#21 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostBerryChunks, on 03 January 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

so where were u in GSL or online tournament, and took first place, getting money? what was your name?

Not playing? Because it was boring? Why do you care so much?

Is it that hard to believe that someone just didn't enjoy the game for a long period of time?

Edited by Ashnod, 03 January 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#22 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostAshnod, on 03 January 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Not playing? Because it was boring? Why do you care so much?

Is it that hard to believe that someone just didn't enjoy the game for a long period of time?

Lol, I don't care that much about someone who hit their personal skill ceiling in Silver league, scrubbed out and decided to say the game was easy and boring, so they quit.

Its more like....

"This game is easy, hey, I could win 50 dollars for every hour I play, or maybe I could win 100,000 dollars in GSL. Since this game is so easy, I can rake in the cash".

You said the game was too boring because it was easy. If it's so easy for you, you could've won large stacks of cash just playing something you find so easy.

I'm saying your logic about your reasons are flawed, and really appear like a variation of

http://www2.tech.pur...ws_of_power.htm

Law 36

Disdain Things you cannot have: Ignoring them is the best Revenge

By acknowledging a petty problem you give it existence and credibility. The more attention you pay an enemy, the stronger you make him; and a small mistake is often made worse and more visible when you try to fix it. It is sometimes best to leave things alone. If there is something you want but cannot have, show contempt for it. The less interest you reveal, the more superior you seem.

In other words, saying "nah it was easy so I got bored and quit" is more likely a psychological defense mechanism because you suck, and less of a truth that you had the opportunity to make lots of money for something "so easy", and denied it. If the former, you're no different than most perpetual losers in life, if the latter, you're insane and can't make sensible financial decisions, so you probably don't care about having a good job either.

That would be my point. you attempt to downplay the game because you cant handle it, because I honestly can't believe someone would be given a Free Ride and throw it away.

Edited by BerryChunks, 03 January 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#23 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Ashnods not bad.

Btw Berry, what law of power should I be googling to find out what it means when someone has to wave epeen on a video game forum? You say he's using a psychological defense mechanism cuz he sucks. What are you using? A psychological defense mechanism to validate your opinion as not only more important than his but also he sucks at the game in addition? Really???

Edited by Soy, 03 January 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#24 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostSoy, on 03 January 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Ashnods not bad.

Btw Berry, what law of power should I be googling to find out what it means when someone has to wave epeen on a video game forum? You say he's using a psychological defense mechanism cuz he sucks. What are you using? A psychological defense mechanism to validate your opinion as not only more important than his but also he sucks at the game in addition? Really???

Ironic, considering he was waving it.

"oh its not that hard game to play, I got bored of it".

he avoided a direct question as to his league. He also claims it wasn't a hard game. Given what I know of sc2 (a lot), he must not have gotten to a very high league, fumbled around in it a while, and got bored because his skill plateaued.

You should youtube some games of people trolling bronze. They play so slow, so badly, then they blame the other player for being "cheap, cheesy, cheating, noob" or better yet that the game is "imbalanced, boring, bad", and refuse to accept that they are really the worst players out there. It'd be funny if it wasn't sad. My point is that There will be people like that at all levels, and it's easy to say you got bored of a game when you feel you can't progress anymore.

Im only using my years of experience and knowledge of people and games and sc2, to draw conclusions based on the behavior he is exhibiting.

MWO is the current best mech game out there, for all of its BETA faults, which I believe they will fix soon.

Edited by BerryChunks, 03 January 2013 - 06:53 PM.

#25 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

I don't play Raven 3Ls, got bored of them

#26 Felix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

MWO is a solid "meh" when it comes to free to play games.

And that is being generous.

#27 ApocalypseNow

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

I must say, this game has truly hit it's mark when it comes to delivering on it's potential. Many mmo:s are struggling to find it's "voice" in the ether, I've tried most of them, but this one just does it's thing and it works! The feeling of stomping about in an ungainly, cumbersome steel monster never seem to get old. And trying out new outfits to get this or that parameter just right is, in it's infancy, a metagame that continues in your mind even after you log out. Imagine someone adding meaningful context and story to this, then BEST-GAME-EVER is not far of.

#28 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostApocalypseNow, on 03 January 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

I must say, this game has truly hit it's mark when it comes to delivering on it's potential. Many mmo:s are struggling to find it's "voice" in the ether, I've tried most of them, but this one just does it's thing and it works! The feeling of stomping about in an ungainly, cumbersome steel monster never seem to get old. And trying out new outfits to get this or that parameter just right is, in it's infancy, a metagame that continues in your mind even after you log out. Imagine someone adding meaningful context and story to this, then BEST-GAME-EVER is not far of.

Yeah exactly. A lot of Battletech is in the story-line, so I guess I am seeing it in that light as well, especially since the politics are so intricate. Also I complain about TT a lot but it is pretty darned balanced.

#29 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostBerryChunks, on 03 January 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

Ironic, considering he was waving it.

"oh its not that hard game to play, I got bored of it".

he avoided a direct question as to his league. He also claims it wasn't a hard game. Given what I know of sc2 (a lot), he must not have gotten to a very high league, fumbled around in it a while, and got bored because his skill plateaued.

You should youtube some games of people trolling bronze. They play so slow, so badly, then they blame the other player for being "cheap, cheesy, cheating, noob" or better yet that the game is "imbalanced, boring, bad", and refuse to accept that they are really the worst players out there. It'd be funny if it wasn't sad. My point is that There will be people like that at all levels, and it's easy to say you got bored of a game when you feel you can't progress anymore.

Im only using my years of experience and knowledge of people and games and sc2, to draw conclusions based on the behavior he is exhibiting.

MWO is the current best mech game out there, for all of its BETA faults, which I believe they will fix soon.

To assume knowledge of why another player plays, or what they gain satisfaction from doing while playing, is futile and arbitrary.

Especially if said player you're speculating about explicitly stated their reasoning as being "bored".

I'm just saying, busting out laws of power is kinda redundant at that point isn't it?

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users