Hey all ... i have some Questions ?

Kurita Line of Mechs

Atlas
Dragon
Jenner
Catapult Kurita Version ??

maybe
Orion

Are there other Mechs you can use as a Kurita Mechpilot ? Is it worth to buy all Dragon Versions?

Are there Games ( or Modes coming out where you can choose such thinks maybe when Beta is over) with only Stock Mechs running ? or is it so that everyone just Highgear their Mechs...

I would like to fight with the Stock Mechs against other Faction Mechs also in Stockgear no fancy XL Engines,...etc... would be fun..

When not then i have to make my Dragon a Gauss ***** with two Medium Lasers and Full Armour...

I would like to see a Grand Dragon one day...

Edited by Typhus79, 13 January 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#2 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Is the Hatamoto Chi a kurita only mech? It looks bad ***.

#3 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Currently there are no requirements saying which mechs you can run as a member of each house, so go with what you like best. We don't know yet whether community warfare will influence this or not, but I'm guessing it won't.

-k

#4 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

The only thing I can think that CW would introduce would be discounted prices for Faction-produced Mechs/variants. Having a certain amount of Faction points equals a certain discount on Faction Mechs.

#5 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

the orion is actually a marik mech. they are made in the free worlds' league.

the most iconic draconis mech is the gunda.. i mean Hatamoto Chi!!

i'd love to see it in game but i would also love to see the axeman so we'll have to wait and see!

Edited by Mazzyplz, 13 January 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#6 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

Catapult House Kurita version = K2? It would be interesting to see some factional effects for mech purchase within CW, but the downside is CW has not even been sniffed at by the devs (and understandably so, as posting dates for CW would put the forums in a frenzy), which means by the time CW comes around, we will all have a pretty developed mech stable.

-k

#7 Typhus79

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

Maybe they change things like how to get into a game where you can filter some stuff like which Server , Ping Time , or other Stuff like Stockgear....or maybe we can rent server for people who like some lore gameplay...sure in the lore it's a lot of how to change your gear but the classic BT Games where played with stock Mechs...

Sure it's cool to have some Battlemechs where you can choose your gear...but i think also for people who are new in the Game and they have to fight all the time people with "Über" Mechs ...they have no chance to win the fight... It would be nice if there where two servers one for stock Mechs and the others for Open free all classes and weapons. Maybe also some Scenario Gameplays ...to fight specific Mechs on both side like the scenarios in CBT.

Yeah Hatamoto Chi i would like to Pilot one of these ...also a Grasshopper and a Panther ugly nasty Mechs...would be nice ...

The Orion was used by Theodor Kurita ...but you are right that the Orion is a Marik Mech ....

I would also like to see some Lore Warfare....why you choose a house when this not have an effect on the Gameplay (Game).

What are you guys have in your Mechhangar ?
... i just started with the game and i missed the founder Time...so i started with the trail mech ... now my first purchase was a dragon.... but i don´t want to throw real money into it just to have some more mechs at first quick... i want an Atlas next ...but i don´t know which one i should choose first.
... i can play and earn my mech in game ...i just would like to have more chances against people who bought their mechs with real money... normally i have 1 Kill and like 5-6 Assists...but i also get owned a lot.... i read that now its quicker to gain money because of the cadet money bonus you receive after each game ...but this can´t last long....i read that you are forced to take some real money in hand when you want to stay competitiv. thats a problem with most of the f2p games as it seems.

Edited by Typhus79, 14 January 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#8 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

Hangar:
Light- Commando 2D, just because I need a light
Medium- Hunchback 4P, 4SP, 4H
Heavy- Catapult A1, C1, K2
Assault- Atlas D(F), DDC, RS Stalker 3F, 5S, 5M

Mostly due to competitive loadouts, not Kurita pure Mechs.

#9 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

I just have a mastered k2, mastered D-DC and basic'ed out stalker 3F. they work for now, though I am looking at getting a new mech soon, I just need to save up some cash for a ECM cicada (cause face it, without the cheesey light mechs you get in trouble, especially considering that my jenners are not that useful anymore.... (all mastered along with hunchbacks, awesomes and commandos.)

#10 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Jenner D, F, K (As they were the best light on a non ECM playing field)
Catapult C1, A1, K2
Atlas D-DC, D, RS
Stalker 5M
Will likely get the Raven 3L for 8 man min/maxing and ECM bonus.

