Some Proposed Streak And Ecm Changes

64 replies to this topic

#61 Chou Senwan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

I really like the idea of streaks requiring you to hold the fire button down for a second while having to keep your reticule over the target. That's an excellent design (in theory; in practice it might be infeasible against lights).

Now, I don't think it needs to be over the target's actual hit box, just within the red framed area that shows up when you press R to target something. So you've got some wiggle room, but you have to keep a tighter aim.

I dig it.

#62 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

To be quite honest the ray cast method better fit the CBT description, where the on board computer does its best to determine if the missiles will hit and prevents launch if it believes they won't. Annoying yes, but it saves on ammo which is the point of streaks.

#63 Ave Hax

• PipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

In the origonal game from wich this came mecks were not balanced head armor was8 and you died alot
so ?? ecm was impelimented differently (guardian used to take care of it in tabletop) for the new guys but the way ecm is currently working is an issue if the ecm stacks then the devs made a big mistake and teams will rule stacking streak cats etc. but every meck has hard points etc. to maintain a balance i hate and love hardpoints = there fine
And yes streaks are blocked by your own teammates theirs and terrain if you run approx 100 kph and higher
only a 100% to hit in open terrain and no one else there fyi
and what happens when we get clan tech streak 4s and 6s (get used to it sorry) i dont see a change happening
currently
if anything devs might consider a temporary added 1or 2 second lock timer to each shot fired undercover of ecm
Happy Hunting See ya in the assault spider lol

#64 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Bump

#65 Theobald Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

Focuspark is already making new threads about the exact same idea, continuously. And don't give a damn about other people comments.
Look at that :

There's nothing wrong about how lock-on works in this game. It's the entire point of streaks. The only "nerf" they need is IMO a lock reboot after each strike.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users