13 replies to this topic

#1 Vlasterx

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBetelguese

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

When will we get EU servers. Game looks great, but it's completely unplayable from Europe with pings above 150-170... it's like playing over 56K modem all over again :-/

#2 Noth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

When they find a partner for the european servers...

#3 AlexEss

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Maybe it is unplayable for you, but i am doing just fine so to lump the entirety of Europe in to one pile is a bit silly.

That being said after release some time i would guess, It does after all cost a truckload of cash to do it (not to mention localization for the people who can not read or write english)

#4 Vlasterx

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBetelguese

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

You can't have good ping in relation EU <-> USA. For this to be playable, we need to have ping around 30.

Money for partners is not players concern. As you know from other games, devs found their partners quite easy. World of tanks for example - they have spread all around the world very quickly and this game is same as WOT when it comes to production and feel.

I just hope that we'll have EU servers soon or there will be no point to play it any more, unfortunately. Many people share this opinion.

#5 Rivqua

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

I would rather they keep the community together then split it up with different servers and accounts like other popular games do.

#6 Noth

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

View PostVlasterx, on 28 December 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

You can't have good ping in relation EU <-> USA. For this to be playable, we need to have ping around 30.

Money for partners is not players concern. As you know from other games, devs found their partners quite easy. World of tanks for example - they have spread all around the world very quickly and this game is same as WOT when it comes to production and feel.

I just hope that we'll have EU servers soon or there will be no point to play it any more, unfortunately. Many people share this opinion.

You do realize that they were lucky just to find a publisher for this game right? Mechwarrior franchise is not something companies seem to want to take a risk on.

#7 DeadlyNerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

you know what would set us all on the same ground? a server that's in the middle of Atlantic.

#8 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

View PostRivqua, on 28 December 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

I would rather they keep the community together then split it up with different servers and accounts like other popular games do.

Just from EU, the ping is 150 and up.

I can't imaging how bad it is further east. And people from the southern hemysphere also don't get to play with a competitive ping as far as I'm aware.

#9 Blowfeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 322 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Well,

I would wish for EU servers as well, but I learned to cope with 120 ping and shred more and more each game.

If it happens: great
If not: can live with that

#10 Karl Split

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Id love an eu server, but only if we could get enough players to make it viable. From looking at clans to join I only see american clans which makes me wonder how many eu guys there actually are.

#11 Naeron66

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostVlasterx, on 28 December 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

Considering that US players can have a ping of 120+ this is manifestly rubbish. I tend to get ~120 from the EU and the game is perfectly playable, this is not a twitch shooter.

#12 Zphyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 703 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

I have a ping of 120-150 and find it quite playable. If, hypothetically, they do add an European server, I think it won't affect me as I prefer having a worse ping than not being able to play with my unit (mostly Americans). Also, half empty servers are boring.

#13 Fides

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostNoth, on 28 December 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

You do realize that they were lucky just to find a publisher for this game right? Mechwarrior franchise is not something companies seem to want to take a risk on.

I disagree as is evidenced by how easily Hawken found a publisher. The MechWarrior online franchise can demonstrate a lot of interest.

#14 Fides

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostNaeron66, on 28 December 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

Considering that US players can have a ping of 120+ this is manifestly rubbish. I tend to get ~120 from the EU and the game is perfectly playable, this is not a twitch shooter.

Actually this is the lag shield, latest patch has removed much of the lag shield so EU players lag more than NA players.

As far as seperate servers hopefully it won't be like WOW where you had to physically sit on an EU or NA server, I would hope it would be more a choice from a list of servers that you choose to play on.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users