#1 WraithMandaka

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hello everyone.
Clan Wolverine is recruiting. We have 75 members and continue growing. There is room for anyone who is willing to grow with the game. We are happy to train new people and love to talk shop with all you "old" guys out there that have been dropping since tabletop!

We use teamspeak and regularly run 8 mans. We also have a european galaxy for anyone that plays more during the day.

For more information, look up Malekhai, Thayne, Jbird or WraithMandaka in game. If you are new, add us to your friends list and when you see us in the lobby, double click on our name to chat.
You can also visit clanwolverine.net.

Have fun!
Wraith

#2 qultar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

you know you are the number 1 target around here and EVERY one hates you

#3 Ice Naga

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

And this we hold sacred.
That no deed be left undone:
The Not-Named escaped the Wolf,
but they shall not escape the Bear again.

#4 Malekhai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

View Postqultar, on 28 December 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

Qultar, please explain your hatred for us.

#5 qultar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

do you not know your history you are the most hated group in all of Clan space

#6 Malekhai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Yes I do know my clans history, and not all clans expess hatred for the Wolverines. I was unsure if you meant in game we had done somethingm.

#7 Seijin Dinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 259 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEdmonds, WA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Those who must not be names shall be purged

#8 qultar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostMalekhai, on 30 December 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

Yes I do know my clans history, and not all clans expess hatred for the Wolverines. I was unsure if you meant in game we had done somethingm.

name one clan that dose not want you dead

#9 Malekhai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

Clan Blood Spirit.

#10 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

View Postqultar, on 28 December 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

The Blood Spirits most certainly did not and got taken to task for it, mostly by Burrock, and later by the Star Adders after they absorbed Burrock (nasty worms)

see, he knows his Clan history and qultar does not:

View PostMalekhai, on 30 December 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

Clan Blood Spirit.

However, Clan Wolverine were annihilated by 2825, you should be gaming as a sub-element of the Minnesota tribe. Coordinate with those guys over in the Merc threads. None of us can control any single-named historical faction in MW:O according to PGI. And, since Wolverine is not seen in since the 2800's, you should abandon your effort despite your zeal to game that Clan. Just sayin'

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 30 December 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#11 Malekhai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 30 December 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

The Blood Spirits most certainly did not and got taken to task for it, mostly by Burrock, and later by the Star Adders after they absorbed Burrock (nasty worms)

see, he knows his Clan history and qultar does not:

However, Clan Wolverine were annihilated by 2825, you should be gaming as a sub-element of the Minnesota tribe. Coordinate with those guys over in the Merc threads. None of us can control any single-named historical faction in MW:O according to PGI. And, since Wolverine is not seen in since the 2800's, you should abandon your effort despite your zeal to game that Clan. Just sayin'

Incorrect. Wolverines according to Clan Lore were annihilated, however 20% of the population is known to have escaped. Clan Wolf conviently had an "error" in recording the population of the Wolverines. The Ghost Bears saw the Wolverines leaving Clan Space. In the course of several years after, the Umayyid incident and the Minnesota Tribe incursions occured. Eventually, ComStar made concact with the remaining Wolverine population and allowed them to settle on Mars. The Wolverines of the course of the next 200 years began pulling strings within ComStar and controlled much of the higher ranks. Eventually even one of the Primus' of ComStar was a full blooded Wolverine. Also, the Wolverines were supposedly responsible for the majority of the new tech that the Word of Blake unleashed. The Explorer Corps was also founded in reaction to the Wolverines and the Outbound Light discovered the Clan homeworlds with the help of Clan Wolverine thus starting the clan invasion. This is all according to the Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents sourcebook.

#12 Ashla Mason

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

View PostMalekhai, on 30 December 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

Incorrect. Wolverines according to Clan Lore were annihilated, however 20% of the population is known to have escaped. Clan Wolf conviently had an "error" in recording the population of the Wolverines. The Ghost Bears saw the Wolverines leaving Clan Space. In the course of several years after, the Umayyid incident and the Minnesota Tribe incursions occured. Eventually, ComStar made concact with the remaining Wolverine population and allowed them to settle on Mars. The Wolverines of the course of the next 200 years began pulling strings within ComStar and controlled much of the higher ranks. Eventually even one of the Primus' of ComStar was a full blooded Wolverine. Also, the Wolverines were supposedly responsible for the majority of the new tech that the Word of Blake unleashed. The Explorer Corps was also founded in reaction to the Wolverines and the Outbound Light discovered the Clan homeworlds with the help of Clan Wolverine thus starting the clan invasion. This is all according to the Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents sourcebook.

