Fast High Efficiency Brawler Atlas?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Depe

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

I was going to buy an Atlas and i'm looking for a build that suits my playstyle, i came out with a D-DC with high heat efficiency so it can provide a constant stream of damage even on prolonged fights and the fastest standard engine so it's faster and reliable (64.2 km/h for an Atlas is quite a lot and not having an XL engine makes him last longer) but it has a low alpha damage, 55 (low for an Atlas). Is that thing viable as a brawler or should i try something different?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d97cbdd91c7e174

#2 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

You really can afford to loose some heat efficiency and add some sort of ballistic. You can still attain 100% efficiency and add some more bang.

An Ultra AC5 perhaps...

Personally I limit my Atlai at 350 engines. It gets you the 4 internal heat sinks, and the extra 3.5 Tons could be better spent.

#3 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

I would go for some pulse lasers, personally. Right now, you're riding in an Atlas with the same firepower as a medium mech. You have more armour, but you're also a lot bigger and slower, so you're going to get hit more.

I think it's a very interesting idea, I've been toying with this idea too, but I really think you need some pulse lasers or large lasers if you want to do some damage and still have longevity in a long match.

And as TheStrider says, the biggest engine is rarely a good choice.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 12 January 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#4 Depe

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

You are right dropping to a 350 engine and some DHS less i can fit an UAC5 with 2 tons of ammo and the loss in speed is minimal.

#5 Orgasmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

You have less firepower than a Hunchback 4SP, and the 4SP can still run circles around you all day despite your "fast build". Atlas' role on the battlefield is the juggernaut, not a brawler. You will never be "fast", since you can't go above 65kph. You will never outrun or outturn anything except the Stalker, provided the other guy isn't a terrible pilot.

Frontline / Brawler Role
Brawlers are considered to have less mobility than some other combatants, such as Skirmishers, but compensate for this with shorter-range weapons, heavy armor and a nasty reputation. Most often assigned to assault missions, they also serve to protect the slower Juggernauts.

Juggernaut Role
Juggernaut units are designed with weaponry and armor foremost, speed being a minor consideration, because all these 'Mechs need to do is advance slowly but steadily in order to break a line. They are rarely fielded because they are easy to outmaneuver, when they reach the battlefield something is going to die. When paired with Skirmishers and Strikers they can be very devastating.

http://mwowiki.org/w...le=Role_Warfare

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users