Interrims Group Challenge System

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to have some way to organize drops until the Community warfare starts? (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to have a group "challenge" system?

1. Nah, pugging is the one and only, remove groups from the game entirely! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Yes, if implemented that simple I want that until Community warfare (52 votes [92.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.86%

3. Oranized drops? What for? I dont like to choose my oponent and I dont want anyone else being able to do so! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Automated matchmaking is the way to go. It's enough that you can drop with your group. No need to choose an opponent group to drop against! (4 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 grayson marik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Good evening folks,

I'd like to suggest something, that would enable the organized groups to avoid PUG's as well as playing 4v4 and 8v8 in an organized manner.
It would even allow stock only matches, no ECM matches, LRM only matches and all kind of weird drop layouts you cann possibly think of with 4v4 or 8v8.

And best of: It would not need any sync dropping anymore, would not need a heck of man hours on the development side and would also provide us with a LOT of fun drops while PGI hammers out the later "final" system while collecting nice data from those drops.

So how to work this magic you ask?

Here it comes:

In the social mode, you have tabs for friends, groups, invites and blocked users.

Here we add one more user list called Leaders.

This list is visible to anyone who is the leader of a 4 or 8 man group ( has the group lead in MWO ).

The group leaders of 4 man groups see all other 4 men leaders and the 8 see the other 8's.

Now, you can "invite" an other leader as you would do with a friend or group invite lets call it "invite to drop"

If the other leader accepts, the launchbutton for both group leaders will be disabled and as soon as all pilotes in both groups are ready, the 2 groups get matched against each other.

Both group leaders also have the opportunity to "cancel" an invite to drop.
The launchbutton is activated for both leaders again.

Because of the group leaders ability to negotiate drops through TS all kind of trainings, tournaments and stuff will be possible.

This would give a really big buff to the social aspect of the community without denying anyone of their fun by inventing new restrictions ( like the 4 players max. in mm phase 1 for example)

It would take nothing away, only provide new fun with small effort to make by PGI.

Lastly something about the "Oh god, they will farm money and XP and abuse it and waaahhhh the sky will fall down on us!!!"

The time needed to have 4 or 8 ppl online, logged in with TS AND MWO, mech rdy and pilot rdy and this on the opposite side as well... should make any farming pointless.
And, at least from my pov is the lesser evil than the need to sync drops just to have some fun outside the PUG queue.

Edited by grayson marik, 28 December 2012 - 08:14 AM.

#2 Sh4nk0h0l1c

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

YES, I want that ! =)

#3 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Bump

#4 Dodgerson

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Sign

#5 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

bump

#6 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

and an other bump :-D

#7 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

bmp

#8 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

Funny, I never made a suggestion that went so undisputed....guess you people are still fed up from xmas dinner are you? :-)

#9 Nostress

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationDonetsk

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

sign

#10 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

After some days it appears that multiple ppl told me, that I should have named this something like :

" A way to resurrect 8v8" or " How to fix broken matchmaking until warfare " or something similar bold and ahm... yellow press like.

To those I am very sorry that I've chosen such an unspectacular headline. But my intend is not to fix the MM or to rant about something... but to add a tiny feature which would have a big impact on the immersion and would improve things for pugs AND groups a lot until the final system kicks in.

I don't think its my fault that only rants and irrational demands like " I want me Atlas now with 20 ballistic hardpoints or i quit!" threads get attention by troll feeders ^^

Edited by grayson marik, 04 January 2013 - 03:26 AM.

#11 Joe Luck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

I like this idea... whether they'll actually implement this is another thing. People will be screaming against those that just drop against their friends and something like this could possibly steal community control away from PGI. Someone would make their own IS wars which I'm way ok with BTW.

#12 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Is there a Taco option? I like tacos.

I'd be all for this, so long as it couldn't be gamed. Any kind of custom match - where you can choose your opponents - cannot provide any C-Bill or XP so as not to become a way to farm such. Hell, it shouldn't even affect your W/L and K/D stats as folks would use it to inflate their stats (even though nobody can see them, you just know I'm right :))

And no, the time it takes to set up or whatever would still not discourage farming. It wouldn't.

