Duel Mode

21 replies to this topic

Poll: Duel Mode (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see a duel/challenge mode in this game?

1. Yes, and Yes again (34 votes [89.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 89.47%

2. No, Nay, Never (4 votes [10.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

3. Only if it includes specific features which I will detail in a long post on this thread (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 KingNobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

This has probably been posted before, but we REALLY need the ability to challenge other players 1v1 (or even 8v8 as long as you can choose your opponent)

Edited by KingNobody, 23 December 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#2 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

i would also like a randomly matched dueling system too. sometimes i want to wind down and play but not have to depend on a team or have a team depending on me.

just 2 pilots testing their skills and mechs against each other.

#3 KingNobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Yes, randomly matched 1v1s would be cool, but I was referring specifically to directly challenging another player or team

#4 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostKingNobody, on 26 December 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

Yes, randomly matched 1v1s would be cool, but I was referring specifically to directly challenging another player or team

i was talking about in addition to the challenge system.

#5 Deadboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Additional match making should be available - See: League of Legends.

#6 FromHell2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 734 posts
  • LocationGerm0ney

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

Yes,yes and yes again.
Something I posted a while ago, topic died..

Selfquote ftw.

View PostFromHell2k, on 06 December 2012 - 07:50 AM, said:

Postetd in the hardcore-thread, but maybe this is something different.. Selfquote btw.

I would love to bet some cbills...
Hardcore (1vs1 arena) in 5 classes >
500'000 cb
1'000'000 cb
2'500'000 cb
5'000'000 cb
Mech (Light vs Light, Medium vs. Medium etc.)

Should be interessting for anyone who wants to play for the money and for the insane guys that wanna win a mech with the risk of losing it

To bet your mech you would require an empty mech-bay, thats something that everyone could effort. Maybe the devs mention to make the first mech-bay available for CB :P

Includeing the idea from chrispalasz

Arena maps should be seperate, smaller, like in a dome with a bunch of junk and varying terrain. Also - stats should be recorded so people who have a high win percentage are pitted against other veterans instead of noobs. Perhaps challenges can be opened, with the challenger choosing the opponent criteria - whether its restricted or unrestricted. That way, whoever accepts the challenge can know what they're getting. Also, there should be 3 rounds per match, or at least a round option.

Later, maybe there could be 2v2 and 3v3 arena matches.

So far..

FH12k

Edited by FromHell2k, 26 December 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#7 KingNobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

View Postblinkin, on 26 December 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

i was talking about in addition to the challenge system.

Come to think of it, it would be pretty awesome to drop into random 1v1 games, you'd never know if you've got a skilled veteran or a 1st day newbie dropping against you.

#8 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

This would really help when you want to play against your friends instead of 3..2..1..LAUNCH. You here? No? DAMN!

#9 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

I could go for this, although I feel it's always going to be secondary to the real focus of team base combat in mechwarrior.

Certainly, there could be a place for Solaris style duels though.

#10 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I voted yes but I know this won't happen for a really long time. Any duel mode will be under "Solaris" which is under "Community Warfare" which is like years from now. I suppose you can fantasize about it now if you are into that sort of stuff.

#11 neviu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Locationnetherlands

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

it will come eventualy.
it will take atleast another year of 2 i suppose.

#12 Capt Cole 117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationSeattle Aerospace Defense Command, Terra

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostKingNobody, on 23 December 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

This has probably been posted before, but we REALLY need the ability to challenge other players 1v1 (or even 8v8 as long as you can choose your opponent)

It could work as a custom game option or a solaris game type.

Edited by Capt Cole 117, 26 December 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#13 Ragor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

At some point in closed beta the devs stated that duels are an issue since every duel would occupy one server per match, running costs too high.

Ok, why not simply make a map with 3 arenas and spawning? Classic game servers?
Per arena only two players can spawn, the other players are spectators using preset camear positions to swicth through to follow the individual battles.

Since there would only be 6 active players at a time the server population could be increased to 64 slots. (spectators don't need server power)

Every watching player is listed on the server and every spectator could challenge other spectators. (... or decline challenges)

What about a betting system on the ongoing fights? (it wouldn't touch the gambling laws since there is no real money payout)

What about Duncan Fisher (George Ledoux)? (check MWLL SA videos to see how great this can be)

What about a real solaris arena?

#14 Dummschau

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

This would definitely be a nice addition. Currently there are occational duels happening in 8 vs 8 games, but it has two problems:

1) It can ruin match for the rest, if the duelers are on same team
2) Often other players intervene, shooting LRMs at duelers

Please give us 1 vs 1 mode, with some way to challenge specific person as well. Maybe add in a group of 2 and then start "duel mode". This would give us chance to practice dueling skills without ruining everyone else's game.

#15 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

I'd like to see that option but with a possibility to choose opponents(I'd wish to fight against a friend rather that a random PUG) as well as set some kind of "training mode" for it.During training your kills/deaths and win/loss shouldn'y count into total score,you also should get no cbills/xp.

#16 Sh4nk0h0l1c

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

Voted yes! I like your idea.

Here is a poll quite similar to this, I'd like you guys to vote or comment here too...

http://mwomercs.com/...m/#entry1668480

thanks in advance =)

#17 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostMasterBLB, on 30 December 2012 - 03:06 AM, said:

I'd like to see that option but with a possibility to choose opponents(I'd wish to fight against a friend rather that a random PUG) as well as set some kind of "training mode" for it.During training your kills/deaths and win/loss shouldn'y count into total score,you also should get no cbills/xp.

i am pretty sure the initial idea was for challenging other specific players, but i like the training mode.

#18 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

View Postblinkin, on 30 December 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

i am pretty sure the initial idea was for challenging other specific players, but i like the training mode.

Yes,I talked with my friends many times and we'd like to have an opportunity to train each other ex how to hit cockpit in a particular mech chassis during fights.
So that's why I mentioned that aside the original idea.

#19 KingNobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

This dueling mode will be particularly important with the impending arrival of the Clan invasion. How will the clanners conduct their Trials without the ability to duel?

#20 TJ Saint

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

this is a phenomenal idea, if for nothing then to challenge skilless whiners who can't pilot their mechs, or who think that a fit or ECM is the be all, end all. I especially like the Solaris Arena idea, though all I have to go on is the MW4:M versions.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users