These are always so painfully short :-(

#22 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Locationready to help with closed beta

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostGB_Krubarax, on 22 May 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

Having Friendly Fire in effect is very good, I agree 100%
But reading your comment about legging paul got me thinking.
How will you handle griefers how TK's on purpose?

Will there be a penalty for YOU as a player for damagin or even killing your own team mates?
Will repeted offenders get a more severe punishment?

Will griefers be kicked from the game?

(I am a regular Battlefield-3 player, and although I think it is good when there are admins around to kick griefers who TK and TK to get vehicles, I HATE those servers wich autokicks you after X-amount of Team Kills. Sometimes in 64-player matches it is just unavoidable. People just run in front of your gun when you put down suppressive fire with a MG or some cowboy tries to plant C4 on a tank at just the same moment you fire off an RPG at it. Those things can not be helped and an Autokick might not always be so good)

this.... how will they deal with it? I hope they will get perma ban but then I think of joys legging Paul.... :o

Edited by neodym, 22 May 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#23 jhempsrt4

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

I like the dynamic weather, that should make for some interesting matches!

#24 Slystone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostFrostPaw, on 22 May 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

So...premades steam rolling pugs then.

How lame would it be to not be able to play with your friends? Pugs don't always lose to premades...... Better off just getting in a premades... No worries then!

View PostGabbos, on 22 May 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

These are always so painfully short :-(

I agree, a couple more questions answered wouldn't hurt !

Edited by Slystone, 22 May 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#25 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Friendly Fire ON: good! as it should be.

Fod, rain, atmosphere ON: YES!!

All you nhua ffoff clear day wimps can suck an egg.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 23 May 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#26 Roh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD, US

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

Man.. Ive been getting random bouts of giddy excitement for a while concerning MW:O. Posts like this one only make it worse. And what with the possibility of closed beta invites? I am in severe danger of spontaneous fits of giggling. And trust me no one wants to see that.

#27 Gigaton

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationDieron District Gymnasium, learning to pilot 'Mechs until July

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostMorashtak, on 22 May 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

and btw, bad pre-mades will be rolled by well coordinated pugs.

What's a coordinated pug? Anyway, to me ability to match pre organized group (with voice comms) with one cobbled together on fly (with keyboard comms) sounds hilariously broken. Hopefully they mean that such pre-made group can only be matched against other similar sized pre-made group.

View PostSlystone, on 22 May 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

How lame would it be to not be able to play with your friends? Pugs don't always lose to premades...... Better off just getting in a premades... No worries then!

World of Tanks manages to have ability to play with your friends without braking the game. It limits the size of pre-made groups to 2-3 players in pug environment. Larger groups need to fight in special battle mode against other such opponents. I have my confidence that MWO will manage to do likewise, in particular note that Paul said you can only invite 1 friend with you on launch.

Myself, I'll probably never fight with large pre-mades or I won't do it much anyway. I prefer the freedom of pugging.

Edited by Gigaton, 22 May 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#28 Schoko

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

This is a great day and a great game! :o

#29 Jonas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHot Springs Ar.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

I like the fact you have FF in the game makes it more real.

#30 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 22 May 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

[GARTH] “There is friendly fire; though we have looked at options for non-friendly fire matches, we have no concrete plans to do so at this time. We have found that having FF on encourages more thoughtful and planned play, resulting in everyone having more fun.

[GARTH] “Yes, there will be dynamic weather such as rain, fog, etc. Fog will obscure vision and make for much more ‘oh crap!’ matches, where you suddenly find yourself walking into the enemy. It makes things a lot more tactical, and slows matches down. Also Lights love it :P

Sweet!!!!! I like the idea of chat and all, but really we kinda knew that was in or would be shortly after launch....the other two though......

Ok, I gotta shut up or the devs will think I am kissing their assets ;)

Edited by Nick Makiaveli, 22 May 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#31 Morashtak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostGigaton, on 22 May 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

... in particular note that Paul said you can only invite 1 friend with you on launch.

