74 replies to this topic

#21 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

Steiner. One of, if not THE, biggest economical power houses in the Inner Sphere.

come on...you know you want to.

Join us and we can give the rest of the Inner Sphere an iron fisting. :P

#22 Fenexs

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostEvinthal, on 22 May 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Steiner. One of, if not THE, biggest economical power houses in the Inner Sphere.

There wasn't a word in that post that I didn't like, well maybe the fisting part. But other then that YES!

#23 Samuel Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 107 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

Steiner isn't simply capitalist. It's pre-war-German-cartel-allowing capitalist, kinda like U.S. capitalism prior to the anti-trusts! Because let's face it, House Steiner is the Weimar Republic!

Davion is... well, British/American imperialism reborn. War against others in the name of freedom yet enslave others and get his hands dirty by starting Cuban Revolutions in the Free Worlds Republic.

You won't find capitalism in any sense of the word in Liao. Maybe possibly Kurita, but you duty as a soldier is more important than your happiness, so why bother?

That leaves you with the Free Worlds League and the Free Rasalhague Republic. According to Sarna, the FWL's system of governance (and as a result, economics) is determined by the planetary governments. That means that a planetary government with a dictator or a king is possible (one would argue that House Marik is a monarchy or a hereditary dictatorship). That cannot happen in the FRR. So while liberty does not equal capitalism, it trends that way in contemporary era. In a dystopian future, anything potentially can happen. However, my best bet would be to assume that the FRR is capitalist.

We can also assume that capitalism prevailed over communism in with the fall of the USSR in the BatteTech universe, too. The biggest exception again is the Capellan Confederation.

Edited by Samuel Maxwell, 22 May 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#24 rhilir

• PipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 40 posts
  • Locationmilwaukee

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

come on you want to fight for steiner. They are the right side. Besides that will be the fun area when the clans come.

#25 Samuel Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 107 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

I'm pretty sure you're describing the Rasalhague.

#26 Karyudo ds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostFenexs, on 22 May 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

There wasn't a word in that post that I didn't like, well maybe the fisting part. But other then that YES!

Really? That's it? You should reread that.

View PostEvinthal, on 22 May 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

We also steal your cookies and kick puppies.

;)

Of course I think you have the Merc/Lone Wolf route too if you're feeling like sampling the universe.

#27 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

FRR, DC, and LC get the most action, although if you want to fight against a specific Clan, you may want to gravitate towards the one or the other in order to have more battles against that Clan.

I'm not going to try and recruit for the FRR, because I trust the right people to not need incentives to join.

#28 Arikiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

Steiner is just awesome of course.
Rasalhague is alright by me.
Davion is... tolerable.
Marik is just a mess.
Liao is inconsequential.

It doesn't really matter what faction you pick. Can't we all just get along..... in our mutual hatred and disgust for Kurita?
Stinkin' Draks!

Edited by Arikiel, 22 May 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#29 CobraFive

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Rasalhague is space vikings so... I mean... you know.

I guess you could pick someone else if you really want to though.

#30 Quentin Yatoki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 182 posts
  • LocationThe region of Mountain Pears in the land of the Rising Sun.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

Kurita of course. Theodore Kurita's New Bushido all the way.

#31 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

When you finally get into the game look at Sarna web site and research each faction you can to choose from.

You will be able to pick a pilot from one of the five Great Houses: Or, you can say you are a Mercenary.

Mot sure if you will be able to say your from the Periphery? The Clans have not invaded yet so you cannot pick them them.

#32 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostEthicus, on 22 May 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

I think you should side with someone with an epic looking logo for their faction.

Hmm.... a very good and wise point.
In that case, You should join me!
Posted Image
http://mwomercs.com/...lf-zeta-galaxy/

Edited by Alaric Wolf Kerensky, 22 May 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#33 Sturmbb

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 52 posts
  • LocationKissimmee , fl

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostSporkosophy, on 22 May 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

One word, Steiner.

Ill have to join in this too.

#34 Mechwarrior Fyyar

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMidland, Texas

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

I have always wondered this myself, playing MW3 and MW4 without any real since of what was going on. I read sarna.net all over just to find what each house was about. Every house has its own style and ideal. I've only read a few novels but they never really helped. I know that Davion is the (I would say generic) "good guys" overall. But whatever....what it came down to me is insignias. Love some, hate some...

And I love that fist!

But Davion gets all the cool unit insignias... :P

#35 Chase Matthews

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

I care not for the Houses and their ideals, I'll fight for whatever it is I believe is right.

#36 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostHyzoran, on 22 May 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

House Kurita, they follow the code of Bushido. They are the Modern Samurai, join us and prove that you are honourable.

because the greatest massacre in the history of forever was so honourable.

#37 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

My two favorite factions is House Kurita and Clan Ghost Bears.

I believe that if you belong to a faction that produces a certain Mechs you will have discounts to buy that house Mechs. Were Mechs from other factions will cost your more. They did not mention what happens if your a Merc. I am guessing you will not get a discount or be over charged.

Can anyone verify this?

#38 Arikiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

View PostFyyar Pryde, on 22 May 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

I know that Davion is the (I would say generic) "good guys" overall.

Ya that whole "good guy" thing is pretty insufferable after awhile.

#39 Samuel Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 107 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

View Postcobrafive, on 22 May 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

Rasalhague is space vikings so... I mean... you know.

Not everyone in the Rasalhague are space vikings. Many that voted for the Rasalhague chose so because of its unique political situation.

#40 Fenexs

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostSamuel Maxwell, on 22 May 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

Steiner isn't simply capitalist. It's pre-war-German-cartel-allowing capitalist, kinda like U.S. capitalism prior to the anti-trusts! Because let's face it, House Steiner is the Weimar Republic!

Davion is... well, British/American imperialism reborn. War against others in the name of freedom yet enslave others and get his hands dirty by starting Cuban Revolutions in the Free Worlds Republic.

You won't find capitalism in any sense of the word in Liao. Maybe possibly Kurita, but you duty as a soldier is more important than your happiness, so why bother?

That leaves you with the Free Worlds League and the Free Rasalhague Republic. According to Sarna, the FWL's system of governance (and as a result, economics) is determined by the planetary governments. That means that a planetary government with a dictator or a king is possible (one would argue that House Marik is a monarchy or a hereditary dictatorship). That cannot happen in the FRR. So while liberty does not equal capitalism, it trends that way in contemporary era. In a dystopian future, anything potentially can happen. However, my best bet would be to assume that the FRR is capitalist.

We can also assume that capitalism prevailed over communism in with the fall of the USSR in the BatteTech universe, too. The biggest exception again is the Capellan Confederation.

OK I worded what I was saying wrong, capitalism wasn't the word I think I meant to use. Im trying to say, kinda hard to explain, like the whole honor system, with the you dishonored your clan and the you need to die in courage stuff. Im want the opposite of that, like comparing how the U.S army views war vs how like ancient Japan viewed war. Im looking for the hole do whats rational to win and kick *** and not do it because we need to bring glory to our nation.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users