Help With Mech Loadout

3 replies to this topic

#1 LiqMat

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

So I bought and configured a mech. It had a std 280 engine. I sold that and bought a std 340. Being a newbie I realized I did not need that much engine so I sold it and tried to buy back the 280, but now it says it is too heavy??? I can only buy one below the 280 and that takes up my max weight. What is up with that. Where the 340 took my max weight now a 270 does without changing anything else out. What am I missing? Thanks.

Update: Nevermind... I just realized I was dealing with XL engines and not Std. My bad. Still learning.

Edited by LiqMat, 07 January 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#2 Loqgar

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Learning to use this site, http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ (click on the variant to go to the mech lab) will save you a lot of money.

Edited by Loqgar, 07 January 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#3 UloPe

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

I would also recommend never to sell any equipment of significant value (i.e. more than about 200k). The loss is just too big and you never know when you might need it later on.

#4 superteds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

selling anything in general is a bad idea. unless you have like 30MLAS and you need the space, you're only in effect throwing away half the cost of the item.

with engines you can generally keep one of every XL and hotswap, and 1-2 of the standards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users