#1 Pr8Dator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

I got hit by a single AC round... what appears to be an AC10 or AC20, a heavy one, and then all my armor except cockpit turned yellow... does that mean AC rounds actually cause splash damage? How is that damage calculated then?

#2 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts
  • LocationHall of the Valkyries

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostPr8Dator, on 03 January 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

I got hit by a single AC round... what appears to be an AC10 or AC20, a heavy one, and then all my armor except cockpit turned yellow... does that mean AC rounds actually cause splash damage? How is that damage calculated then?

LB AC10 rounds are like shotgun shells. They fire 10 rounds that do 1 damage each, I believe.

#3 a rabid chihuahua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 378 posts
  • Locationat top of jump arc ..and out of fuel!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

It may have been and LBX-10 ,they do fire like a shotgun and yes it is 1 pt of dam per shot where it lands.However I'm not sure but I heard theres a spread for damage on the AC/20 also ,so all of it's damage isn't lumped into one location. Not sure on this though.

#4 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostBlane, on 03 January 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

It may have been and LBX-10 ,they do fire like a shotgun and yes it is 1 pt of dam per shot where it lands.However I'm not sure but I heard theres a spread for damage on the AC/20 also ,so all of it's damage isn't lumped into one location. Not sure on this though.

That's garbage, if true.

#5 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts
  • LocationHall of the Valkyries

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostBlane, on 03 January 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

If that's the case, I'd assume that the AC20 round is so large that its nearly impossible to hit one part of a mech with it unless its a massive part of the mech like the Atlas torso.

#6 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

It's not true. I use an AC20 all the time and it only hits one location. Same with PPCs, even though people were freaking out about "splash" damage not long ago with those. I think what you do see sometimes is using multiple of a weapon in different locations and the combination of convergence and shot angle cause separate rounds to hit separate locations, when they expect everything to hit the dot.

This case was almost certainly a LB-X 10, though it could have also been a SRM pack that the OP didn't notice.

#7 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

View PostPr8Dator, on 03 January 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

It appeared that way here:

http://mwomercs.com/...damage-anymore/
  • Gave the "bullets" used for the autocannons, gauss rifle, and PPCs a 0.25 m collision radius (it was previously 0, a single point)
From the patch notes received on July 12th.

But then they said:

We want to clarify the situation.

There was a confusion with the OP and the Game Master. The answer provided is based on previous patch notes from the 25th June where the following modification was made:

This present situation is different and as Paul stated, no such change was made recently and we are investigating this report again as it might be an actual bug.

So who knows.

Edited by Asakara, 03 January 2013 - 11:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users