Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 28 December 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

If you drop PUG you'll see more LRM's. It's harder to get them to work in 8V8, because only fools will drop with less than 2 ECM mechs and LRM dedicated support mechs could be dead weight in the match.

Pugging they are working like in the good ol days and I enjoy using TAG on a D-DC that thinks he's so awesome with ECm, only to get multiple volleys in the face from 600-750m out.

This! :lol:

#62 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

I can see it now

OP "Im going water guys (on river city/forest colony) I got this dont worry, Im a XXX (Insert mech here)"
OP "OMG THEY SHOT ME! WHY DID THEY SHOT ME!" <Dies>

Pretty sure this is a PVP game man., They are gonna shoot at you if you stick your backside out there to be shot. And if you let multiple of them take shots at you, you will die. Thats how many games work. This one has more tactics and requires teamwork, so get on that. Work with the team.

I do not boat LRMs and I have been killed by them lately, but thats due to my poor (or their good) positioning. Every time I rush an LRM boat with cover it dies in a fire.

#63 Agent of Change

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostPurpleNinja, on 28 December 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

Tried this one, but my OCD wouldn't let me use two different kind of launchers due to unequal fire pattern.
Yes, I carry two TAGs (one for each arm) just to keep the mech equally balanced.

:lol: :ph34r:

Well played sir, I understand and respect your neurosis, i resolved this by making sure i had symmetrical placement of my launchers. Just call it strategic spreading of resources and inbuilt redundancy and no one need know of the OCD...

#64 Phalanx100bc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Yeah LRM's seem to be de rigueur once again.

The question is....What TACTICS are you inventing to do somthing about it? ECM Ravens taking off too fast? Tell to hang with you so you can get into striking distance...

Put somthing between you and the missles....and SHUT DOWN !

Playing the big D?...have yoyr scouts go harrass LRM boats and take advantage of the ensuing confusion.

Really...there are plenty of threads/posts with tactical options.

If you are a non-communicative PUG....well then.....might as well get an XBOX...we don't need trigger twitchers who need 20page cheat code/walkthrough books trying to dumb down this game any more!!!!

Edited by Phalanx100bc, 28 December 2012 - 08:10 AM.

#65 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

View PostPhalanx100bc, on 28 December 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

If you are a non-communicative PUG....well then.....might as well get an XBOX...we don't need trigger twitchers who need 20page cheat code/walkthrough books trying to dumb down this game any more!!!!

Very constructive and welcoming.

#66 Phalanx100bc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

View PostPurpleNinja, on 28 December 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

Very constructive and welcoming.

Ehhh... I haven't had my coffee yet.....

#67 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

View PostPhalanx100bc, on 28 December 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Ehhh... I haven't had my coffee yet.....

I know the feeling.
Four cups already, that's why I'm so indulgent right now.

#68 GODzillaGSPB

• 2,028 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

I think the balance on LRMs is fine you. You die a fast and horrible death when you go out in the open and are focus-fired by two or three mechs with LRMs which is how it should be imho.

For me this only happens once in a while. On the one hand because the matches with THAT many LRM-capable (or LRM-spezialized) mechs are making up maybe 50% of my drops and I'm only stupid enough to get out of cover and be focus-fired upon once in a while. :ph34r: So let's say...I'm dying the LRM-death in one of ten matches. If at all.

Most of the time it's death by brawling and I still see many LRMs all the time. So from a variety standpoint everything seems to be okay here. And, beeing mostly on the receiving end, I think from the leathality-factor, too. Although I suspect the players who actually use the LRMs might see this a bit more pessimist and like to shoot me more often. :lol:

(PS: Playing only mediums)

#69 Bguk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

So this week it's LRMs again? Is next week light mechs or ECM week? I don't get the"X is OP of the Week" memos.

#70 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostBguk, on 28 December 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

So this week it's LRMs again? Is next week light mechs or ECM week? I don't get the"X is OP of the Week" memos.

Actually, im given to understand that next week is "OMG HAX!!!?!" week with a smattering of Lights are OP, then an "ECM is busted" reprise week, and I think (I'll have to check my schedule) the week after that is "WTH Atlaswarrior online" week.

hope that helps.

Edited by Agent of Change, 28 December 2012 - 08:39 AM.

#71 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

"Warning: Incoming Missiles."

Oh the sweet, sweet song of the missile boat people.

Too bad that is all it tends to be. For them. Protip: Use Cover! Want another tip? Stand near ECM units.

LRM boats are annoying, but they do not need to be deadly unless you refuse to take cover. They are annoying enough that myself and some friends systematically sneak behind enemy lines to cleanly and quickly assassinate missile boats before their team even knows we are there. However, if you die to LRMs constantly then you need to look at your gaming habits. LRMs are slow, require a missile lock, and need an unimpeaded angle if attack to hit you. It has a lot working against it, so you have a lot of ways to mitigate it.