I'd like to see them use some creativity when it comes to the planetary warfare in terms of mission type, mech loadouts, etc, but it's all up in the air at the moment. People keep posting what about the clans threads in the General Discussion, but CW has to come way before clans, even if they technically miss timeline specific dates. There are so many great things that you can do with CW to make this an even better game, so hopefully the extra time they're spending working on it now pays dividends down the road.

-k

#11 Typhus79

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

I have in my Mechbay so far...

Atlas A S7-D
Dragon DRG-1N
Jenner JR7-D

I'll go for an Orion when this Mech came out ...for Medium Mech i have to choose a Hunchback because they are common in the Draconis Combinat i think...

Also try to get all Jenner and Dragon Variants as well as the Atlas Builds...

Edited by Typhus79, 14 January 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#12 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Atlas can take some time, especially if you don't have premium but the double basic and elite skills ad very helpful.

-k

#13 Furniture

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

I think he's asking which of the available mechs are Kurita themed in fluff, not which mechs we are all running in our hangers (hence why he was talking about stock mechs). Once again, even though some mechs are more common than others, most of these mechs can be found in every House's military in the fluff, with a few rare exceptions. Of the ones we have, there are a few that stand out as being much more common than others in Kurita forces in canon:

-Jenner, produced domestically in the Draconis Combine, and one of the most common Kurita lights, alonside the Panther in fluff.
-Spider, produced in FWL and Combine space, and one of the most common Kurita lights in fluff, especially favored by Kuritan special forces units.
-Hunchback, while common in all House militaries, it is particularly favored by House Liao and Kurita due to the all-or-nothing nature of its stock designs, and also as a dueling mech.
-Dragon, produced domestically in the Combine, and found almost exclusively in Kurita forces. One of the most common Kuritan designs period, and almost every canon Kuritan company has at least one.
-Catapult K2, while Catapults are common in all houses, the K2 is produced domestically in the Combine and is most common there.

All the others are common in all houses and would be plentiful in Kurita forces too, with a few exceptions:
-Raven, exclusively Liao.
-Cataphract, Liao design, also found in Davion forces after they captured one of the factories.
-Cicada, favored by House Marik.
-Commando, Steiner produced, though a few might find their way into Kurita forces as battlefield salvage.

Once again this is only what the backstory tells us. Obviously there are no restrictions in MWO as to what you can and can't take for any faction since that would be bad for business.

#14 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

you guys probably have some ravens and other liao designs. I think we get most of the few assault mechs we have from you guys and marik. Though I doubt much trade goes either way due to fedcom. also you forgot the atlas, you and fedcom are the only ones to produce the design.

Edited by dal10, 16 January 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#15 Typhus79

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

I'am just talk about "Stock Mechs" because for a starter it's difficult to win 1v1 Fights against Mechs who all ready have high gear inside....

Don't take me wrong i like to modify my mechs as well ....but when you start you have no fun to play the game against better mechs with better gear even if you fight dragon vs. dragon ....

Maybe i go wrong but i like to buy new mechs first and modify them later on...but after the 25 Match cadet bonus you get not really good money. I often end the round with 1 Kill and 6 assist....but receive not much money...sure you can take real money in hand to bua all the mechs you want ....but then again the person who have more money win ...i'll also get some MC creds ...but i don't want to spent money all the time to be competitive ...

i just would like to see some kind of different playstyle options ...or so that you can choose how you want to play the game...
THX for your comment about the mech overall Kurita Playlist... i have an old draconis List out of the field manual ...and try to play as lorefriendly as i can...

#16 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

If you do go with MC, use it on premium time and not mechs. If you plan on spending a decent amount of time within the game, it will repay you much more, and on top of that give you an XP bonus. Of course the stock mechs aren't optimized. They are based for the most part on their canon or tabletop loadouts. If you are going to buy a mech, with Cbills I hope!, plan on looking at the hard points of the mech, not its original weapons, and plan on giving it some work if you want it to function as it should. It's a novel idea to play lore friendly, but your opponents will be outfitting their mechs with setups that are effective in game. What may have worked in the lore may not be the best option in MWO.

