Divorce

23 replies to this topic

#1 Excalibur772

Rookie

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

So... if the game is set in 3048, but Steiner and Davion aren't unified - did Hanse and Melissa have a divorce?

Ekk - I can only imagine how much more that would ***** up Katrina... Poor Victor, too. He'll never lead the 10th Lyran Guard. Ah well, Heavy Guards are the way to go anyways.

#2 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

Maybe the FedCom isn't split yet in the timeline, and the dev's are just preparing for the eventual split

#3 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

Just minor details :)

Look at it this way... we get our Sword and Sunburst back.. our Pound... get to be called Federated Suns... wont need to change our scout lances to contain at leased 4 Assault mechs. :D

#4 Bob Marley

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

You're calling yourself for a great house, not a political entity. That being the case, it is perfectly reasonable do declare yourself for Stiner/Davion rather than FedCom as a whole. How much you care for this situation is up to you and possibly your unit.

#5 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

If I remember the fluff right (IIRFR?) Even though they were FedCom you still had units that unofficially thought themselves Lyran or Feddie first.

#6 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

View PostAtlas3060, on 04 November 2011 - 07:33 PM, said:

If I remember the fluff right (IIRFR?) Even though they were FedCom you still had units that unofficially thought themselves Lyran or Feddie first.

Fluff wise..

The Federated Commonwealth would officially come into being once Victor Steiner Davion would become the leader of both parts of the realm. After Hanse died in 3052, Victor became the leader of the Federated Suns, although his mother Melissa was willing to step down he rejected that. After she was assassinated in 3055 the Federated Commonwealth was officially created.

Lasted 2 years till the Katrina Steiner, who had her mother murdered (unknown at the time), split off the Lyran part of the Commonwealth.

After that she wormed her way to the throne of the Federated Suns part, while Victor was away to break a clan to show them that messing with the Inner Sphere would have consequences.

Katrina overreached by killing Victor's sweetheart, and trying to change the Federated Suns part into a 2nd Lyran Commonwealth.

After that Victors future wife showed up kicked him in the ***, and he went off and showed Katrina and her sycophants why its not a good idea to anger House Davion.

In the end Katrine got carted off to what was left of clan wolf, seems some clanner liked her.... And we became the Federated Suns again. Don't think many cried over that last part.

Okay ill stop rambling....

Edited by Qin, 04 November 2011 - 09:01 PM.

#7 trycksh0t

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

@Qin,

I'm a bit rusty on my IS history, but that sounds about right.

#8 CrescentHawk

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

Nice summary. I would almost feel sorry for Vlad for taking Katherine in after Victor showed her whats what.

#9 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:31 AM

I think it's a separate listing for the game to help with balance. Having Davion and Steiner be the FedCom would make us control waaay more space and manpower then any of the other factions by default.

We'll probably be able to work with House Steiner or something, but it's probably split to make it so each faction has a strong sense of individual identity, and to keep the player base spread out a bit more.

Also, probably to set up sides when the FedCom Civil War happens.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 05 November 2011 - 06:32 AM.

#10 Grafix TM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationWorld Traveler

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:32 AM

This would be a good topic under the Fan Fiction section :)

#11 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

Qin is spot on, with his explanation, althought the last bit should changed to :

Victor and Phelan decided to ditch Katrina with Vlad Ward so he wouldn't restart the drive on Terra.

Edited by stormwolf, 06 November 2011 - 07:21 AM.

#12 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:54 AM

With the WOB going jihad on the IS.... maybe we should have kept her. Would have probably be more cost effective :)

#13 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

I think that the two realms finally unite either just before the clan invasion. Yes, Hanse and Melissa get married a lot earlier, but the uniting of the two realms takes a while to get underway (A whole lot of bureaucracy restructuring when you've got billions, if not trillions, of people to manage). Even when the FedCom was united, there were still internal tensions based on past loyalties.

#14 T S Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationLuzerne

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

Then why would the dev's ***** up the timeline from the actual timeline that is based in the game?

#15 XPingtronX

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 5 posts
  • LocationKathil

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:59 AM

Technically they have everything by House and not nation and there was never House Steiner-Davion also the above poster who noted that the FedCom did not come into being until 3055 is correct

#16 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:49 AM

I thought for all intents and purposes the FedCom started at the start of the 4SW when Hanse promised his newly wed bride the CapCon during his wedding toast (with all the rulers present IIRC) and I remember the maps in the era being one big color. I am double checking sarna.net and I see this:

"The accession of Archon-Prince Victor Steiner Davion in 3055 formally brought the nation into being, though in practice it had existed since before the Clan Invasion."

More importantly:

"The Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth was the combined military of the AFFS and LCAF. By early 3041 AFFC High Command formally accepted control of the two organizations, and by 3042 the last vestiges of both militaries was discarded. By 3050 the AFFC was the largest military organization in the Inner Sphere, with a BattleMech strength of 256 regiments and 1 battalion."

So by our games time, they are one army. This matters more for us in the game then the formalities of the political structures. Even before '55, it was effectively one nation with two big regional heads of state.

I bet once the game starts we will just not be able to have Davion vs. Steiner matches. Like it was noted above, it is listed by House, not by nation. However, any kind of match between the two houses would not really makes sense at this point in the universe.

#17 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:56 AM

Evem though we are on paper one army, and we wear the same uniforms mostly, so far i know there are still 2 command centers. Although with the size of that State, that is no surprise. Hanse had hoped that the next generation would be more open to the concept of being 1 big successor state.

Personally i hope the Devs conveniently forget about the AFFC and just let us be what we truly are :)

#18 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

Hey... in the end all us proper Inner Sphere folks come together to kick the genetic inbreeders... um, I mean clanners butts out of here... :) .

We can worry about the IS politics after the clanners of course and then maybe I can get back in a Templar....

#19 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:19 AM

View PostQin, on 06 November 2011 - 07:54 AM, said:

With the WOB going jihad on the IS.... maybe we should have kept her. Would have probably be more cost effective :)

There's no real possible way unless Katrina had not killed their mother and lived without being leader of the Fedcom, the power hungry nutcase she is.

#20 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 10 November 2011 - 06:19 AM, said:

There's no real possible way unless Katrina had not killed their mother and lived without being leader of the Fedcom, the power hungry nutcase she is.

I meant keep her locked up so the clans would drive for Terra, and clash with the WOB and afterwards mop up the pieces :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users