#13 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 04 January 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

I'd be all for this, so long as it couldn't be gamed. Any kind of custom match - where you can choose your opponents - cannot provide any C-Bill or XP so as not to become a way to farm such. Hell, it shouldn't even affect your W/L and K/D stats as folks would use it to inflate their stats (even though nobody can see them, you just know I'm right :))

And no, the time it takes to set up or whatever would still not discourage farming. It wouldn't.

I still disagree to the farming argument but I also guess, numbers would show it and such numbers are trackable much more easy than countering the current bot-farming in pugs. So again, I see no evil arising from this more than there already is.

#14 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Well I'm with Kraven if it rewarded anything it could and would be farmed.

#15 Sh4nk0h0l1c

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostAym, on 04 January 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

Well I'm with Kraven if it rewarded anything it could and would be farmed.

I disagree with you.

Just think the farming aspect through...

It's just too much effort:

1. gather enough people willing to farm without having fun while doing it...

2. ensure the farming works and everyone plays by the rules...

3. Keep it up for long enough so it's rewarding (also keep the teams together)

4. No player can possibly be willing to let him self be killed 8 times just to get 8 kills (thats how you would have to do the farming..) PUGing is much more rewarding

5. It's propably not much fun, so people will get bored pretty pretty soon... B)

I could go on but I think I made my point...

If you want to farm cbills its much more effective to get in a 4vs4 with PUGs filling up the empty places, than setting up farming matches...

As I said, think it through... :)

View PostKraven Kor, on 04 January 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

I'd be all for this, so long as it couldn't be gamed. Any kind of custom match - where you can choose your opponents - cannot provide any C-Bill or XP so as not to become a way to farm such. Hell, it shouldn't even affect your W/L and K/D stats as folks would use it to inflate their stats (even though nobody can see them, you just know I'm right :lol:)

And how do you think these people could profit from it?

Remember:

In a match, 8vs.8, player A1 could kill the players B1-B8 in the first round and score 8 Kills at all.

When it's Team B's turn, player A1 would get killed 8 times in a row, by the players B1-B8...
( yes, you would have to do it that way, otherwise it would be hard to find another team willing to do this with you...)

So after 16 rounds of getting killed 8 times and 7 times watching his teammates having all the fun,
player A1's k/d ratio would be 8:8 = 1 (if he hasn't had any kills or deats before)

Also you have to keep in mind that every single death you suffer has more influence on your k/d ratio than a single kill...

Let me do the math for you:

Player A: 20 kills, 4 deaths, k/d: ( 20 : 4 = ) 5

after 1 "k/d improval match":

Player A: 28 kills, 12 deaths, k/d: ( 28 : 12 = ) 2.33...

I'm pretty sure nobody would try it that way... ;)

Edited by Sh4nk0h0l1c, 04 January 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#16 Cawdor

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

I support this notion.

#17 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Supporting this !

#18 Arfur Faulkes Hake

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 67 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

LIKE IT!

WANT IT!

WANT IT NOW!

#19 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

I have been asking PGI every Ask the Devs for a while now regarding if there is a possibility to having selective drops.

Once this ability is in the game, then we can begin to police our own matches with whatever systems we want pre-match, start up our own leagues and tournaments, and build communities without the need of some inline system that does it for us, which will always be flawed.

Edited by Zyllos, 06 January 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#20 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostZyllos, on 06 January 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

I have been asking PGI every Ask the Devs for a while now regarding if there is a possibility to having selective drops.

Once this ability is in the game, then we can begin to police our own matches with whatever systems we want pre-match, start up our own leagues and tournaments, and build communities without the need of some inline system that does it for us, which will always be flawed.

From my PoV the point is: does PGi even want to let us do so?
I suspect they would not give up drop control so easy to the community. I don't see the point as it would improve MWO and make it more attractive but... well PGI might have an other view on the matter.

Thats why we have to raise some attention on this. Or we might never ever be able to do clan wars like we want them... policed, friendly, organized by ourselfs.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users