Battletech Mechwarriors by popular demand...

26 replies to this topic

#1 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, If I may. As requested by many...

Since this discussion is taking place in every forum, I am going to address the issue in the open to everyone and post it in each House Forum including the Mercs and FRR.

All former gaming venue House Leaders and Clan commands etc....From Genie,EGA,Solaris,MPBT3025,InnerSphereWars, Board games, MW2,3,4 Leagues,MechAssault and the list just goes on and on. Everyone wants to see something different with MWO.

I have known the MPBT Marik leadership for over a decade. I have know the MPBT Kuritan Leadership for over a decade. I have known the Steiner MPBT leadership for over a decade, I have known the MPBT Davion Leadership for over a decade. MPBT Clan Leadership, Mercs and lonewolfs.....

The same question from well over 15,000 MWO community members is....., will there be COC structure , Role Play, Strategic planing, etc etc....the fact is, we all do not know what the DEVS have planned for the mechanics of this game.

So patience and communication between MWO members from all facets of the Battletech/Mechwarrior Universe is going to be a must.

There are players in their 40's,50's,60's and maybe even 70's who have waited for this day to come for 2 decades, they are more into the structure of things.

There are youngsters who just want to pilot a mech, shoot things and blow stuff up.

These views and requirements are all part of what makes this BT/MW community unique from all others !!

What stands before the MWO community as a whole, is that at some point, everyone is going to want to belong to something "BIGGER" which is where the old school MPBT players and Battletech Lore players will come in handy. They will have had 6 plus months to plan and setup, strategize and organize.

Those who just want to send others to PPC hell.....let them have at it, without restriction.

I believe wholeheartedly, that PGI and the staff, from the top down have been prepped and instructed by Russ and Bryan that the expectations of this game, far surpass any other game released for 15 years.

I believe Russ and Bryan and the PGI Staff have immersed themselves in BT Lore, the ways of the MW2,3,4 Warrior pilot, and that they have spent time in those leagues, online with MPBT games, with the board game, I dont doubt they have miniatures on their shelfs as well.

They honestly know They have a big row to hoe, and it may not be all we want it to be from the git'go, but it will evolve into what we and PGI make it together.

So lets all celebrate.......the Day of Deliverance has arrived!!!

It will be here before you know it!

Soon it will be time to saddle up and the game is ON!!

I appreciate you all and with the utmost respect......bid you a good day !

>VDB<

#2 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:08 PM

Well said metro <S>

#3 metro

• 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

thanks andrew,

I appreciate that.

#4 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

Sad part for everyone is once the clans invade im going to defect from the IS and drive the Smoke Jaguars right to Terra :)

#5 Neozero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

well we freebirths have to have someone to unite against AndrewOsis. At least your honest about your desire to be destroyed by the inner shpere.

Edited by Neozero, 05 November 2011 - 02:14 PM.

#6 SgtCool

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:06 AM

Well said Neo :)

#7 Kenichero

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

I played the other MW games, but never really got involved in much of the community aspect, thats what I am hoping this game will bring to me. I've wanted a game like this for as long as I can remember, glad its finally coming together.

#8 Johnathan McKenna

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 88 posts
  • LocationKerensky Cluster

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

Good post.

#9 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...st-of-the-team/

#10 XMenSF

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

Metro said it right on the nuts. It is gonna take a lot of planning, and communication from every aspect of Battltech and their various games (online, board, etc...), but I am sure they will do what is right :)

#11 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

Good post. Been waiting for this for 20 years, and just want to pilot a mech again. If its as part of a house good if not thats good too.

#12 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

Good post Metro we will all be in a wait and see mode till the game launches then its Celebration time. :)

Posted Image

#13 GenWarhammer

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationCT. USA

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Lets hope they have the forethought to do it right

#14 Azantia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

We have already been over this conversation 100 times. Re-posting it changes nothing. (See AFFS CoC thread) Good luck with your CoC. You will continue to alienate the rest of the community with your "ive been here longer than you" attitude. Most of the core group here has played battletech games for 20 years or more. We have a new community to integrate and MOST of the units are doing a decent job at it. But the MPBT crowd is so dead set that they are the "oldest / most organized / best leaders" because they played ONE game, that they will continue to miss the point and continue to make the long time community players look bad to new players who are genuinely interested in the battletech universe.

While I agree that working together is in the best interest of the house, and eventually the inner sphere, The 1st Blackburn's Raiders will not be participating in any Chain of Command at this time. We do not agree with the MPBT community leaders based on several conversations.

We support all new players to the community, and the principles of fair play and teamwork. We want the greater community to thrive and hope that all the new players will come to see what we have come to love over the past 20 years.

While we will not be participating, we would like to wish everyone good luck and great fun with the release of Mechwarrior : Online.

