Isn News Flash

9 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Sat. Dec 22, 3049: Pro Lestrade family movement on Summer intent on removing current Duke Hayne from power.

#2 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

The merc in me says, "Those contracts'll clean up nice."

The rest of me says, "Why does Inner Sphere politics always seem like its in a constant state of disintegration?"

#3 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

View PostCritical Fumble, on 22 December 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

The rest of me says, "Why does Inner Sphere politics always seem like its in a constant state of disintegration?"

That would probably be because Inner Sphere politics have been pretty much a bouncy-castle filled with feral, rabid cats since before the fall of the Star League. Get drawn into politics and nothing good can happen. Just like getting tossed into a bouncy-castle filled with feral, rabid cats.

#4 Volt Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOutpost, Periphery (HPG down)

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Game of Thrones: BattleTech Edition.

#5 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

The merc in me says, "Those contracts'll clean up nice."

Now, when Honors of War returned, it's not so bad for people really. Accumulation of power easily leads to abuse of it. Authority of a state small and afraid of rivalry is more manageable for common folk I suppose - if people in question are not blinded by "patriotism" and eager to trade their allegiance for profit and concessions. Great powers can and tend to oppress people during peace as easily as they can in the name of war effort. If not easier with resourses not being diverted to external security and so more fully devoted to the internal. "Integration" can easily force us to end up in the IS-wide CapCon or Draconis Combine. Do you really want to be brainwashed and deprived of citizen status or have labour laws dictating 12-hours workday?

Perhaps it was wiser to call for strong hand and unity in times of early Succession Wars. But now when we got where we are I appreciate Lestrade's opposition to Steiner-Davion union and support of the Free Skye both as Merc and as IS resident.

Edited by Morang, 22 December 2012 - 01:01 PM.

#6 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 22 December 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

That would probably be because Inner Sphere politics have been pretty much a bouncy-castle filled with feral, rabid cats since before the fall of the Star League. Get drawn into politics and nothing good can happen. Just like getting tossed into a bouncy-castle filled with feral, rabid cats.

Well said...

#7 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Summer

I originally thought "that plot looked familiar", but when I checked my books, it was a different planet and family (same campaign plot, though).

#8 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 22 December 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

Quote of the day! I cannot get the image out of my head now. I want to see this on Youtube!

#9 Scythe

Rookie

• The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

... "Why does Inner Sphere politics always seem like its in a constant state of disintegration?"

Things fall apart. It's scientific.

#10 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

View PostScythe, on 22 December 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

Things fall apart. It's scientific.

Its also a fairly good read.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users