The theory that the Wolverines wound up joining comstar is so full of absurd stupidity I don't even know where to start. It ignores the fact that comstar was caught totally flat footed by the clans and had no idea that there ultimate objective was earth.

Furthermore, No reference is made during the entirety of the Comstar sourcebook to the aquisition of technologicaly sophisiticated refugees/warriors after the fall of the star league something that would have been at the least noteworthy.

Thus we are dealing with one of two possibilities:
1. The Jihad documents are wildly incorrect.
2. We are looking at a Massive retcon.

I personaly lean towards the former.

#13 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

View PostMalekhai, on 30 December 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents sourcebook.

As I do not subscribe to Jihad or DA as canon, I am most correct and you Sir, sadly have been misled by zealots. The attempts of the fiction writers to tidy up loose ends made a mockery of the Clans and the BT milieu.

#14 Malekhai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 31 December 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

As I do not subscribe to Jihad or DA as canon, I am most correct and you Sir, sadly have been misled by zealots. The attempts of the fiction writers to tidy up loose ends made a mockery of the Clans and the BT milieu.

Pretty much every source of Clan Wolverine lore is canon rumor in my mind as nothing is every truly confirmed nor denied, which makes the matter very opinionated.

#15 kavik

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

Wondering if Clan Wolverine Survived? We yes it did, I have played the Table Top Universe since Second edition was launched. Anyhow I have followed this groups history since they were the SLDF 331st Royal Battlemech Division. Then of course came the Exodus, clan wolverine, then their apparent extermination... then I really love the idea that they are out there wearing their old SLDF colours with the Minnesota tribe patch... I created a lance of minis for table top in that scheme. I hope this thread continues as I enjoy discussing these lost souls.

#16 Neddih

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

Hey I would like to join Wolverine. IGN is Neddih hit me up :)

#17 Malekhai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostNeddih, on 01 January 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

Hey I would like to join Wolverine. IGN is Neddih hit me up :huh:

I just added you in game Neddih, If you are for sure interested go ahead and register at clanwolverine.net. I can answer any questions in game (Double click on my name in friends list to open lobby chat)

#18 RagingOyster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 462 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

The Not-Named Clan was Annihilated long ago. I do not know who these pretenders are, but they are surely not allies if they wear the colours and titles of an ancient cancer long since rooted out.

#19 Malekhai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

*sigh* A failed annihilation RagingOyster. It has been noted several times that a large portion fo the population was unaccounted for (20% is the number usually used).

#20 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

The hostility you are facing here is purely from the canon, nothing personal. As a Clansman, I completely believe that the Clans, and Nicholas Kerensky, were completely successful in annihilating the traitors to his vision. Any pretenders who claim to be their descendants are just that. Personally though, I've played in a number of leagues with a unit called the Minnesota Tribe and they were good guys.

In the lore, I like to think that the Wolverine survivors did indeed return to the Inner Sphere and were the inspiration for the legendary Minnesota Tribe. That was a name given to them by the Inner Sphere though and not one chosen by themselves, so it shouldn't be considered any more accurate than the name "Mad Cat". I prefer to think that following the recorded incidents involving the Minnesota Tribe, they continued to circle the Inner Sphere until they reached the rimward side of the periphery. From there, I think they departed the Inner Sphere, headed rimward, opposite the Clan Homeworlds. I remember seeing a picture of people standing around a holotable looking at a route that traced a line that followed that course.

I have my doubts about the Umayyads being the descendants of the Wolverine scouting party. For one, it depends on the uncovered diary of Sarah McEvedy being authentic. The most obvious hole in that theory though is the gap of five years between the disappearance of the scouts and the appearance of the Umayyads. Secondly, all of the nobility in the Umayyad are supposed to have descended from the original invaders. It seems a simple genetic test would be able to link the Star League era refugees. There's no concrete evidence connecting the Wolverines to the Umayyads, but it just doesn't feel right.

The greatest piece of evidence linking the Word of Blake to the Wolverines is the 'Wier herself. We know for a fact that the ship left with Aleksandr Kerensky in his exodus and that it somehow found itself in service to the Word of Blake. While the ship was mentioned many times int he alleged diary, it is still completely possible that it was abandoned on the way to the Clan homeworlds or on the return by the Wolverines. By all accounts it was in rough shape, but there is no proof that they simply handed it over to Comstar. During the Jihad, Clan Ghost Bear did genetic testing on every WoB soldier they killed, and none of them could be linked to Clan Wolverine.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users