Addition of NHUA Play Mode

24 replies to this topic

#1 THOTHMW4

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNewport Beach, CA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:44 AM

I would suggest NHUA.
Now I know there are a lot of pilots out there that don't care for NHUA but for those of us who prefer to battle without having to conserve constantly, which may I add slows the play down to a crawl to the point that pilots must hide to regenerate, cool down, or get left with no alternative but commit suicide due to no ammo left so you can start fresh ammo and cool mech, really slows the game down tremendously, at a loss of points for your team. In MW4, NHUA mode was by far the MOST played mode in the game from the start and today, is pretty much the only servers left being played now. There were more NHUA servers in the list than non-NHUA servers for a reason. Non-NHUA, means, hide well, shoot less...way less. BORING...sell disk on eBay, find a new game. NHUA did not ruin the game, it went away due to Microsoft (FASA), the maker of the game no longer supporting the game and MEKTEK although doing what it could to revitalize the game, was a pain in the a** to update to the point that most pilots purely gave up. That's what killed the game.

NHUA is the fast and furious, most compelling mode...those who are against it, normally just don't take the time to learn how to build out a mech. Most of these pilots are passer by's, play the game every once in a while. Not the core mech warrior pilot who plays regularly, spends the time to learn how to build out a good formidable mech, comes in with seasoned piloting skills to make a name for himself or herself amongst the greats.

The pilot who favors NHUA is by far a more piloting skilled warrior than non-NHUA pilots due to the faster learning curve that's derived from the play mode. The mode itself doesn't make you a better pilot, its piloting skills alone that makes you a better pilot. More sustained play action means more time perfecting piloting techniques, makes you a better pilot!

On large open maps, last thing you want to do is run out of ammo, picked to pieces and left for dead in some remote part of a map while on a long hunt.., all you can do is head for the lions den and hope that the opposing team finishes you off... that's if, you don't spend the remainder of the game, just getting there...and by the way, overheated...shut down, go a little farther... shut down...sell disk on eBay, buy another game.

Another point I'd like to mention is reality within the game itself. We are talking about MECHS! A Mech is a futuristic entity that's taken hundreds or thousands of years to evolve into what they are to be in the game, not today's fossil concept that although we are piloting machines, we have not conquered something so simple as the ability to control heat to the point of non-existence and ammo? Let's face it... metal ballistic projectiles (bullets) should be a relic in the age of the mech. We can build a 100ton, 100ft high walking, war machine with jumpjet abilities.., armed with bullets? Come on. That's just not realistic. Energy weapons and missile technologies are mech era weaponry, and as far as I'm concerned, bullets should be left out of the game... for the sake of realism.

The guys in NHUA are always helpful to noobs because we want them to come into the NHUA servers and learn and perfect piloting techniques. It's the pilot's piloting skills that make a warrior great. Noobs in the beginning need to come up to speed quickly enough that they don't get bored with losing all the time. NHUA offers a more sustained approach to learning how to brawl and hunt long distances. Not to mention, close quarter brawler maps are worthless in a non-NHUA environment. See those maps rarely played!

One last thing, NHUA is a play mode. Give us guys who do like NHUA a place to play with others who prefer the same. If you don't like NHUA, then go to a non-NHUA server, its that simple. You don't have to play in the NHUA servers. Go get tired of the game, come back and play with us! Its a play mode, not the only mode.

If NHUA is added to the game, THOTH will help you learn.

Peace out!
Mech Warriors RULE!

THOTH

Edited by THOTHMW4, 28 May 2012 - 01:46 AM.

#2 Rustic Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCastile Central HQ

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

So, "Playing like it is meant to be sucks", huh?

"People in NUHA know how to build a mech" "The other are casuals" "Guys at NHUA are more helpful than the rest" (BTW: it is not "noobs", that is a peyorative word. The correct term is newbie). Nice.

It seems to me like a heavily biased view of MW4's situation, or just plain wrong. Not to mention insulting for the people that actually care about ammo and heat, you know, things that happen.

Also: The combination of ingame economy, matchmaker and centralized servers means that there will be an standarizacion-Heat on, Limited ammo-and that gimmicks like NHUA play will be restricted to training rooms or something similar that are not going to have an impact on economy, which means that if you want to progress in the game and buy all the "cool stuff" you are going to have to play the "boring" regular game.

Sorry.

Edited by Rustic Dude, 28 May 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#3 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

Go play Hawken?

#4 thy

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:35 AM

View PostTHOTHMW4, on 28 May 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

The pilot who favors NHUA is by far a more piloting skilled warrior than non-NHUA pilots due to the faster learning curve that's derived from the play mode. The mode itself doesn't make you a better pilot, its piloting skills alone that makes you a better pilot. More sustained play action means more time perfecting piloting techniques, makes you a better pilot!

This ... You are kidding, right?

Not being able to handle Heat and limited Ammo makes you a better Pilot? ...

#5 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:40 AM

View PostHayden, on 28 May 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

Go play Hawken?

Nah, they also use outdated tech like missiles and bullets, and I'm fairly certain they use ammo for those too... OMG!!! :huh:

#6 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:41 AM

View PostSesambrot, on 28 May 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

Nah, they also use outdated tech like missiles and bullets, and I'm fairly certain they use ammo for those too... OMG!!! ;)

I'm gonna go sit myself in a corner and cry.

