7 replies to this topic

#1 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

I would like to welcome you all to the game and inform you of a fantastic information resource for old and new pilots alike.

There is a player-run MechWarrior Online specific community on Google+ where we discuss topics of interest, post stories in the fan fiction section, post updates from the development team regarding patches and the Ask The Devs threads and much more! Plus, if you ever want to post a screen image of something MWO related there, all you do is just upload it in the new post/reply picture tool. No more uploading to a seperate service that removes your picture if there is too much traffic or removes it because it was posted a long time ago.

In addition to those benefits, there is another because you can also get the Google+ app for your smart phone as well. It lets you easily check in, mobile upload to your profile picture albums, check your different communities that you follow, state your mood (like if you love or hate ECM for instance lol!) and of course post a new thread or reply to an existing one.

There are discussions on Google+ about Battletech and MWO that could benefit from the knowledge and experience of the players of this community. Additionally, there are communities for Mechwarrior Tactics, Older Mechwarrior Games, Mechwarrior Tactical Command, Fiction, Tabletop and Events. I am also going to start a community called MWO Updates where the patches will be able to be discussed.

If you would like to search for me on there, I am Steve Warren on there.

You can find this community here:
http://bit.ly/10JsLTy

Edited by Long Draw, 03 January 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#2 cmopatrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationa 45 tonner on patrol...

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

looked. not sure g+ fits from much i could offer. did join the group, but i'm perhaps not the best cheerleader right now.

#3 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Well, all I can suggest is that you try it out. If it is convenient for you to use then have a blast. If not, make a suggestion by messaging me either here or on the community over on google+ and I'll see if I can adjust the community to make it more useful for everyone.

#4 cmopatrick

• 1,026 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

no, i think the service you are offering there is fine. i just don't quite know what additions you are looking for and it looks a bit like your page is meant to promote the title... (something i'm really a bit too burnt out on it to do right now). i think you are following a reasonable path.

#5 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

@cmopatrick Do you like to write stories? Or do you have a different hobby that you could use the talents in the Battletech universe in general?

The community is now up to 38 members and still growing every day!

Edited by Long Draw, 01 January 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#6 cmopatrick

• 1,026 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostLong Draw, on 01 January 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

@cmopatrick Do you like to write stories? Or do you have a different hobby that you could use the talents in the Battletech universe in general?

um... not entirely sure what you mean. i already have several first person "role play" (think method acting in story telling form) fluff pieces on this forum:

the older one written closer to when MW4 rules were in play is The Chessboard, it follows the Wolf persona i created for myself back in MW2, but with more detailed imaginings. I have discovered that it is much harder to write for it with the rules differences, since it requires method again and staying consistent is more difficult. i actually have a near dark age novel (never published) that follows on from that storyline, but again it blends canon with MW4 rules and i am rather loath to actually add something else on here that i'm not likely to finish (it is MUCH longer than anything else i've posted here to date, but without the rest of the trilogy, it isn't really complete... and i may never do the other two companion books... (sigh)).

the other of the two rp style on here is the OBrian Chronicle. it is a fairly detailed bit that follows a new spheroid persona i have created (yes, Padraig O'Brian, it is distinct from the cmopatrick one, and not a founder, so what little he has was earned from the ground up) to play from. unlike the older stories, it is a choppier cut since i no longer have as much time to sit and write and rarely do more than a scene at a post.

does that answer your question? i generally fall on the canon side of discussions here, in part because immersive sim is my preference and trying to guide the discussions that way might influence the devs to at least keep things a bit more so (at least as an option) in the final product (unlike most of the previous MW titles).

View PostLong Draw, on 01 January 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

The community is now up to 38 members and still growing every day!

excellent. you are doing well. :huh:

(edit: pulled the ItSoaW reference and link)

Edited by cmopatrick, 02 January 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#7 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Just a small update to the thread. The MWO Google+ community is now up to 58 members! Join today and get in on the hot discussions!

@cmopatrick - First off, let me say that I was excited to see that you responded again and it was interesting reading about the stories you have written. I just wish that I was able to comprehend all of what you wrote (probably something to do with imsomnia past few weeks). But nonetheless, if there is anything at all that you would like to contribute, I would love to hear it! I'm not going to push you to do something if you're burned out or not in the mood.

#8 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

Please follow the main thread in general discussion.
http://mwomercs.com/...d-mwo-on-google

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users