Well It Was Fun While It Lasted....

51 replies to this topic

#41 xRaeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 938 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

I think it is funny that you people think MWO is sim-like. It doesn't simulate anything like a true sim does. It does nothing comparable to what ARMA does. Or what WW2OL does... or even what Microsoft Flight Simulator does. I'm sorry... but if you wanted a sim this isn't the game for you and never will be.

None of the Mechwarrior games are sims... because they don't simulate anything based in the real world. You need real balistics for it to be a sim... you need real armor penetration values where one AC20 round would completely obliterate a light Mech because of the size of the round hitting the Mech instead of a static... you have 40 points of armor.

#42 PiemasterXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 556 posts
  • LocationThe deep-south, cookin' Moonshine.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Just FYI, I played in a match with the OP 5 minutes ago.

0_0

Edited by PiemasterXL, 29 December 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#43 Jason1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 800 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

yeah last time i got specific with my concerns in response to a similar mod post the thread got frozen, so whatev

this game is just alot shallower than i think anyone thought it would be 6 months ago and worse than that, PGI doesn't seem to think its a big problem. instead their focus seems to be new hero mechs and slowly adding mechs that serve no real role

I just get the feeling PGI is having some kind of internal debate about which way to go, and instead of committing all the way to one direction or the other they're trying to split the difference and the game is pretty much adrift as a result

WOT, which has bigger but flatter maps than we have here, adds 2 new maps every single patch. usually a patch every 6 weeks. So i'm not really sure why we're getting 3 maps a year at our current pace. just seems like its not a priority to them, when it should be THE priority. we need new maps worse than we need new mechs, and new mechs worse than we need anything else

players will accept a team that has a vision that's different than what the players want, but not a team with no vision, or with "we're going to milk you for money every release" as a vision either. and if you look at the game as its rolling out now, what is PGI interested in doing? its not creating a mech sim, that's for sure. everything they do is a step away from sim and a step towards arcade

#44 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

I hear hawken can't attract new players, even when they bend over backwards to hand everybody hawken dollars and repairbots.

Guess being a no-name franchise does that to you.

#45 thalamus

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostVictor Creed, on 28 December 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

.... Doesn't even feel like a simulation anymore. ...

Please do not call this a simulation.

#46 Murzao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

View Postelismallz, on 28 December 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

+1

#47 Noonan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 153 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

The game is getting BETTER every patch.

Bye bye, you will not be missed.

#48 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

HOTU about Mechwarrior:
"Probably the very first giant robot game that can proudly claim to be a simulation than a straightforward action shooter, Mechwarrior is a great game set in FASA's famous BattleTech world of giant robots.It was, and still is, one of the best BattleTech games ever made."

By any means is MWO no less simulation than Mechwarrior.
This is simply a genre of computergames that is not narrowed down to scientific/hardcore simulations.

#49 Ace Kaller

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGettysburg, PA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostNoonan, on 29 December 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

The game is getting BETTER every patch.

Bye bye, you will not be missed.

Agree. I was highly critical early on, but the last month+ has seen marked improvements IMO. Is it perfect? No. I may be in the minority, but I like the way they have worked ECM. I've liked their intermediate solution to the economy. I've liked their Hero Mechs. Hell, I've even liked their cockpit fluff. The Devs have turned it around from making me seriously doubt my founders investment, to being genuinely optimistic aboutthe future of the game once again.

#50 Kristov Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

Well SLX. since it was Victor who was asked what his actual problems were and not Jason, odds are you may well be right. And note that Victor didn't actually give any better information when asked for it. Jason did give a list of...something..not sure what exactly to call that list.

Complaining that the mech HE wants aren't being added yet and that we don't need anything but the ones he wants? Really?

TDM game mode, that we've been asking for since day 1...really? I guess you missed all that time in closed beta where TDM was the ONLY game mode? Us asking for that red square on the ground to be capturable? None of this rings any bells with you does it?

Why would anyone drive anything in the Assault range beside the Atlas? I can think of any number of reasons, but we'll start with the most basic, some people want to drive an Awesome or Highlander or..you get the point I think? If not..no reason to continue, you won't get it anyway.

PPC side effects..in the works. Knockdowns are coming back as well, once they get things working properly. I miss knockdowns, but you know what, they WERE fubar, if you'd been in closed beta you would be aware of that fact. Yes the lack of knockdown gives Lights an edge they shouldn't have, but the netcode and physics ARE being fixed and KD will be put back. Just think of ALL those morons in Lights currently who purposely run into the enemy...think of ALL those free easy kills you'll be getting when KDs are put back...

And there's more content in the beta now then there was at ANY time in the closed beta, and they've added more in just the last month. Seriously, have you even run this software within the last 2 months? More Mechs, more maps, new equipment, new game type, changes to the match making system...you seem to have missed all of that.

You seriously expect a dev to take time out to answer questions that are so...what's the word...uneducated, self centered and rather antagonistic towards the devs and the game in general?

#51 Thndrblt

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

well, i proubly just filled youre vacant spot...so the playing numbers will not drop by one :)

...If i had known about this game before last week, id have been a "founder" happily. Knowing i was not only one of the first, but one that cared enough to help it develope further.

Good luck, best wishes. You should try "planetside 2"...its pretty polished, fun to play, and never the problem of gettg bored with the same 4-5 maps (of which 2-3 usually suck) maps....

#52 Kaspirikay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostVictor Creed, on 28 December 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

Game is slowly getting worse and worse with each patch. Doesn't even feel like a simulation anymore. Hawken now has my full attention, maybe I'll check back in a few months and hopefully some sort of MEAT will have been added to this poor excuse of a mech sim.

Oooooooooh look at me look at me im leaving and i wsnt the whole world to know. Cry more. Can i have your stuff, etc etc

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users