From: Discussing the First MWO Developer Tweetchat Topics;

You can group together with friends and then launch as a group to ensure you play alongside each other — Bryan

Note the plural - "friends".

Also here Paul says - "You can then join a match with everyone in that chat group no matter what its size is (up to 12 players)."

...up to 12 players. So it's sounding like that, if not at launch, sometime in the near future MercCorp/House/Clan groups will be able to drop as entire pre-made Companies.

#32 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostGB_Krubarax, on 22 May 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

Having Friendly Fire in effect is very good, I agree 100%
But reading your comment about legging paul got me thinking.
How will you handle griefers how TK's on purpose?

Will there be a penalty for YOU as a player for damagin or even killing your own team mates?
Will repeted offenders get a more severe punishment?

Will griefers be kicked from the game?

(I am a regular Battlefield-3 player, and although I think it is good when there are admins around to kick griefers who TK and TK to get vehicles, I HATE those servers wich autokicks you after X-amount of Team Kills. Sometimes in 64-player matches it is just unavoidable. People just run in front of your gun when you put down suppressive fire with a MG or some cowboy tries to plant C4 on a tank at just the same moment you fire off an RPG at it. Those things can not be helped and an Autokick might not always be so good)

Gotta agree with this... being a BF3 player, TKs are annoying when you're trying to do the right thing at the right moment and someone comes along and gets cut down by FF... then punishes the player for it further hurting their team...

Could there be a system implemented where when passing a teammate and the target box voids your ability to fire until you've passed the friendly player and reacquire your target?

#33 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

I love FF but what system is in place to punish team-killers/griefers? Will reporting a player be an option? If I block a player will I still be matched up on the same side as him?

#34 Gauge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 22 May 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

You can then join a match with everyone in that chat group no matter what its size is (up to 12 players).

Not sure where you got the idea that you can only invite one at launch... says right in the post you can do it with up to 12.

#35 Krubarax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 329 posts
  • LocationGBG, Sweden

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

There should be a solid built-in FORGIVE/PUNISH system for Team Killing.
If a player gets PUNISHED too many times in one game, he gets booted.

additionally, there could be a reputation system, so that your reputation sinks every time you get booted from a game because of too many unforgiven team kills.
It would mean a real griefer would soon find himself "dispossessed", to use a Battletech term.

Actually, I would be surprised if the devs have not thought of this already, now that I come to think of it :P

#36 Vulpesveritas

• 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

I still wonder how many Atlas' it takes to change a lightbulb.

Still loving the answers so far.

#37 Akrasjel Lanate

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

Cool

#38 Scimitar

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Victoria, Australia

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:32 AM

Really looking forward to the dynamic weather, sounds awesome. Also agree with friendly fire making the game just that tad more interesting :blink:

#39 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

I'm REALLY looking forward to the dynamic weather and utilizing scouts with indirect missile fire...

Jonsin' hardcore.

#40 Cifu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHungary, EU

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

What's a coordinated pug?

Well, we do not know what kind of ability's can be obtain with high Commander skills in game, so there is a opportunity to solve this kind of problem.

Anyway, to me ability to match pre organized group (with voice comms) with one cobbled together on fly (with keyboard comms) sounds hilariously broken. Hopefully they mean that such pre-made group can only be matched against other similar sized pre-made group.

In my understands the first times they not even balanced the sides, just put 12 player against 12 player, and let's fight.

World of Tanks manages to have ability to play with your friends without braking the game. It limits the size of pre-made groups to 2-3 players in pug environment. Larger groups need to fight in special battle mode against other such opponents. I have my confidence that MWO will manage to do likewise, in particular note that Paul said you can only invite 1 friend with you on launch.

Actually i hate the way how the WoT solve this thing. We are wanna play together with 5-7 people, and we simply can't. It's only can be build two or three platoons, which is embarassing, or try to join a company, where we always faced two problem:

-The company leader only want 3-4 new players besides their friends. So we need to separate, which is not a solution.
-Our mixed company faced against a much more organized, homogene team, which easily rip us apart.

So, the World of Tanks is an good example, how not to do it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users