Battletech Mechwarriors by popular demand...

20 replies to this topic

#1 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, If I may. As requested by many...

Since this discussion is taking place in every forum, I am going to address the issue in the open to everyone and post it in each House Forum including the Mercs and FRR.

All former gaming venue House Leaders and Clan commands etc....From Genie,EGA,Solaris,MPBT3025,InnerSphereWars, Board games, MW2,3,4 Leagues,MechAssault and the list just goes on and on. Everyone wants to see something different with MWO.

I have known the MPBT Marik leadership for over a decade. I have know the MPBT Kuritan Leadership for over a decade. I have known the Steiner MPBT leadership for over a decade, I have known the MPBT Davion Leadership for over a decade. MPBT Clan Leadership, Mercs and lonewolfs.....

The same question from well over 15,000 MWO community members is....., will there be COC structure , Role Play, Strategic planing, etc etc....the fact is, we all do not know what the DEVS have planned for the mechanics of this game.

So patience and communication between MWO members from all facets of the Battletech/Mechwarrior Universe is going to be a must.

There are players in their 40's,50's,60's and maybe even 70's who have waited for this day to come for 2 decades, they are more into the structure of things.

There are youngsters who just want to pilot a mech, shoot things and blow stuff up.

These views and requirements are all part of what makes this BT/MW community unique from all others !!

What stands before the MWO community as a whole, is that at some point, everyone is going to want to belong to something "BIGGER" which is where the old school MPBT players and Battletech Lore players will come in handy. They will have had 6 plus months to plan and setup, strategize and organize.

Those who just want to send others to PPC hell.....let them have at it, without restriction.

I believe wholeheartedly, that PGI and the staff, from the top down have been prepped and instructed by Russ and Bryan that the expectations of this game, far surpass any other game released for 15 years.

I believe Russ and Bryan and the PGI Staff have immersed themselves in BT Lore, the ways of the MW2,3,4 Warrior pilot, and that they have spent time in those leagues, online with MPBT games, with the board game, I dont doubt they have miniatures on their shelfs as well.

They honestly know They have a big row to hoe, and it may not be all we want it to be from the git'go, but it will evolve into what we and PGI make it together.

So lets all celebrate.......the Day of Deliverance has arrived!!!

It will be here before you know it!

Soon it will be time to saddle up and the game is ON!!

I appreciate you all and with the utmost respect......bid you a good day !

>VDB<

#2 TC DragonMaw

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 81 posts
  • LocationGulf Shores, Al & New Orleans, La

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

K-wa Metro-sama <B>

Thank you for your assessment of the talk of the future CoC for this new game MWO within the Houses and other units. I await to hear the plan of the developer and publisher in this matter. I feel only then will we know how little or how much of a CoC will be required, if it will be at all.

I too am just happy to have the opportunity to play the game I have loved so much through the years. Again I say to the developer and publisher...thank you, thank you, and thank you.

TC

#3 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

Amen TC, we are all here for a fresh start, and I told the DEVS the community is a great source of info and assistance, all they need to do is ask.

We all have great people.

I as you am just excited to witness this rebirth!

#4 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

So metro, has the Liao player community accepted you as the de facto House Lord in MWO? I'm only asking because it seems you've been doing a lot of pandering since the forums have been set up.

#5 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

That is normal Metro. I think he has OCD and must post ever 25 seconds :)

#6 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:28 AM

View PostHanaYuriko, on 04 November 2011 - 09:54 PM, said:

So metro, has the Liao player community accepted you as the de facto House Lord in MWO? I'm only asking because it seems you've been doing a lot of pandering since the forums have been set up.

lol...Hana I been pandering for 20 years then. I was this active when I was a lowly private in a raven....running around. I am just excited about the new game, and well waving the rally flag, is how I get my excercise! :)

and to answer your question....the MPBT players are who put me where I am, so.......we are just going with it right now, as we dont know where MWO Development will take us.

Edited by metro, 05 November 2011 - 03:29 AM.

#7 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

View Postmetro, on 05 November 2011 - 03:28 AM, said:

lol...Hana I been pandering for 20 years then. I was this active when I was a lowly private in a raven....running around. I am just excited about the new game, and well waving the rally flag, is how I get my excercise! :)

and to answer your question....the MPBT players are who put me where I am, so.......we are just going with it right now, as we dont know where MWO Development will take us.

Ha! I getcha. It is true that without the other players, few of us would be in the positions that are placed upon us. I saw some pretty nasty power plays when MWL people started flocking to MPBT. Now after a decade the groups have pretty much melded into one community.

I mentioned earlier in another thread somewhere on these forums that it'd only be natural that we as a gaming group would coalesce into organized factions. There's just too much history here not to!

#8 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:54 AM

I think you will see, that everyone will come together for the betterment of this endeavor.

there will always be a little push/pull but it will subside.

