Cataphract CTF-IM Ilya Muromets Build And Gameplay Video

27 replies to this topic

#21 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

If your not running 3 UAC5's, your leaving potential on the table.

I run one with a 280XL, 3 ML, 3 UAC5's and 200 rounds. In 95% - 99% of the matches I've played in my Ilya, I have not run out of ammo.. so I squeezed in a BAP for random spotting bonus, and better battlefield awareness.

When all three cannons go into overdrive fire, you simply wreck stuff. Nuff said.

But I like the general idea of your build. An elite'd Ilya with 3 Modules and all the bonus' is a scary battlefield asset.

My Ilya is my favorite mech.. It's my battlefield Flak Kannon....

Edited by Flak Kannon, 24 April 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#22 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostTruePoindexter, on 03 January 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

* Not every Ilya has to be 3x UAC5's.

Posted Image

Edited by Skadi, 24 April 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#23 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostFlak Kannon, on 24 April 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

If your not running 3 UAC5's, your leaving potential on the table.

I run one with a 280XL, 3 ML, 3 UAC5's and 200 rounds. In 95% - 99% of the matches I've played in my Ilya, I have not run out of ammo.. so I squeezed in a BAP for random spotting bonus, and better battlefield awareness.

When all three cannons go into overdrive fire, you simply wreck stuff. Nuff said.

But I like the general idea of your build. An elite'd Ilya with 3 Modules and all the bonus' is a scary battlefield asset.

My Ilya is my favorite mech.. It's my battlefield Flak Kannon....

Hi Flak! Thank you for your feedback!

I want to caution you to avoid absolutes - the game changes often and there are no absolutes.. Thinking in absolutes leaves you vulnerable to those that experiment and try things. When it comes to game meta there are those that only think in the current meta and there are those trying to define a new one. You want to be part of the 2nd camp not the first. Many ideas don't work but you learn something by experimenting.

Now some context - when I developed this build UAC5s were bugged and permanently jamming. I swapped over to a larger engine with standard AC5's and it worked well for me to the point that when UAC5s were fixed I didn't switch back because I enjoyed it so much. It's still a viable build today that favors mobility, heat efficiency, and longevity over raw firepower and DPS. It's not for everyone but for those that do it's here for them to try out.

View PostSkadi, on 24 April 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

Has anyone ever actually fielded one of those?

#24 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostTruePoindexter, on 24 April 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

Hi Flak! Thank you for your feedback!

I want to caution you to avoid absolutes - the game changes often and there are no absolutes.. Thinking in absolutes leaves you vulnerable to those that experiment and try things. When it comes to game meta there are those that only think in the current meta and there are those trying to define a new one. You want to be part of the 2nd camp not the first. Many ideas don't work but you learn something by experimenting.

Now some context - when I developed this build UAC5s were bugged and permanently jamming. I swapped over to a larger engine with standard AC5's and it worked well for me to the point that when UAC5s were fixed I didn't switch back because I enjoyed it so much. It's still a viable build today that favors mobility, heat efficiency, and longevity over raw firepower and DPS. It's not for everyone but for those that do it's here for them to try out.

Has anyone ever actually fielded one of those?

Yes it dies... fast

#25 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostSkadi, on 24 April 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

Yes it dies... fast

Probably to be expected :(

#26 Egoist

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

I ran the triple uac5 build for a while, tried double gauss with mlas and enjoyed it. I recently gone to dual uac5/dual lplas and i'vd found it very effective. I definately feel that the larger engine in my current build makes up for the lack of the extra uac just because i can position better to avoid damage and get the angle i need for pinpointing damaged components.

The lplas are just so good at chopping light mechs off at the knee now i found it hard when i tried to get ride of them.

#27 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

2 x Gauss + 3 x Med Laser
45 points of pinpoint damage without the ammo problems of 3 x Gauss.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 02 May 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#28 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

View PostEgoist, on 29 April 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

I ran the triple uac5 build for a while, tried double gauss with mlas and enjoyed it. I recently gone to dual uac5/dual lplas and i'vd found it very effective. I definately feel that the larger engine in my current build makes up for the lack of the extra uac just because i can position better to avoid damage and get the angle i need for pinpointing damaged components.

The lplas are just so good at chopping light mechs off at the knee now i found it hard when i tried to get ride of them.

A lot of people enjoy the 3x UAC5 but what you're suggesting sounds interesting. Have you tried swapping the LPL for PPCs for more of a ranged punch? My gut is telling me there are possibilities here.

View PostLeeroy Mechkins, on 02 May 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

2 x Gauss + 3 x Med Laser
45 points of pinpoint damage without the ammo problems of 3 x Gauss.

Haha yeah that's a popular one. I don't think anyone actually runs the 3x Gauss build - not anyone sane anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users