• 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Bump

#24 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

The OP has a good suggestion about streaks and ECM. They work with in the existing mechanics of the game.

I would like to add that the arm ring can only be used for arm mounted streaks while torso mounted streak must use the torso cross hair to achieve lock.

#25 Zeus X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Bumping for more views.

#26 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostWraithfox, on 03 January 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

You can't use terrain because all they have to do is lock you and aim at the target box, Doesn't matter if a mountain is in the way or if god is in the way, That missile boat would still achieve the lock. As for stopping the missiles with terrain? Perhaps you spend too much of your life camping in your missile boat, To block LRMs you have to dry hump a straight up wall, other wise they just fly over the mountain and hit.

You cheeserboats are just mad you have to have to leave the safety of your mountain to hit ecm lights.

You say nerf ecm? I say nerf LRMS. Decrease range to 850m, Leave damage as is, drop the ammo count per ton from 180 to 100. This isn't tabletop, You can take your tabletop rules and cram them where the sun will never shine. I don't want a game from 20 years ago ruining my experience. The people who don't know about table top FAR outnumber the diehards that do.

Diehards from 20 years ago ruining your experience, huh? There are diehards from 2 months ago just from jumping into the Battle-Tech Universe, and that probably includes PC and Console games that use said Mechs' from said Universe. To completely pay no heed to the table top rules, which have been the base, and guidelines for every Mech-Warrior game would... guess what? Make it Hawken, or the likes? The only difference is Hawken is actually cool and fun imo, whereas so many other BT-MW ripoffs have died before they even hit the shelf. I wonder why ...

I say you keep sleeping in your Raven and stop trying to pilot it altogether, because the game you're playing used those same guidelines for the creation of this epic 'renewal' title. The fun you're experiencing now, yeah guess what? It is mainly being created by said diehards, president included. So, once again, I say stay asleep in your Raven for you know not what you speak of, Wraithfox.

Edited by Vegentius, 05 January 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#27 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

The only nerf I would suggest to ECM is this: If they can't lock, you can't lock...... i.e. If your ECM is in disrupt mode, you should be unable to achieve a target lock yourself. Whether streaks or LRM's, no target lock.
Come vote:
http://mwomercs.com/...68#entry1629968

I am not saying this is the only possible solution, just one I have heard from many different players, both old guard (those who remember the first box set) and new.
Just so it is clear, I LIKE ECM and think it has a valuable role in the battlefield, it is just a little overdone right now. I would still use it with this change.

#28 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostWolf87535, on 06 January 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

The only nerf I would suggest to ECM is this: If they can't lock, you can't lock...... i.e. If your ECM is in disrupt mode, you should be unable to achieve a target lock yourself. Whether streaks or LRM's, no target lock.
Come vote:
http://mwomercs.com/...68#entry1629968

I am not saying this is the only possible solution, just one I have heard from many different players, both old guard (those who remember the first box set) and new.
Just so it is clear, I LIKE ECM and think it has a valuable role in the battlefield, it is just a little overdone right now. I would still use it with this change.

The problem is ECM isn't even supposed to effect lock ons, but I figure the devs want to use ECM as a way to balance those technologies, having a longer lock on time forces by being affected by ECM will still prove to be a decent balancer without completely taking those weapons out of the equation, because it will grant you more time to move from cover to cover or to close with said LRM user.

And the proposed streak change will make the weapon actually require skill, a really good player will be able to regain his lock before streaks come off cool down ( perhaps a little after cool down with ECM) making it the not obvious choice for pilots to use and actually giving SRM 2/4's a purpose

#29 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

Bump

#30 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

wtb more active people in suggestions forum..

#31 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

C'mon folks with all the proposed ECM and Streak threads with ideas, whines, cries, true tears, etc., this is one of the first proposals I've agreed with. So, please jump aboard and add your two cents worth. If you do I'll give you a nickel as well as befriending you! Who can resist?!?

<S> Mech Warriors

#32 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostVegentius, on 09 January 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

C'mon folks with all the proposed ECM and Streak threads with ideas, whines, cries, true tears, etc., this is one of the first proposals I've agreed with. So, please jump aboard and add your two cents worth. If you do I'll give you a nickel as well as befriending you! Who can resist?!?

<S> Mech Warriors

pretty much

#33 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

bump

#34 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Bump for discussion

#35 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Just sayin that this fix will balance out lights and allow other variants including those without ECM to become viable... Especially the newly added spider

#36 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Bump

#37 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder