Isn News Flash

23 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Tues. Dec 25th 3049: Battles cease for the morning as the entire Inner Sphere celebrates the winter holidays - happy holidays everyone!

#2 DogmeatX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

I put on my robe and wizard hat!

#3 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Notice the DAY the entire inner sphere picks. It's 3000+ years, and Jesus still gets people to chill out for some peace and thanksgiving. That's quite a legacy! Here's to Jesus! Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm now going to run to the mechbays to see if my factory new Phoenix Hawk has been delivered... :(

#4 Killer Koala 72

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

Santa better have dropped off that Zeus I've been asking for, or a Victor...If not im hunting the redcoated jackass down in me Atlas!!!

#5 Volt Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOutpost, Periphery (HPG down)

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

We can manage a galaxy wide cease fire. Santa, I applaud you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to check the bays for a Timber Wolf DD.

#6 Nikoliy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

LOL... if the other side decides to stop the battle they will just make easier targets....

#7 FrostCollar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostNikoliy, on 25 December 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

LOL... if the other side decides to stop the battle they will just make easier targets....

A lump of coal for you, scrooge.

#8 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

"Happy Holidays"?!?!?

THEM'S FIGHTING WORDS!! *Cancels the cease fire* ATTACK!!!!

#9 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Two Davion mechwarriors of not inconsiderate skill came to the edge of our Dropship today unarmed and dressed in bizarre costumes...red and green in color, and bearing presents and candies.

We placed them in confines and waited for the Davion commander to communicate with us.

It did not take long, he asked us to release his people in "The spirit of the holiday." To which I responded. "I am not a Christian, and you are my enemy." He shut off coms wwhile cursing me.

We prepared for the inevitable strike and it did not take long. Within about an hour, the sound of Mech's could be heard throughout the valley.

As their now reduced company walked past a stream, we hit them from both sides using LRM and PPC s to take out their Commander's mech, a Stalker, first then a number of others. They retreated form the Valley leaving 3 mechs destroyed, their commander dead, and their two mechwarriors who had appeared at outr doorstep, I had recognized them as the most proficient scouts of their force... in our posession. We captured their base and forced them back to the Alpine area beyond, which I think we will be moving into shortly. Soon I think these davion fools will be forced off this planey.

Truly a marvelous present. I am grateful.

I think Miyamoto Musashi would describe it as.
"To become the enemy, see yourself as the enemy of the enemy"

By not following the enemies expectation that I would treat their peaceful motions similarly on Christmas, I angered their commander. He attacked without scouts, and with no knowledge of how we were placed. He lost his respect for us, and he died for his mistake.

The two scouts are being sent to Planetary Comand where they will be interrogated and then...who knows. Perhaps we will trade them back some day.

I do miss New Samarkand and my small cottage there. Perhaps one day I will return to my wife and daughter...she must be 5 now, the last I saw her she was a baby. I fear she would not know me.from any other man.

Merry Christmas

however, as the Kensai would also say
Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help"

Edited by verybad, 25 December 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#10 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

... Enjoy your reunion with your 5-year-old wife.

#11 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Sometimes, you can learn more about a guy by what he makes up than by what he seriously says. =)

#12 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Umm:

Perhaps one day I will return to my wife and daughter...she must be 5 nowUmm,

I'll asume you merely misread what I posted. Your insinuation is disgusting.

Edited by verybad, 25 December 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#13 Pan Damonium

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Locationdrifting out of fuel in the vacuum while enjoying a nap

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

I decided I wouldn't be selfish by asking for an Axman, this year I would be perfectly happy with a Hatchetman under that tree! (huge tree)

*crossing fingers

#14 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

View Postverybad, on 25 December 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Umm:

I'll asume you merely misread what I posted. Your insinuation is disgusting.

it kinda depends on how you read it, if you said get home to my wife and our daughter, it would be better. Usually it works but if someone reads it wrong then its going to get made fun of. At this point i dont even have any idea what im talking about....

#15 Alymbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 600 posts
  • LocationSpace Australia

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Meanwhile, in the periphery, sinister forces set their eyes on Terra....

#16 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

Seriously winter holidays?! Only reason we have holidays in winter is for Christmas (although I think some good pagan Halloween holidays are also in order) which is why they are called Christmas holidays. So Merry Christmas everyone! Let the holiday seasoners go back to work early.

#17 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

#18 Suicidal Idiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

View PostPeiper, on 25 December 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

Notice the DAY the entire inner sphere picks. It's 3000+ years, and Jesus still gets people to chill out for some peace and thanksgiving. That's quite a legacy! Here's to Jesus! Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm now going to run to the mechbays to see if my factory new Phoenix Hawk has been delivered... :P

Ah, everybody celebrates the winter solstice. The Catholic church grafted Jesus onto it to boost his popularity, but the Yule feast and party had been around for a LONG time before.

The celebration is about a new year being born, because in the good old days, you were never really sure if a new year actually was coming. There were some years it didn't.

wikipedia: Extreme_weather_events_of_535-536

wikipedia: 1816 The year without a summer

Both of them caused crop failures and starvation. No surprise that the memory of those horrible times lives on and parties are regularly thrown to celebrate lack of extinction. Remember, in 535 these people had no freaking clue why summer didn't come.

I'm pretty sure that it was the inspiration for Ragnorak and also for the end of Camelot. Hell, it might really have been the end of Camelot, for all we know.

#19 Volt Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOutpost, Periphery (HPG down)

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

That was... kind of a downer to learn that.

#20 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 25 December 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

Tues. Dec 25th 3049: Battles cease for the morning as the entire Inner Sphere celebrates the winter holidays - happy holidays everyone!

I doubt it will be winter in all Inner Sphere*, but OK.
Happy hollydays.

*it isn't even in half of our planet. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users