64 replies to this topic

#61 Bogsveigir

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 82 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

I love piloting Lights. I am looking forward to collisions returning. Light pilots that have never had to deal with the collisions and knockdown will complain, and either learn to be a better pilot, move to another chassis, or troll the forums and complain how it is broken and will need to be removed or else they will never play the game ever ever again.

. . . oops, sorry, flashback for a moment.

That being said, I think it will be funnier watching the fast Centurions, Hunchies, Dragons, and Awesomes that run into the Atlai I've been piloting lately . . . Especially when they fall down go boom.

The only thing I hope for with the return of collision/knockdown is to not be knocked into 3rd-person view during the get-up phase. It felt jarring, awkward, and clumsy. Ok, the second thing is the fragility of the legs of the lights. . . why can a small bump make the legs of a Light mech take serious damage when an Atlas can walk off the high bridge in the city and take little or no damage? Force = Mass x Acceleration. The Atlas should take more damage, considering that acceleration is a constant (32 feet per second per second) The variable is tonnage, which means that a larger mech falling the same distance would take much more damage. That doesn't even get into Lore, where mechs could jump from dropships without damage. I'll leave-out the Macross shoulder-rolls and leaps, etc. . . I thought those were tacky at the time, more-so in a game.

#62 The Mecha Streisand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 07 January 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

MALICE is almost right here. Once the unfair advantages are corrected, Only the truly good Light Pilots will remain, and they will still deserve respect.

Another reason, possibly the best reason, that I am practicing my butt off in my RVN-3L. When there is no more tin-foil-hat conspiracy by PGI about which to complain, I'd like to still be able to do the light mech job, and to do it reasonably well, for a good lance or company. Big'n'Slow just ain't my style...

#63 Bogsveigir

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 82 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

In regards to Lag-Shielded Lights . . . It happens to the Mediums, Heavies, and Assaults as well. I've shot at a Stalker, from a fairly close 200m, with Gauss, ML, and LL, and it would take hits, and then not take a large number, then take hits again. I would see the animations for the impacts on the mech and on the 'paper-doll', but his/her % wouldn't drop.

Lag is lag . . . You either play around it, or find a game you can play on your own lan.

#64 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostAym, on 08 January 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

You may have misread, he said the mech (therefore the streaks) was good at light killing. That's a fair statement. He may have implied further on that he had some hand in it when he said he would come for the assaults... But then again all of my Atlai builds have fun with little guys trying to "knock on my back door."

I read him correctly. He was saying that he was very good at killing light mechs, with streaks. Whup-dee-do.

If you're a light, and are relying upon using streaks to kill other lights, then you are not "very good".

#65 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

View Post30plusRAbbi, on 08 January 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

Another reason, possibly the best reason, that I am practicing my butt off in my RVN-3L. When there is no more tin-foil-hat conspiracy by PGI about which to complain, I'd like to still be able to do the light mech job, and to do it reasonably well, for a good lance or company. Big'n'Slow just ain't my style...

Power to you 30+! Good Light Pilots are a joy to have on ones team. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users