Are We Looking At 15,000 Mc For A Single Daishi?

46 replies to this topic

#1 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

I'm just wondering, because it is certainly looking that way to me.

#2 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Doubt it, robably mroe like 9,000 however. I expect the Daishi to turn like a pig having an asthma attack however, might not be as nasty as people seem to expect. I'm sure it'll have loads of firepower, but it'll probably be about as maneuverable as a slow Stalker. The Gladiator is the one that intrigues me. (95 tons moving at @ 90 KPH while using MASC)

Edited by verybad, 27 December 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#3 Webber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Clan tech should be expensive. However, the MC cost us yet to be determined.

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 27 December 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

I'm just wondering, because it is certainly looking that way to me.

Persoanlly I am all for 150,000 MC, with the price going down by half every year or so. Since no Inner Sphere warrior even has one until almost 3052.... and I am pretty sure your name ain't Hohiro or Victor.

Clan tech, if available as all should be expensive as hell (Though NOT MC), almost unattainably so, to keep this from becoming ClanWarrior Online.

Make Clan Tech readily available, and you just obsoleted everything else in the game. (Which Clan Tech should do.... but there is no way to enforce the balancers it had, like codes of conduct, hence it is aboutthe last thing this game needs)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 27 December 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#5 Tomcat21

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

With the options in game already you can setup builds similiar to clan mechs already. For example, I am running a Jenner with 2 ERPPC as its main armament. plays just like a puma (adder for you clan types)

#6 Yogsothoz

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Dont worry. You have over 2 years to save the money as IS doesnt start manufacturing omnimechs until 3052. Some states dont even have them until 3067.

#7 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Considering that the AS7-K only costs 13.69mcb / 5480 MC vs. a TT AS7-K's 22.37m, a Dire Wolf Prime - if it launches in canon config - should cost around 17.89mcb. If the conversion holds reasonably steady, that will be about 7160 MC.

It's possible that Daishi Widowmaker, the most likely Dire Wolf hero, will be either 10kmc or 15kmc (based on comparing current heroes to their stock counterparts.) I wouldn't anticipate it for stock DWs though.

#8 Exoth3rmic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 434 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Just imagine how legendary the hero mechs would be if there was only one for sale at any price.....ever.

#9 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Daishi?? WTF, its a DIREWOLF..freebirth scum..

#10 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 December 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Persoanlly I am all for 150,000 MC, with the price going down by half every year or so. Since no Inner Sphere warrior even has one until almost 3052.... and I am pretty sure your name ain't Hohiro or Victor.

Clan tech, if available as all should be expensive as hell (Though NOT MC), almost unattainably so, to keep this from becoming ClanWarrior Online.

Make Clan Tech readily available, and you just obsoleted everything else in the game. (Which Clan Tech should do.... but there is no way to enforce the balancers it had, like codes of conduct, hence it is aboutthe last thing this game needs)

it will become clanwarrior online nomatter what happends. The clan tech weps make all IS mechs 10x better, as for the clan mechs themselves are very good too. Only IS tech that is of any value is the RAC.

#11 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 27 December 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Daishi?? WTF, its a DIREWOLF..freebirth scum..

I only refer to the Widowmaker variant as Daishi. The others get to be called Dire Wolf. :) I'd rather see the Warhawk, but we know what will happen. :P

#12 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostYogsothoz, on 27 December 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

Dont worry. You have over 2 years to save the money as IS doesnt start manufacturing omnimechs until 3052. Some states dont even have them until 3067.

They manufacture their own version of omni mechs, not Clan omni. Though I'm sure you knew that.

#13 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

You, and many others, are assuming that once clan tech is available we'll be allowed to use it in normal 8v8 matches. Personally, I really doubt that. I can't imagine they'll let clan tech fight alongside IS tech, I'd be astonished if there wasn't an 10v6 (or similar) IS vs Clan mode when clan tech is made available.

#14 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostSirLANsalot, on 27 December 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

it will become clanwarrior online nomatter what happends. The clan tech weps make all IS mechs 10x better, as for the clan mechs themselves are very good too. Only IS tech that is of any value is the RAC.

Of course, that's assuming that Clantech will be compatible with IS mechs. I don't think that will happen.

#15 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostSandslice, on 27 December 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Of course, that's assuming that Clantech will be compatible with IS mechs. I don't think that will happen.

It better happen.

If they make it so people can put clan tech on IS rides, I would hope there are all sorts of issues with doing it.

More heat than usual, break down that works like jamming.

I doubt it though.

I think you're right though.

#16 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

I wouldn't worry about Clan tech until they've gotten their matchmaking system in place and working well.

#17 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Give me daishi for 30,000MC right now and I gladly pay.

#18 Fenix0742

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

So, $600 in 2013, $300 in 2014, $150 in 2015, $75 in 2016? How about no.

#19 Carnivoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Completely off-subject but I was sitting here reading these posts and I started getting excited for the time when stuff starts rolling out in the future BT timeline. Clan mechs are a big talking point on the forums these days and I was just thinking about how exciting it will be to bring those mechs and those play mechanics into the MWO world. All bug gripes and this and that aside, it will be a pretty exciting thing to see CW roll out (if that ever happens) and we find out how all that works. Just makes me all tingly inside!

#20 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostCarnivoris, on 27 December 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

Completely off-subject but I was sitting here reading these posts and I started getting excited for the time when stuff starts rolling out in the future BT timeline. Clan mechs are a big talking point on the forums these days and I was just thinking about how exciting it will be to bring those mechs and those play mechanics into the MWO world. All bug gripes and this and that aside, it will be a pretty exciting thing to see CW roll out (if that ever happens) and we find out how all that works. Just makes me all tingly inside!

All these clan talk actually makes me worried. If Clan tech and Clan mechs are going to be available the same way IS tech and mechs will be, they will either push IS mechs into obsoletion or be so expensive that the few that can afford it will create waves of QQ in the forum from those who got owned in IS mechs.... its a bleak future indeed... i would even rather PGI stop here with the timeline and just keep working with the existing assets until the game actually matures in terms of architecture. We are not ready for Clan tech...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users