Game Of 8 Vs 4 (Literally)

7 replies to this topic

#1 Coole

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Just got out of a game of 8 vs 4. For some reason, a premade team of 4 was the only opposition on the other team. I've never seen matchmaking screw this up so badly, and usually it doesn't. Literally, we were all waiting for more players, but alas none came. Any reason for this? Were there just not enough players playing at this time, or is it a matchmaking fopa?

What happened in game was actually kinda neat.
They challenged our team to 1 vs 1 duels. Didn't think anyone would do it, since people like to kill steal, but I actually encountered a lone srm6 cat with 4 med lasers at epsilon on caustic valley. I piloted my Ctf-1X with 2 L lasers and 3 MPLs in a xl 340. Since we were both alone, I told him I'll take the challenge at epsilon and fired a warning shot to get him ready. And then the tango began. Fortunately for me, I won, and in no small part because they forgot to open the cover doors. Nonetheless, it was my first duel, and my opponent was fairly respectful too.

Makes me think a type of mass arena duel mode would be kind of neat. Where it can be 8 vs 8 except with everyone dueling in a locked space on some map. Matchmaking can pit each weight class against each other. Or maybe a lobby system where people can decide ahead of time.

#2 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

#3 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Very cool! Happened to me once when it ended up a 7 vs 3. We gave them the option to duel and they accepted. We set up a rin of mechs at the lake on caustic and watched the contenders fight in the water. Just a cool cool match, and something I wish could happen more often.

#4 Coole

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostCabusha, on 30 December 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

Very cool! Happened to me once when it ended up a 7 vs 3. We gave them the option to duel and they accepted. We set up a rin of mechs at the lake on caustic and watched the contenders fight in the water. Just a cool cool match, and something I wish could happen more often.

In situations like these, I'm surprised people play fair, and don't try to kill steal.

#5 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Had a 8v0 match once a few patches back. Had to CAP to win and end match.

#6 PIRATEMECH

Clone

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

I was in that game on the 4 side and we werent a premade lol it wwas just my second match on this account as I was playtesting New User Experience.

Was actually quite an interesting game that we lost of course.

and as far as the testing after 5 matches i have 6 kills 1 death(that 4v8 game) and 4 wins 1 loss. All pugging in a trial cn9-d.

after 4 matches i could afford any of the commandos. so far so good.

#7 Coole

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostPIRATEMECH, on 30 December 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

I was in that game on the 4 side and we werent a premade lol it wwas just my second match on this account as I was playtesting New User Experience.

Was actually quite an interesting game that we lost of course.

and as far as the testing after 5 matches i have 6 kills 1 death(that 4v8 game) and 4 wins 1 loss. All pugging in a trial cn9-d.

after 4 matches i could afford any of the commandos. so far so good.

Yeah, I remember you. So it wasn't a 4 man premade? I guess I shouldn't have been so quick to assume.

#8 PIRATEMECH

Clone

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

yeah im assuming it was trying to fit a 4 man with us 4 PUGs but somehow the MM de-synced. also assuming that 4 man that didnt make it probably got the failed to find match bit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users