Slap Around Some Ecm Lights With This Jr7-D Build

29 replies to this topic

#21 Taijiya

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

I run the same thing with:

4x SL: Group 1 and Group 2 (One Chain/One Group Fire)
2x SRM4: Group 3
XL300

If you get good at leading with the SRM4s you can scare away ECM lights pretty fast as it is a nasty hit that strips armor fast. Also good for backstabbing assaults. Try to predict where your enemy is going to go based on the terrain. Building/mountain hugging is sometimes the only path one can travel - so take those shots premptively when you see the enemy moving as such.

You can win very easily 1-1 against an ECM light, but when outnumbered things are not so great (which is fair).

I can live without the JJs. Turning is a little slower, but I find I use them as a travel shortcut when I really shouldn't be doing it, leaving me flying in a straight line (an easy target).

#22 PiemasterXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 556 posts
  • LocationThe deep-south, cookin' Moonshine.

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostTaijiya, on 25 December 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

I run the same thing with:

4x SL: Group 1 and Group 2 (One Chain/One Group Fire)
2x SRM4: Group 3
XL300

If you get good at leading with the SRM4s you can scare away ECM lights pretty fast as it is a nasty hit that strips armor fast. Also good for backstabbing assaults. Try to predict where your enemy is going to go based on the terrain. Building/mountain hugging is sometimes the only path one can travel - so take those shots premptively when you see the enemy moving as such.

You can win very easily 1-1 against an ECM light, but when outnumbered things are not so great (which is fair).

I can live without the JJs. Turning is a little slower, but I find I use them as a travel shortcut when I really shouldn't be doing it, leaving me flying in a straight line (an easy target).

How do you fit that XL300 on there? no BAP? Less sinks?

#23 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostPiemasterXL, on 25 December 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

How do you fit that XL300 on there? no BAP? Less sinks?

Seems to fit quite nicely (no BaP): JR7-D
Almost max armor, and you could use only 2t ammo and more sinks, although 12dhs seem to be enough for me.

Edited by Blark, 25 December 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#24 Taijiya

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Yeah no BAP and off the top of my head probably 2-3 DHS.
Armor is not maxed, but you get a feel for what you need/don't need. I don't get legged often and head shots on a moving Jenner are pretty tough. I keep 3 tons of SRM ammo.

Edited by Taijiya, 26 December 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#25 PiemasterXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 556 posts
  • LocationThe deep-south, cookin' Moonshine.

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Looks sexy, I will save up for an XL 300!

#26 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

I find the XL300 a little too much to manage well in Jenners/Ravens. I use a 280XL instead which saved me some money since I had two from my Cataphracts anyway. Here's my take on the build:

Jenner JR7-D - 4 SL 2 SRM 4 AMS ES FF DHS XL280:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aa03654090e65a9

It is VERY heat efficient and maximizes its defense with AMS and nearly maxed out armor. AMS further helps by reducing LRM damage significantly and SSRM damage somewhat. When fighting other scouts you should try to jump over their heads to make them lose SSRM locks. Also you should take advantage of your stellar heat efficiency by keeping up the pressure on an enemy that is les heat efficient.

#27 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

I prob get a 300xl to share with my stalker.

#28 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

View PostRegrets, on 26 December 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

I prob get a 300xl to share with my stalker.

The Stalker has broad-side-of-barns for side torsos, blown off always before death.

#29 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

View PostStingz, on 27 December 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

The Stalker has broad-side-of-barns for side torsos, blown off always before death.

I don't have a stalker, but I also think equipping an xl is a very bad idea; those side-torsos seem to attract my ppc shots, unlike the cat's they are really easy to hit.

#30 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

View PostStingz, on 27 December 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

View PostBlark, on 27 December 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

I don't have a stalker, but I also think equipping an xl is a very bad idea; those side-torsos seem to attract my ppc shots, unlike the cat's they are really easy to hit.

Yeah, but there will be some builds where a 300xl is better than the alternatives. Not saying I'm pulling my std engines for all my Stalker builds, just for the ones where it fits in. :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users