Once you start approaching things more carefully, all LRM boats do is waste ammo on you. Cause they sure as hell will not hit you.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 28 December 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#72 EtherDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

Strange, I can't seem to get my LRM boat to perform any more... It's a Cat with 2xLRM20+Artemus - I recently added TAG instead of one of my MLAS and that seems to help... but gone are the days of sitting back in the safety of my base and getting kill after kill from 1000m away. (And good riddance, honestly...) So, I'm relearning how to be an LRM boat - it's not magical win juice, but it's not impossible... I just suck at it. =)

#73 RainbowToh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 753 posts
  • LocationLittle Red Dot, SouthEastAsia

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostCraftyman, on 28 December 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

LRMs are flavor of the month. Just wait until the Trebuchet is out then and only then will there be even more LRMs.

HAHAHA I dont think you were around for the Artemis patch. Were you?

View PostEtherDragon, on 28 December 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Strange, I can't seem to get my LRM boat to perform any more... It's a Cat with 2xLRM20+Artemus - I recently added TAG instead of one of my MLAS and that seems to help... but gone are the days of sitting back in the safety of my base and getting kill after kill from 1000m away. (And good riddance, honestly...) So, I'm relearning how to be an LRM boat - it's not magical win juice, but it's not impossible... I just suck at it. =)

You need to get a friend on comms. LRM boats need a dedicated scout or a teammate willing to keep lock on open targets for LRMs to be effective. My pal giggles all the time when he killsteals stuff I locked for him.

#74 capt bishop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationInside a bunker at a undisclosed location

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

L2P you damn Noob.

#75 WhiteRabbit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 377 posts
  • Locationover there

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

I'm a little confused... lwhy do so many people hate the weapon-system they aren't using? I've been called an LRM-noob while playing with my LRM-RS and a brawling-******** with no sense for the finer points of tactics while using my close-range D. (and an ECM-*** with my d-dc, but that's another story :lol:)

TLDR: I've played with both brawler and long-range mechs.... no style is really op right now and can be countered with ease (though that is purely subjective)

#76 Nicholai Matowski

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

I agree. LRMs are Broken. As is most of this game.

How about this: Go back to the book with everything. Then get a bucket to collect the tears.

1 point lrms, half the armor we have now, and an actual need for heat management.

Makes my spine tingle, all things considered. I mean, seriously, the current game we are playing is CoD with robots.

OT: Considering all of the current changes? LRMs are not broken. I am pleasantly surprised that I can actually direct dumbfire my lrms, and take down mechs that think they are hot stuff. Now if only the lock requirement toggle for streak 2s were implemented.

#77 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostAgent of Change, on 28 December 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

Actually, im given to understand that next week is "OMG HAX!!!?!" week with a smattering of Lights are OP, then an "ECM is busted" reprise week, and I think (I'll have to check my schedule) the week after that is "WTH Atlaswarrior online" week.

hope that helps.

so glad there's people informing me of what's to come... *runs away to prepair ranting posts and trolling witticims* <_< :D

#78 TerebNeerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

ECM basically makes an LRM launcher a line of sight weapon.

A line of sight weapon that takes several seconds to reach the enemy.

Pop out of cover and pop them with some long range direct-fire weapons and duck before the missiles arrive.

A couple Gauss rounds and PPCs blasts usually makes them cautious enough so your teammates can close.

#79 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

View PostTerebNeerg, on 02 January 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

ECM basically makes an LRM launcher a line of sight weapon.

A line of sight weapon that takes several seconds to reach the enemy.

Pop out of cover and pop them with some long range direct-fire weapons and duck before the missiles arrive.

A couple Gauss rounds and PPCs blasts usually makes them cautious enough so your teammates can close.

further more those running without ecm are belittled by those lrmboats who have ecm cause they effectively gain all their lrm's as extra firepower if the team without are stuck with lrm boats.

#80 Dudeman3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 520 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

IMO LRM's are still too flimsy. 10's Dont do any damage at all, they're more of crit seekers in all honesty. I'm glad LRM's are making a come back, but ECM ultimately kills LRM's in the long run + LRM's not being a huge hitter. The only way to make LRM's effective is to boat them, like you said in 20's. One 20 salvo will only take 5% of the victims armor.... like an AC10 hit... and thats TWENTY missiles (half that actually hits you)... so in reality 5's 10's and 15's are negligible.

Just remember, boating is what makes these weapons seem OP... but with all boating, there is a weakness. (like hiding behind a rock, when "incoming missiles" shows up... and LRM's take 50 years to get to you, you have time to find cover, trust me.

ECM on the other hand is a little too good at countering EVERYTHING.... if anything is OP, its that.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users