Edited by Azantia, 14 June 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#15 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostAzantia, on 14 June 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

We have already been over this conversation 100 times. Re-posting it changes nothing. (See AFFS CoC thread) Good luck with your CoC. You will continue to alienate the rest of the community with your "ive been here longer than you" attitude. Most of the core group here has played battletech games for 20 years or more. We have a new community to integrate and MOST of the units are doing a decent job at it. But the MPBT crowd is so dead set that they are the "oldest / most organized / best leaders" because they played ONE game, that they will continue to miss the point and continue to make the long time community players look bad to new players who are genuinely interested in the battletech universe.

While I agree that working together is in the best interest of the house, and eventually the inner sphere, The 1st Blackburn's Raiders will not be participating in any Chain of Command at this time. We do not agree with the MPBT community leaders based on several conversations.

We support all new players to the community, and the principles of fair play and teamwork. We want the greater community to thrive and hope that all the new players will come to see what we have come to love over the past 20 years.

While we will not be participating, we would like to wish everyone good luck and great fun with the release of Mechwarrior : Online.

We will try to mitigate the damage of losing the ~20 active players that make up your local militia.

#16 Mason Storm

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Well spoke Metro and I agree let theyoungsters blast away with their PPCs. The other stuff is just as, if not more important to some of us.

#17 Codius Dakanius

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationTornado Alley

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

View PostSupremacist, on 14 June 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

We will try to mitigate the damage of losing the ~20 active players that make up your local militia.

Still bigger than your band of mindless thugs.

#18 Azantia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostSupremacist, on 14 June 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Considering this isnt eve, and you cant zerg other units, I would rather have 20 active players who are skilled and fight well as a unit rather than a horde of today's misguided and irreversibly self-entitled youth (See "Goonsquad" for more details).

I give you guys no more than 3 months before you run away licking your wounds due to a general lacking of any and all the skills required to be successful in a persistent battletech/mechwarrior universe / community.

There are some seriously good teams that are part of the MPBT universe, with good leaders. I would put money on the fact that you are not one of them.

Time will tell.

Personally I consider it a considerable loss and shame that the MPBT leaders are being blinded by their own ego and self-righteousness. Such a narrow minded approach to the community as a whole will only have a lasting negative impact. We will be patiently waiting for a more open minded approach, if it ever surfaces.

We have been around long enough to know that you dont need a large 3000+ man roster to be successful. Just a tight knit community of dedicated individuals who care about personal relationships, teamwork and fun.

p.s. : Nice title, did you come up with that yourself, or did one of your little buddies think that one up?

Edited by Azantia, 14 June 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#19 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostCodius Dakanius, on 14 June 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

Still bigger than your band of mindless thugs.

We have a thread with at least 60 goons players posting in it, your unit cant even post on your own forums more than once.

View PostAzantia, on 14 June 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Considering this isnt eve, and you cant zerg other units, I would rather have 20 active players who are skilled and fight well as a unit rather than a horde of today's misguided and irreversibly self-entitled youth (See "Goonsquad" for more details).

I give you guys no more than 3 months before you run away licking your wounds due to a general lacking of any and all the skills required to be successful in a persistent battletech/mechwarrior universe / community.

There are some seriously good teams that are part of the MPBT universe, with good leaders. I would put money on the fact that you are not one of them.

Time will tell.

Personally I consider it a considerable loss and shame that the MPBT leaders are being blinded by their own ego and self-righteousness. Such a narrow minded approach to the community as a whole will only have a lasting negative impact. We will be patiently waiting for a more open minded approach, if it ever surfaces.

We have been around long enough to know that you dont need a large 3000+ man roster to be successful. Just a tight knit community of dedicated individuals who care about personal relationships, teamwork and fun.

p.s. : Nice title, did you come up with that yourself, or did one of your little buddies think that one up?

Actually this has been previously addressed, our goon unit [NDP] in world of tanks is limited to 15 vs 15 clan wars and yet they rank as the best in two of the three clan categories. Our second goon unit [SGLE] is also ranked in the top 10 in two of the three clan categoriess. And together, we control about one thrid of the entire battlemap, Wot's version of the IS
Read it and weep http://worldoftanks.com/uc/clanwars/

I want you to understand, we're going to crush you, thats if your 4th rate excuse for a unit can even bring 12 people online at once, and without the AFFS CoC its going to be absolutely humiliating.
Once the game goes live, I have no doubt we will not see you anywhere on the forums in any capacity aside from whining.
I want you to remember that you brought all this on yourself, youre a nobody that started writing checks his unit couldnt cash.

Edited by Supremacist, 14 June 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#20 TheKumquat

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostSupremacist, on 14 June 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Words

INCOMING THREAD LOCK.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users