Lethal's Weapon Range / Dmg Chart

14 replies to this topic

#1 LethalRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Hello,

I've been getting this question a lot lately and someone in a previous thread asked for a dmg / range chart for each weapon so I decided to share the one I created for my own use.

The 100%, 50%, 25%, 10% columns indicate the maximum range required in order to do that amount of damage.

So for example looking at this chart you would know that if you shoot a target closer than 810m you will do at least 50% damage with a PPC.

Posted Image

Happy Hunting.

Edited by LethalRose, 04 January 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#2 Finnigan

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

Great chart, thanks for posting. Quick question though, do you have information about the damage reduction for PPC's under 90m? It still does damage, I'm just curious as to how much.

#3 LethalRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

I have no idea. If you email support they would probably give you an answer. I would guess its a linear scale starting at 100% dmg at 90m and decreasing from there. But thats a complete guess.

#4 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

So energy weapons do not putter out to half damage at 1m less than maximum range? I always thought the Medium Laser was dealing half damage until you went past 540m.

#5 Krazy Kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostFinnigan, on 05 January 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

Great chart, thanks for posting. Quick question though, do you have information about the damage reduction for PPC's under 90m? It still does damage, I'm just curious as to how much.

View PostLethalRose, on 05 January 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

I have no idea. If you email support they would probably give you an answer. I would guess its a linear scale starting at 100% dmg at 90m and decreasing from there. But thats a complete guess.

True. Linear drop off. Half minimum range = half damage. Point blank = 1 damage.

#6 LethalRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostLaserAngel, on 05 January 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

So energy weapons do not putter out to half damage at 1m less than maximum range? I always thought the Medium Laser was dealing half damage until you went past 540m.

I wish it worked that way.

#7 MagicHamsta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

View PostFinnigan, on 05 January 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

Practically? ~0.5 damage. You be better off attempting to ram the enemy mech while you reposition to shoot at other valid targets instead.

Me would say somewhere between a machinegun and a small laser as it can dent paint.

Source: Me has used flamers/machine guns/PPCs for a while now.
Me even managed to kill a cicada with just a flamer. (Took...forever....& no, he wasn't afk, me legged him with and cored out his CT with lasers to red then started roasting him which still took forever.)

Edited by MagicHamsta, 06 January 2013 - 12:52 AM.

#8 ltwally

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 420 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

I'm curious how you came to these figures...?

Assuming that they're right, they seem to be a straight-line.
I wrote up the following to cover their behaviour:

Ballistics: Damage[x] == ((2R - x) / R) * 0.5D + 0.5D
Energy: Damage[x] == ((2R - x) / R) * D
x = current range, within minimum and maximum. (outside min/max the formulas break)
R = listed range
D = listed damage

There is certainly the room for error in my formulae, though they hit every point on your chart.

I also put them into Excel and came up with these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope the graphs are useful. I make no claim to being an Excel guru.

#9 LethalRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

View Postltwally, on 08 January 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

I'm curious how you came to these figures...?

Search the forums it is generally accepted that weapon damage falls off at a constant rate after you hit the max range.

#10 ltwally

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 420 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostLethalRose, on 08 January 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

Search the forums it is generally accepted that weapon damage falls off at a constant rate after you hit the max range.

So, it's an assumption? A community-endorsed educated guess? Not from any kind of testing, or extractions for game files or anything?

I'm not complaining or criticising. But it's good to know where the info originates.

#11 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostLethalRose, on 05 January 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

I wish it worked that way.
No, I was more concerned about the effectiveness of the Medium Laser at range. Some users wanted more damage nerfs beyond optimum range for the Medium Laser and I was under the impression that it hit 2.5 damage at 539m instead of near 0. This somewhat ties in with DHS 2.0.

#12 Valrock

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationKalgoorlie, Western Australia

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

View Postltwally, on 08 January 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

I hope the graphs are useful. I make no claim to being an Excel guru.

Very much so, easy even at a glance to tell that energy weapons lose a higher damage component when over range than ballistics do. Of course it's a bit harder to hit with ballistics at long range, but still very interesting.

#13 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

View Postltwally, on 08 January 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

So, it's an assumption? A community-endorsed educated guess? Not from any kind of testing, or extractions for game files or anything?

I'm not complaining or criticising. But it's good to know where the info originates.

Not quite an assumption. It was written by the Devs in the Closed Beta forums that this was how the range drop-off worked. I am not sure how much people tested this, however. (It's not like the devs always know what their game is doing, think of the DHS situation or the laser duration affecting heat production for pulse lasers).

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 08 January 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#14 BruteLeo

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Nice charts guys. good work!

#15 ltwally

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 420 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostValrock, on 08 January 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

Very much so, easy even at a glance to tell that energy weapons lose a higher damage component when over range than ballistics do. Of course it's a bit harder to hit with ballistics at long range, but still very interesting.

What really grabbed me was the AC/20 vs Gauss. I knew that Gauss had a massive advantage beforehand... but after seeing it drawn out, it really hit me just how sucktastic AC/20 is in comparison.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users