#9 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

View Postmetro, on 05 November 2011 - 03:28 AM, said:

No offense Metro, but while I certainly appreciate the MPBT community, I have worked in both communities MPBT and Mechwarrior Based for just as long as you have worked in the one, and the Mechwarrior based community has had just as vibrant and working community over the years as the MPBT one, and from what I have seen in all of the refoundings the MPBT community tends to try to overpower the other communities in exactly this way...it happend in 3025 and in ISWars. IMHO given that these 2 communities were founded by offshoots of the original MPBT groups, I respect that your community stepped up and maintained the CoC. However this Mech release looks to be based more around the Mechwarrior Genre along side the guys from Mektek who were developed out of our community. So while Im fully supportive of your group to have inclusion, I do not intend to let your community come in this time and walk all over ours. I hope you can respect this, and we can work together to form a better cohesion for all mechwarrior genres this time around, as opposed to your group advocating for strickly your old chains of command.

#10 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

Shall I get out the measuring stick?

#11 R3B0

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

The original post was said well enough. Frankly I didn't take it as anyone trying to be leader of anything. Its absurd to think that anyone is leader of any faction at this point. Let people rule the forums with an iron fist if they want, but mech battles wont be taking place here. Until the game comes out no one knows who will even end up playing it, much less be in any position within it to tell anyone else what to do.

#12 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

That's what you think Biff! *shoots you with a PPC and runs* hah, take that :)

#13 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

Fellas, its not about a measuring stick, im simply saying what paladin said in other posts, this is a new game, and a new time, the cream will rise to the top as it always does, House kurita will get together and those who wish to lead will lead, and those who dont wont. And we will kill things with honor, and for the glory of our faction...The old guard is the old gaurd and to be respected and revered, but this is a new day.

#14 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:51 AM

Rest assured I have no desire to lead anyone this time. It's just that a lot of you lunatics insist on following me around.

#15 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

No offense Hana but I dont recognize you, did you use a different name? Amongst House Kurita, the most recognizable names I know arre

MPBT/3025---------------------------Mechwarrior Leauges
Rich------------------------------------------Motown3058------------------------------------Coodinator
Tarl--------------------------------------Myself(aka Hawkcrst)--------------------------Gunji-No-Kanrei
RCO Paladin Brewer----------------Havoc(aka Sid Rood)-------------------------------Tai-Shu
RCO Myself(Hawkcrest)-------------------Avprox-------------------------------------------Tai-Shu
---------------------------------------------------Kaneda-------------------------------------------Tai-sho
-----------------------------------------------------Loki----------------------------------------------Tai-sho

Within the MPBT ranks Myself and Brewer would not be considered Tai-shu or Tai-sho, but from what I remember in 3025, I would say it was our two units that activley worked to engage the enemy on all fronts. Within the Mechwarrior Leagues it was the guys listed in the top spots that maintained House Kurita aka DCM in almost all leagues, there were a few exceptions to the rule as Mechwarrior came to the end of tis life cycle and we waited for the new game to eventually come out. As Brewer Im sure will let you know, I still have an active vibrant team that plays Eve-Online, with the release of this new game they will fill the ranks of House Kurita as my boys always have done.

Edited by Hawkcrest, 07 November 2011 - 09:02 AM.

#16 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

Hawkcrest......you made many valid points agreed.

The ole MPBT player for 20 years, which include myself, had no choice but to join in the mayhem that is and was Mechwarrior leagues.

Most of the people I knew, from MPBT banded together and joined the mechwarrior community leagues and ladders, so we didnt alienate ourselves, we joined in. We had no choice. THANKS AGAIN EA !

As a matter of fact about 50 of us from different houses and merc units, joined WAR ONLINE CAPCon,and played together for well over a year before Cogburn wore himself out, and pulled the plug.

So why you think anyone from MPBT thinks higher of themselves than they do you or other mechwarrior players, well I cannot answer that question for you.

EA can BITE ME, had 3025 survived or evolved , the BT/MW community would be a different animal all together today, but fate wouldnt see it through.

But in the end....its all about the canon and lore of Battletech for some, and blowing others up for the remaining meckjocks.

Those that want to chat about war, and those that want to just shoot. The list of differences are massive. But I wont dwell on them.

I too was just a , I wanna jump in a mech and go kill the fedrats & combine pilots and it was exactly my mindset when I joined up 20 years ago. The House Leaders educated me in more important things. =)

Now....the old schoolers that are left....are the only ones that have a chance at salvaging it.......If MWO goes the way of Mechwarrior 4 mercs ladder league engine contender.....well....

Then everyone has a decision to make, be it stay or retire.

MPBT was and could continue to be a way of life for those who love BT and MW. The Microshaft game was just that, another CD or DVD, thats where the MPBT people have it over the others.....

If you feel you are, or have been, or will be walked all over, there is nothing I can do about it, as I would not have been the one doing the walking in the past, which you base your grievances on.

And just so ya know, until my eyesight fails, I will be around for MWO mercs, for awhile, at least long enough to shoot you a few times. :)

And so your facts are in order, I am not the oldest of the MPBT players, but I was around for Genie,Solaris,3025 and ISW. :D unless my old school mathematics fail me....that = 4 not 1

So its not about who has the better role, or word, or toys or ideas....for the new MWO online game....its about whether or not BT/MW will be served again as a whole....instead of seperately. It boils down to this. In order for it to work. Everyone is going to have to determine to play with everyone,get along, and support this new endeavor. NO matter what your past complaints or experiences were.