View PostSesambrot, on 28 May 2012 - 02:44 AM, said:

Aw, I didn't wanna make you cry!
Come on cheer up, maybe Reign of Thunder can provide you with what you want... :huh:

I won't even dignify that with a separate post ;P

Edited by Hayden, 28 May 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#7 ShoveI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:44 AM

View PostTHOTHMW4, on 28 May 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

One last thing, NHUA is a play mode. Give us guys who do like NHUA a place to play with others who prefer the same. If you don't like NHUA, then go to a non-NHUA server, its that simple.

You're whole argument is summed up by that short snippet. The rest of it is just biased opinion. This game is a SIMULATION, not a(n) FPS. The whole point of the game is to take it a little slower, use tactics, watch your ammo, watch your heat and not to mindlessly throw yourself into the fray with, or without the rest of your team in the hopes that you can out-zerg your opposition.

That being said, I wouldn't be against NHUA as long as experience, money, mechs, pretty much everything is kept seperate from the base game. I'm sure there are a few more people that would like to see NHUA implemented but honestly I don't see it happening the way you envision it. The devs have hinted that there may be a match type where you get to take more than one mech (four maybe?) so you can drop it into combat once your ride is destroyed.

Give the game a chance the way it's intended to be played and you might just enjoy it even more than if you had NHUA.

Edit: grammar, punctuation and spelling and I know I still missed a lot lol.

Edited by ShoveI, 28 May 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#8 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:44 AM

View PostHayden, on 28 May 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

I'm gonna go sit myself in a corner and cry.

Aw, I didn't wanna make you cry!
Come on cheer up, maybe Reign of Thunder can provide you with what you want... :huh:

#9 Harabecw

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:53 AM

No. Worst thing that can happen to a BT *Sim*.
You don't want to play MWO, you want to play a FPS with robot skins.

#10 Khorneholio

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:56 AM

View PostHayden, on 28 May 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

Go play Hawken?

Beat me to it... I guess I have to come up with my own snarky comment...

I bet you loved Mechassault?

#11 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostHayden, on 28 May 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

I won't even dignify that with a separate post ;P

Ahaha!!! I almost pissed myself when I noticed that... :huh:

On a serious note though, I usually despise trolling, and I have no problem with adding a NHUA-mode to the game as long as it has minimal impact on the metagame, but the way people who are asking for that, go about it, depicting themselves as "superior", deserves nothing else!

Is it a crime to troll the troll?

Edited by Sesambrot, 28 May 2012 - 02:58 AM.

#12 Khorneholio

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostShoveI, on 28 May 2012 - 02:44 AM, said:

You're whole argument is summed up by that short snippet. The rest of it is just biased opinion. This game is a SIMULATION, not a(n) FPS. The whole point of the game is to take it a little slower, use tactics, watch your ammo, watch your heat and not to mindlessly throw yourself into the fray with, or without the rest of your team in the hopes that you can out-zerg your opposition.

That being said, I wouldn't be against NHUA as long as experience, money, mechs, pretty much everything is kept seperate from the base game. I'm sure there are a few more people that would like to see NHUA implemented but honestly I don't see it happening the way you envision it. The devs have hinted that there may be a match type where you get to take more than one mech (four maybe?) so you can drop it into combat once your ride is destroyed.

Give the game a chance the way it's intended to be played and you might just enjoy it even more than if you had NHUA.

Edit: grammar, punctuation and spelling and I know I still missed a lot lol.

I totally see where you're coming from, and it seems like an "everyone can have their cake and eat it too" situation... but it's really not. I dislike the idea of separate NHUA servers for the same reason COD and BF3 never should have added "Hardcore mode". The playerbase is finite. Every time you fraction this playerbase into separate pools the matchmaking, and thusly the play experience, suffers for it. This also goes for selling optional map packs.

#13 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:11 AM

View PostSesambrot, on 28 May 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

Ahaha!!! I almost pissed myself when I noticed that... :huh:

On a serious note though, I usually despise trolling, and I have no problem with adding a NHUA-mode to the game as long as it has minimal impact on the metagame, but the way people who are asking for that, go about it, depicting themselves as "superior", deserves nothing else!

Is it a crime to troll the troll?

A crime? Naw, but you shouldn't feed them anyway.

I'm completely against "seperate" anything. The game should be one massive, unified kill-fest where everyone has to worry about ammo and heat and torso twisting and we all play together.

#14 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:23 AM

Sry for my n00bness again...what´s NHUA?

#15 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

View PostAdrienne Vorton, on 28 May 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

Sry for my n00bness again...what´s NHUA?

No Heat Unlimited Ammo. I mean, let's be honest, if you even have one of those the game looses any meaning.

#16 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

NO.

#17 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:31 AM

View PostHayden, on 28 May 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

No Heat Unlimited Ammo. I mean, let's be honest, if you even have one of those the game looses any meaning.

well..ahm..okay...thanks for info and to the OP....ARE U INSANE? This is mechwarrior not a frakkin arcadeshooter...

/ragemode off

#18 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

I played (and loved) NHUA in previous games. And though it's true that it does play as a more fast-paced MW, I personally feel that once needs to be more familiar with HOLA restrictions in order to really build an amazing Mech.

With NHUA, you just pile on weapons, with no concern for the limiting factors of heat and ammo levels. All things considered, I enjoy the tactical aspects of HOLA a lot more then NHUA, but that's just a personal preference.

#19 Havoc2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

This thread again?

#20 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:05 AM