we are working very hard to launch MechWarrior Online in every region worldwide. We may also run a similar Operation for other regions, therefore we are required to recommend that for the best play experience you register and play in your region in the near future. However There is no IP blocking. You can signup from everywhere just keep in mind that if you are outside of North America we cannot guarantee your play experience.

Ok ive been looking around for weeks now to see if there some hint of someone asking what the net codeing for high ping players, because that is the MOST important thing to me with pvp gaming. so is it like CS or SC2 lag which is playable or is it like WoW or WOT which is not competive ( As a side note: this will depend on weather or not I will be buying the founders Package.

#439 Rakabar

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

Good news - and good job on posting the info.

Cheers!

#440 Akea

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

well isnce im EU and from the info i gatherd ill be buying the operation clarification and not inception (North america), or am i confus again

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users