Ask The Devs 30 - How Much Fail?

60 replies to this topic

Poll: Ask the Devs 30 (139 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think about the new format?

1. It sucks. (44 votes [31.65%])

Percentage of vote: 31.65%

2. It rocks. (26 votes [18.71%])

Percentage of vote: 18.71%

3. Whatever. (69 votes [49.64%])

Percentage of vote: 49.64%

How do you think it will go?

1. They'll give better answers than ever before. (17 votes [12.23%])

Percentage of vote: 12.23%

2. They'll give satisfactory answers. (42 votes [30.22%])

Percentage of vote: 30.22%

3. They'll give answers that make me as sad as always. (37 votes [26.62%])

Percentage of vote: 26.62%

4. I'd turn it into a drinking game if I didn't think it'd kill me. (43 votes [30.94%])

Percentage of vote: 30.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Heeden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostOrzorn, on 11 January 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

I don't think you can really blame people (I mean, you can, but you can't blame them really hard) when there are pressing issues that aren't answered, and then half of the questions are extremely inconclusive or "we're working on it". If those are the types of answers they're going to give, they might as well not bother answering at all, which is why I think 5 questions is a better solution. Answer the important, pressing questions, and leave the rest to simmer a little, or be answered in off-handed banter. The questions about whiskey and pancakes were silly and fun for a while, but upset a lot of people when we've got serious issues at hand. Folks feel that this is an open beta, we're trying to do our job as testers and give feedback, and it might feel to some as though its being ignored or unanswered.

Regardless, at the very least, 5 questions will be much more succinct.

I very much do blame people. There's no point in pressing issues if the devs don't have an answer they want to give yet and all the QQ and whine will make them less likely to share their ideas until they are 100% certain it will be implemented that way (otherwise the QQ will be magnified with people claiming "broken promises").

The forums could be a place for feed-back and banter with the devs, possibly with them sharing some of their thought on how the game is progressing, but with all the whining cry-babies the devs would be better off telling us as little as possible to avoid the forums getting crudded up even more.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users