>VDB<

Edited by metro, 07 November 2011 - 09:33 AM.

#17 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

I have no grivenaces as you put it, Im simply stating that when this releases, I have no intention of taking a back seat within the chain of command this time around like I did in ISW or 3025. This time you fellas are comming into our genre of gaming, and I for one feel that you should give us the same respect that was demanded of us when we entered your realm of influence. At a minimum I expect that if both former commands show with intentions of leading the house that we will find a way to combine the commands into a single cohesive unit. As it stands Brewer and I have begun the first step by getting together on teamspeak, and we will continue to pull together House Kurita onto this teamspeak server to develop communication of the house. At some point we will look to constitute a CoC based on who shows up, that being said, depending on the viability of this game I will have to make a decision as to wether I will continue to lead my group in Eve Online or I will look to take a leadership role in House Kurita moving forward if there is no objection from the house.

#18 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

View PostHawkcrest, on 07 November 2011 - 08:56 AM, said:

No offense Hana but I dont recognize you, did you use a different name?

That's because I'm not in the habit of incessantly posting to forums and flaunting myself. Nor did I jump around from house to house. Much less unit to unit. I was recruited into Kurita by Rajah and Tarl back in 1997. They set me in the rebuilt 8th Rasalhague Regulars - IIRC, Rajah's GEnie unit. From there I rose through the ranks and dealt primarily with the RMD until the SZMA had me deal with other COs in the BMD, PMD, GMD, and DMD. I had to assure unit commanders that I was NOT "stealing their recruits." That after training everyone would be returning to their respective places.
But, if you want a resume...

MPBT to EA 3025

Chu-sa Yuriko RCO 8thRR =HK=
Tai-sa Yuriko PCO Radstadt =HK=
Sho-sho Yuriko CO SZMA =HK=

After the politics ruined any active involvement by me in the CoC, I stuck to more supportive roles in MW3 and MW4 leagues. Mostly filling empty slots in lances. And still I ended up leading those lances. I kept a close cadre of friends and talk to a lot of the old guard on occasion.

Around 2004 with a ruptured appendix, I eased away from the gaming life and got on with real life. I moved from playing the game to contributing to it. I did some art and audio for MegaMek, and MM servers like Clan Home Worlds and Solaris7, worked on revival projects like IS3028 and BattleTech Sim. Was asked to participate in doing art for MWLL (though that didn't pan out since I use different software). I even submitted a few models to MekTek. Though I'm STILL not sure if the Elemental released with one of the MekPaks was mine or not.

It'd be really cool if I can start working on official products. I'd love to have some art published in one of the source books.

As for alternate names? Psychick, Lady Die, Yuriko, and Lizzy.

It doesn't matter to me if a lot of people recognize me or not. I was always a field commander. Not some Lyran Social General.

#19 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

Look guys, seriously, all this CoC conversation needs to slow down a little. I'm pretty sure if they had any plans of putting in any hard coded Chain of Command settings (outside of these "merc" units) they would have already mentioned it. What is more likely to happen, like in any current MMO, we will all have our individual groups. Most will do there own thing, some will actually work together. What we need to focus on is exactly that, learning to work together. That way whether they add CoC or not, we will be prepared either way.

We have multiple communities diverging onto this game, all with their own history, all with their own structure, all with their own ideas on what this game should be and how things should run. But this game is still young, it isn't out and there is barely any information out there. So let's all just settle down a bit. This game does not belong to MPBT playerss, and no it does not belong to Mechwarrior pilots just because it has "Mechwarrior" in the title. This game will belong to all of us, and as Kuritans we need to be ready to work together. If there is no hard coded CoC but there seems to be a need for an established command, those who want to lead and can will do so, those who don't.....won't. But anyone coming in this game saying "I was CO of this and that......" no one cares, seriously. Without a hard coded CoC, people who will follow who they want, because they show themselves to be good leaders, not because they say they are. Try to remember everyone on this forum is here for the same reason, to make planets to turn a pretty red color, and bring honor and glory to the Draconis Combine. Let's start there.

Edited by Paladin Brewer, 07 November 2011 - 01:12 PM.

#20 TC DragonMaw

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 81 posts
  • LocationGulf Shores, Al & New Orleans, La

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

Just gotta tell ya Brew one of the most well thought out posts I have ever seen ya make. I totally agree with ya. Staking claims at this point is fruitless, and a waste of energy until we know what the developer and publisher require, or if there even is a requirement for a CoC in this venue. Staking claims is fruitless anyway ya look at it.

Oh HC, I was the only House XO in ISWARS. Tarl Cabot was not in that game; he had retired before ISWARS.

No one who declares for House Kurita will be taking a back seat under any circumstances. We are all Bushido of House Kurita here.

Long Live the Dragon

TC

Edited by TC_DragonMaw, 07 November 2011 - 09:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users