Mechwarrior Living Legends

62 replies to this topic

#1 Hesperus

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

anyone else been playing alot of MWLL for crysis since the new announcements? if you arent aware of it its a pretty nifty mod for crysis that makes it pretty faithful to the original battletech feel, and even has narration for solaris arena by the guy who was doing it for MW4 :)

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/ should tide any of you over for now!

also check out mektek if you haven't already folks!

I just hope all this turns out better than the last battletech MMO :D

#2 Hellgardia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLoures, Lisboa, Portugal

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

I've been around MWLL since the first beta although lately haven't been very active thanks to some work that has to be done...

But the mod is very well built and very fun to play.

Cheers all

#3 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:55 AM

It is more than nifty, it is the bomb diggity-diggity!! But I am biased having worked for MWLL, we devs all know that these folks have been watching MWLL. You got more than a couple of years of dev to catch-up! See you at the finish line! :)

#4 Cybrid

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

MWLL. It's Mechwarrior with Crysis graphics. What else do you need?
It's awesome on many levels.

#5 Wieland Calhoun

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationThe swamps.

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

I never got around to trying out MWLL, but my enthusiasm for MW has been rekindled lately for obvious reasons. I'm going to have to try this out when I get home.

#6 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

I was tempted as hell to pick up Crysis Wars just to play MWLL. It was even on sale a few months ago for $5... I feel guilty not jumping on that.

#7 Samson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts
  • LocationLow Geosynchronous Orbit

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

I love MWLL. It's probably the best MW game I've played in the last 5 years. Hopefully the serves become more active now that people are craving a MW fix.

#8 Roh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD, US

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

No mech lab and too few configs for each mech. Not saying it wasnt fun. I got crysis just to play it. But without the mech lab I wasnt going to buy crysis warhead just to play it once crysis folks got ditched.

#9 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

View Postghost, on 01 November 2011 - 01:18 PM, said:

I was tempted as hell to pick up Crysis Wars just to play MWLL. It was even on sale a few months ago for $5... I feel guilty not jumping on that.

Oooo. so you make a post about my clan, then you use my sig.... :) , too. Ai...
well it is a great sig. Head over to mwll forums... youll see. Btw.. its quite a good mod.

#10 Wahlnutz

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

View Postghost, on 01 November 2011 - 01:18 PM, said:

For only 5 bucks? For shame on you, you should feel guilty. If I could find it that cheap I'd be playing it :)

#11 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

Really nothing more invigorating than playing as a Elemental, shooting lasers at BattleMechs in the middle of a pitch 5 vs 5 battle on very high settings... I still stop in awe at times... then start running other wise i am dead XD

No, seriously anyone who needs a fix for a semi free thing. MWLL, Crysis Wars/Warhead mod. Warhead is the game, Crysis wars is the MP side disk... really it should have been Crysis Wars with a Warhead side disk :)

You can find them decently cheap online or at big electronic stores. Well worth 5-15 dollars. Mod every number of months gets a new asset.

Oh did I mention combined arms? ASF, Tanks, Battlearmor and of course king of the field Battlemechs. This is not your assault spamming mechwarrior. Lights can be just as fun and effective, check it out, I mean you have a few months to get in shape for MWO right?

#12 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

View Postmekabuser, on 01 November 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:

Oooo. so you make a post about my clan, then you use my sig.... :) , too. Ai...
well it is a great sig. Head over to mwll forums... youll see. Btw.. its quite a good mod.

I'm a Terminator and I have been sent from the future to impersonate you. Haha, I knew I'd be called out on this eventually. Don't worry, I'll come up with something else soon. Think of it as a placeholder!

#13 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

MWLL just keeps getting better as time goes by.

If you have not, give it a try.

Cheers,

Aidan :)

#14 AlfalphaCat

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

View Postmekabuser, on 01 November 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:

Oooo. so you make a post about my clan, then you use my sig.... :D , too. Ai...

View Postghost, on 01 November 2011 - 02:15 PM, said:

I'm a Terminator and I have been sent from the future to impersonate you. Haha, I knew I'd be called out on this eventually. Don't worry, I'll come up with something else soon. Think of it as a placeholder!

Clan? Really Meka, you should be the one that is ashamed. We are a Merc UNIT, don't ever equate us with those tubbers again. *reprimand over* :D

Oh, and Ghost, Meka is probably just kidding, he might not mind others using his sig pic. It is one of my favs too. :) BTW those are the scale of the assets in MWLL. Come join us, one and all, it truly is a blast.

No 'Mechlab, big whoop, there are plenty of boats for those that like those sorts of things. Also it has Clan Omnis, who knows when MWO will release those.

have fun out there kids...

#15 Volkodav

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:36 AM

I there from the first beta - awesome, very pleasant !

#16 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:58 AM

OK, OK... I'll try it!

It better be good, or i'll swap your heads with some of my nephew's transformers toys

#17 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:09 AM

it is good. just remember there is a bit of a learning curve, and it is not a SP game where you charge head first solo and take out 4 mechs. Those 4 mechs will eat you if you go alone.

#18 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

Nice mod. Can't play it w/o buying a stinking EA games cd, and after Neef for Speed world i promised i will never ever buy something from that loathsome company, so i guess i'll keep playing MW4.

Thanks for the suggestion tho.

#19 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

The ability to actually exit your mech and run around in battle armour is a huge advance in the BT Franchise.

I'd recommend it to any BT fan.

A list of its active clans, and a link to MWLL is available at

WWW.HPGRelay.com

#20 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

There is more info on the mod over at this link: http://mwomercs.com/...dpost__p__18586

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users