All About Centurions (Guide)

43 replies to this topic

#41 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:48 PM

Oh, I forgot why I was here. I use an AH build that is a lot like knightsljx's (I drop my speed and armor a little bit to get another full ton of SRM ammo, basically, but otherwise mostly the same). Using that build I had two really excellent matches tonight where I got five kills in each match -- in one of those, a loss, I had the highest match score of either team. I can't claim it was in any way my skill -- it's just a very awesome mech. It's one of very few medium mechs where you can successfully go face-to-face with an assault or heavy and walk away from their smoking wreckage and still be able to fight on.

#42 Haunted Noob

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

Has anyone tried a Lo-Wang with a UAC20 and a light engine? On paper it looks like it would work well but im short of credits and dont want to waste much of my starting hoard on a dead-end.

edit to add smurfy link...hope it works. YEN-LO-WANG

Edited by Haunted Noob, 18 August 2017 - 02:19 PM.

#43 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:42 PM

View PostHaunted Noob, on 18 August 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

Has anyone tried a Lo-Wang with a UAC20 and a light engine? On paper it looks like it would work well but im short of credits and dont want to waste much of my starting hoard on a dead-end.

edit to add smurfy link...hope it works. YEN-LO-WANG

Since the Nu-Tech came out, this is how I've been running my YEN-LO-WANG, and she works really well... a little slower than what I used to run, but it's a nice trade off from instant death on ST loss. Just got to twist and shoot like normal and use the entire left side to shield.

Old YEN-LO-WANG

#44 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

I'm not a huge fan of taking LFE or XL when a mech can run head or CT weapons. I do it once in a while, but only after serious consideration. Being able to keep fighting with only a CT, head, and one leg has won otherwise lost matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users