People Complaining About Premades

26 replies to this topic

#1 Little Nemo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 588 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

I just did a PUG. Tried to advise people what would work. What happens? Some Dragon trying to be a hero rushes right to the enemy base, dies. Their light starts harassing our heavies, heavies chase. Atlas rushes head strong into the enemy. I tell the team we needed to back up his stupid decision. Brawl it out, I get two kills. Enough of our team dies that It's 5v2. A little more brawling and we lose.

Bottom line - Not a single person besides me said a word. Our light never targeted their light, Everyone ran off in different directions.

If you are going to make complaint threads about people dropping as "premades", actually do something to better the reputation of playing with randoms. Just because people communicate can make a hell of a difference.

Here is a link to the Teamspeak servers thread:
http://mwomercs.com/...e-chat-servers/

Thanks.

Posted Image

#2 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Confusing thread is confusing.

The people you are complaining about that were in your pug do not come to the forums. The people that are complaining in the forums about premades being allowed easy wins vs pugs are doing so because of what you just described. Most pug players are already bad enough, I don't need the added aggravation of also facing an organized group on TS.

#3 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

I can't wait until we have matchmaking. Then we can have our own 'bronze league'.

#4 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Right now comms is THE force multiplier in the game, next to lagboating streakavens and -mandos. It is imperative that PGI level the playing field with integrated voice comms. I must have made every one of the mistakes opener complains about myself, and still might. You want to up your game, go comm. A lot of times it is actually just a group of players coming together for a few loose drops. PUGs but PUGs who talk. But there are of course gamers who do not want to comm. And typing and the battlemap sucking dragonballz, that is what happens - silent death, one by one.

And that is not a lemming SP. Where are the lemmings???

#5 PiemasterXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 556 posts
  • LocationThe deep-south, cookin' Moonshine.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Posted Image

#6 qlz19

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 61 posts
  • Locationnot sure, I am still trying to find myself

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

well unfortunately this will continue until Community Warfare
Until winning means something people will not organize
the people who are soloing now will have alot more incentive to group up for a common goal I think
I haven't played alot latelly but I will say that I haven't done a Solo drop in 6 months

#7 Dirkdaring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTwycross

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

I think most people going solo have lost the will to win a long time ago. They just go in, do some damage, die and repeat. It's easy to know you're not on the premade side when you start on the same side of the map 9 times out of 10.

#8 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts
  • LocationHall of the Valkyries

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

So Premades have myths about PUGs as well? How droll.

#9 Elkfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 483 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

It really does come down to fully integrated VOIP, as others have said.

That will go a long way towards alleviating the gulf between premades and pugs.

#10 Wired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 822 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostValkyrie Brynhildr, on 31 December 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

Well if the chicken didn't want the egg, than she shouldn't of laid it.

#11 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostValkyrie Brynhildr, on 31 December 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

View PostWired, on 31 December 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

No one said our myths made any sense either. :D

#12 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostWired, on 31 December 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Well if the horse was a cart which one would go first?

#13 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

The Community Warfare would get me very interested in role playing the politics of clan vs House vs House. But seriously. 4 maps with 2 variants each - about?
Gimme a break.
And mostly I PUG and get my azz handed to me in just that way SP is on about. And I like Chicken pies the best, in RL.

#14 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Chicken pies do rock cuz they are CHICKEN and they are also PIES. Really, it's a great combination.

#15 Deamhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 484 posts
  • Location4 Wing Cold Lake

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Pugs will always be pugs. It will always have the antisocial, or lone wolfs and will always lack communication. No in-game programming will change this. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. You want to work as a team? Join a team then and become part of a premade. There are plenty out there that are recruiting. This is team based warefare. Team vs Team and those that work together as a team will always have an advantage over those that don't. You want to be the lone wolf but not have to face premades? You want a last man standing match. Something I think they should add. 16 players like now but they all spawn separately spaced around the map and it's all vs all. Last warrior left wins. There can then be a single cap point in the center that accumulates points for the person who has it and the first person to 750 wins. That way, like the other two map types, there are two goals to win. First to 750 or last mech standing.

#16 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts
  • LocationHall of the Valkyries

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostDeamhan, on 31 December 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Pugs will always be pugs. It will always have the antisocial, or lone wolfs and will always lack communication.

Or maybe some are incapable of using Teamspeak or whatnot.

#17 Wired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 822 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostDeamhan, on 31 December 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Pugs will always be pugs. It will always have the antisocial, or lone wolfs and will always lack communication. No in-game programming will change this. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. You want to work as a team? Join a team then and become part of a premade. There are plenty out there that are recruiting. This is team based warefare. Team vs Team and those that work together as a team will always have an advantage over those that don't. You want to be the lone wolf but not have to face premades? You want a last man standing match. Something I think they should add. 16 players like now but they all spawn separately spaced around the map and it's all vs all. Last warrior left wins. There can then be a single cap point in the center that accumulates points for the person who has it and the first person to 750 wins. That way, like the other two map types, there are two goals to win. First to 750 or last mech standing.

There is no excuse for not providing in game communication features. Pugs/lonewolves that want to sit in a multiplayer team game and not participate in the team aspect of it are in the minority. note this does not include those incapable of communication for some legitimate reason although they ARE the minority still.

#18 Valoricus

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

I just started playing and even with only a couple of days under my belt, spotting a premade vs. pug situation is very easy. It's a pretty horrible experience and has caused me to uninstall the game. I've played a variety of other games where this situation isn't as rampant. I really wanted to like this game but the near total lack of respect to balance on the part of the developers causes me to not want to play. I'd MUCH rather have equal team matching or some sort of Solo Only queue. Lopsided games are no fun for at least 1/2 of those involved.

Edited by Valoricus, 31 December 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#19 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

In-game VOIP is on the way. Let's move on, shall we? :D

#20 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostDirkdaring, on 31 December 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

I think most people going solo have lost the will to win a long time ago. They just go in, do some damage, die and repeat. It's easy to know you're not on the premade side when you start on the same side of the map 9 times out of 10.

Wow and I thought I pugged because I didn't want to deal with other people and their quirks. In game comms I would turn on, I read the chat line, and I follow orders even if the guy giving them doesn't.

Dang I must reevaluate myself, I was pretty happy with an exclusive pugging winning percentage of 68-70%. Turns out I just don't care.

S

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users