Operation: Clarification

505 replies to this topic

#441 Abagnatius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech's Cockpit aiming at you...

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

I have been thinking. EU guys (like my humble self) tend to worry about the migratability of the accounts to europe at a later time.

There are really only 2 possibilities:
1. Everybody starts on the NA server. After some time, more physical servers will be set up all over the world but there remains only 1 gameserver, like on EVE.
2. Everybody starts on the NA server. After some time, more physical servers will be set up and new regional game servers will also be set up. If that happens, then accounts from the NA server have to be migratable - anything else makes no sense at all.

#442 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostAkea, on 13 June 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

well isnce im EU and from the info i gatherd ill be buying the operation clarification and not inception (North america), or am i confus again

well, PGI will be selling an elite and a veteran founders package for the NA Servers starting June 19th. The whole info was compiled in the post called "Operation Inception";

the announcement / post called "Operation Clarification" (the one we are in atm ;) ) was made and opened to clarify that the packages that are being made available are currently only for the NA Servers - as such, Operation Clarification is not the post about any EU packages or anything that you can purchase (other than the elite and veteran package for NA) if that is what you meant

rgds
Om

#443 Akea

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

so basicly im a EU player and cant buy a founder pack without getting stuck on a american servers... awesome

#444 drmayhem

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

soooooo... are NZ/aussie people excluded for now????
i want to go in beta :) and pwn the devs.

PREPARE TO BE TERMINATED

#445 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

View Postdrmayhem, on 13 June 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

soooooo... are NZ/aussie people excluded for now????
i want to go in beta :o and pwn the devs.

PREPARE TO BE TERMINATED

well, when it comes down to playing the game itself: no!, cause there is no IP Blocking,
as for getting a founders package for a region other than NA: well, currently there is only NA :)

#446 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

And thats a reason why I won't buy the Founders apckage for US Servers. I do not want to get stuck there with lags and so on.
Had bad experience with STO concerning lags for EU players.

#447 VK4502B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

Russ said before the sell of the founders pack they will say if you can migrate your account etc.

#448 Silent Bob

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:36 AM

thanks for sharing. Cant wait to play that awesome game

#449 Bry4n

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

No luck for me until know.... Thanks for clarification at all

Edited by Bry4n, 14 June 2012 - 06:58 AM.

#450 OMGRemy80

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

I'll be buying an Elite founders pack for the NA servers and I'm in Australia, never had problems playing World of Tanks or Combat Arms on NA servers, so I don't see why it would be any different for MWO :( 5 Days until you can take my money :) Then a month until I can play, but it will be totally worth it :)

#451 Baron Zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 371 posts
  • LocationVenice (Italy)

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

Woot 23 pages of spam, fan crying and OT, nice forum moderation must to say, ok as european i will not buy that package until there will be a real clarification about account migration, this is the only thing i understood beside of the fact: no NA no party (no founder package), thx for last posters who made some little clarification (needed to read all 23 pages for to come at this point).

Edited by Clownsanity, 15 June 2012 - 03:27 AM.

#452 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

I will only purchase a founders pack if this thread goes to 25 pages, and only if those posts are all trolls asking the same darned questions already asked within this thread. Those questions must also be answered in the Original Post, to keep up the spirit of obliviousness.

Come on, people, keep asking away - especially here, as if the developer update didn't come out a couple days ago!

#453 Aldimensch

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

Mhh.. I hope they Start a Beta Server in EU... So I dont need Play alone! If I got a Beta Key... I say the magic word, BETA KEY.

#454 Ginrummy

• PipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

so where to I go to purchase the package..or is it for closed beta users only?

#455 DIEHARD25

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUkraine, Dnepropetrovsk

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:21 AM

Hi all

How can I to buy Elite Pacage?

#456 cipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationState College, PA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:22 AM

View PostGrey owens, on 19 June 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

so where to I go to purchase the package..or is it for closed beta users only?

View PostDIEHARD25, on 19 June 2012 - 03:21 AM, said:

Hi all

How can I to buy Elite Pacage?

The packages will be available to all. They won't go on sale until 10am PST (1pm EST).

Other than that we will have to watch the announcements to find links to ordering them.

#457 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

View Postcipher, on 19 June 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

The packages will be available to all. They won't go on sale until 10am PST (1pm EST).

Other than that we will have to watch the announcements to find links to ordering them.

18.00 GMT/ 19.00 germany and the like...

Edit: whoo? when did i get my level-up to Comm.Vet.?? :( (there really should be a "Level UP! Congratulations!" Popup :blink: )

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 19 June 2012 - 05:32 AM.

#458 T1tanium

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

will the founders packages be usable in the future on other servers (when available), too?
Do I understand it right, will a Founders package assure me a beta slot on July 17th?

best regards

Edited by T1tanium, 19 June 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#459 T1tanium

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

ok, just read the last 4 pages...
when the mwo staff works as hard as before I believe it will not take long for EU servers being up.

And if migrating wasn't a problem they already told us here (24 pages are defenitely enough),
so it will be not possible imo.

Edited by T1tanium, 19 June 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#460 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostT1tanium, on 19 June 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

will the founders packages be usable in the future on other servers (when available), too?
Do I understand it right, will a Founders package assure me a beta slot on July 17th?

best regards

to answer your 2nd question:
"beta slot on July 17th?" that is a clear NOPE, but only because the date has been pushed back to Aug 7th.

to answer your 1st question:
the founder packages are for the NA Servers, because there currently are only NA Servers.
Once new Servers outside NA (i.e. EU) become available, you will be given the option to move with your entire founder package perks to that new server; it was said that this decision can only be made once and and will work like a one way road, so that when you move from NA Servers to others, you will not be able to move back to NA Servers.

rgds
Om

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users