-k

#17 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostFurniture, on 16 January 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

I think he's asking which of the available mechs are Kurita themed in fluff, not which mechs we are all running in our hangers (hence why he was talking about stock mechs). Once again, even though some mechs are more common than others, most of these mechs can be found in every House's military in the fluff, with a few rare exceptions. Of the ones we have, there are a few that stand out as being much more common than others in Kurita forces in canon:

-Jenner, produced domestically in the Draconis Combine, and one of the most common Kurita lights, alonside the Panther in fluff.
-Spider, produced in FWL and Combine space, and one of the most common Kurita lights in fluff, especially favored by Kuritan special forces units.
-Hunchback, while common in all House militaries, it is particularly favored by House Liao and Kurita due to the all-or-nothing nature of its stock designs, and also as a dueling mech.
-Dragon, produced domestically in the Combine, and found almost exclusively in Kurita forces. One of the most common Kuritan designs period, and almost every canon Kuritan company has at least one.
-Catapult K2, while Catapults are common in all houses, the K2 is produced domestically in the Combine and is most common there.

All the others are common in all houses and would be plentiful in Kurita forces too, with a few exceptions:
-Raven, exclusively Liao.
-Cataphract, Liao design, also found in Davion forces after they captured one of the factories.
-Cicada, favored by House Marik.
-Commando, Steiner produced, though a few might find their way into Kurita forces as battlefield salvage.

This is pretty accurate, with a few corrections:

-Raven was exported in modest numbers to House Kurita to help pay bankrupt Liao bills. Liao and Kurita had an alliance in 3050
-Cicada, especially 2A/2B would not be out of place in a Kurita force. Again, Marik and Kurita had a weak alliance. Kurita liked the cicada enough to make an omni-mech version later, the Strider
-Basically all light mechs are permissible since that was the favourite Kurita weight class, though a commando would be stretching it given its close affinity with Kurita's mortal enemy House Steiner.
-Atlas would be the default Kurita assault mech at the moment, particularly the K version
-Jagermech when it comes out will be good to go for Kurita (as well as Liao, Davion and Steiner)

Personally I run all lights/mediums on this account to stay somewhat faction pure: founder's Jenner, Cicadas, Ravens, dabbled in Hunchbacks, and would like to get Spiders if only they weren't so vulnerable to OP streak missiles.

Edited by Rat of the Legion Vega, 18 January 2013 - 02:46 AM.

#18 Furniture

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

I have to say that despite its obvious weakness to Streaks, I've never had as much fun playing light mechs as I've had in a Spider. I wouldn't bring it to a competition or anything, but it's my default choice now for when I drop purely for fun. I suppose with the odds of survival stacked against you, it can feel really good if you manage to kill something and survive.

#19 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

Then maybe I'll run my Jenner a bit more once I get through leveling some other variants. Now all we need are those Kurita decals to make our machines complete!

-k

#20 Fireborn

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColorado, and right behind you!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

View PostTyphus79, on 16 January 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

I'am just talk about "Stock Mechs" because for a starter it's difficult to win 1v1 Fights against Mechs who all ready have high gear inside....

Don't take me wrong i like to modify my mechs as well ....but when you start you have no fun to play the game against better mechs with better gear even if you fight dragon vs. dragon ....

Maybe i go wrong but i like to buy new mechs first and modify them later on...but after the 25 Match cadet bonus you get not really good money. I often end the round with 1 Kill and 6 assist....but receive not much money...sure you can take real money in hand to bua all the mechs you want ....but then again the person who have more money win ...i'll also get some MC creds ...but i don't want to spent money all the time to be competitive ...

i just would like to see some kind of different playstyle options ...or so that you can choose how you want to play the game...
THX for your comment about the mech overall Kurita Playlist... i have an old draconis List out of the field manual ...and try to play as lorefriendly as i can...

Typhus,

I completely agree about how difficult it can be to advance in this game, AS AN INDIVIDUAL. You can not expect to do well by yourself, and that is by deliberate design. This is a community game for groups of players. But I get the impression that you are still dropping into matches as a solo player. I did that for about a month and came to the conclusion that if I wanted to do better and have more fun I would need to join a group. Granted, I had to create ANOTHER account and install ANOTHER software package (my group uses TeamSpeak), but the enjoyment of the game has gone up tremendously.

I'd recommend you find a group of players to join. You will be more likely to win matches, which will increase your earnings AND increase your fun. As for how close to the lore you want to stay, that is up to you. But you will probably be more effective on the battlefield using Mechs that you have outfitted for yourself. And if you are more effective, you again increase your chances of winning the match and increasing your earnings. Role play is fun and has a place, but the combat part of the game is all about winning the match.

May your enemies chassis run deep at your feet!

Respectfully,
Fireborn

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users