• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 429 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Btw, this is becoming a very positive and witty thread. Nice change for this forum. Let's have fun people and not complain all the time.

#42 KinLuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Hunting ravens is like hunting wolverines. You better kill them as they charge in.

#43 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts
  • LocationOakland, California Republic, North America, Terra

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

I got a 1X initially to make 3, in order to master my 3D and 4X. Was gonna sell it... Been thinking, lately, I will keep it.

280 Standard Engine
3 MLaser in the arms
ERPPC, Gauss, CASE in the right torso
3 Tons of gauss ammo
Remaining tons & crits are full with DHS and Endo Steel

With the pip module added this build can be brutal at long range.
The zoom box isn't great but using it with thermals I can at least tell different hit locations at extreme ranges.

#44 JokerVictor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 515 posts
  • LocationA happy place far from this bitter wasteland

Currently my favorite is the 2X. AC/10, 2 SRM 6's, 3 ML, AMS, nearly max armor and an XL 300. Very versatile, very balanced. Has teeth at most ranges (especially close-up), and the speed to close or retreat without taking too much damage. Despite the XL it's a tough *******, zombies' pretty well.

55 firepower and a 1.26 heat efficiency is nice as well.

I also love the 3D, the speed and maneuverability with the JJ's is fantastic. Currently I have mine equipped with 4x MPL's and an AC10, 18 DHS. The MPL's are vicious when group fired, particularly against legs.

#45 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

View PostKinLuu, on 15 January 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Hunting ravens is like hunting wolverines. You better kill them as they charge in.

I just want to be able to blow their leg off and beat them with it.

I got pretty good at legging them with dual gauss.

Edited by Yokaiko, 15 January 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#46 Lynette Steffeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with irregular bus times

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

So you guys will prolly be laughin' at me, but I was refreshing that second page without realizing that there was a...

*Glasses*

Third page.

POSTMODERN UAC5 JAM ENDING

#47 JokerVictor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostLynette Steffeld, on 15 January 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Unfortunate I'm the moron who tries to hunt pheasant with a Colt SAA.

On the bright side it's a lot better than our Mosin toting gauss friends, but word is that actually get their shots in... Out of my 200 rounds I usually miss 40-50, lol.

Speaking of shotguns, here's the million dollar question:

VIABILITY OF LBX-10 OUTSIDE OF LIGHT HUNTING.

DISCUSS.

*Strikes obligatory fabulous pose*

It's awful, the standard AC10 is far superior. Beyond 75m the LBX spreads it's damage far too much to be useful against anything with heavy armor. The high crit chance is negilible, the damge boost on a 1 damage crit is crap.

#48 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

They should have skipped to the Orion while they were skipping the Trebuchet and Jagermech. The Orion will be a fun mech.

#49 Lynette Steffeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

I actually wonder about LBX-10 Spread. I've seen some funny results with it when hitting armourless mechs, or when trying to disarm Atlases with RT/LTs open.

While the standard AC10 is more or less THE go-to brawler canon at the moment, I still have issues hitting lights with them, unless said light makes a mistake.

Which makes me wonder... If:

1> Collisions re-implemented
2> Trip Light mech of choice
3> LBX into the ground

Would step 5 be profit...?

Makes me wonder.

#50 Vaneshi SnowCrash

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostLynette Steffeld, on 15 January 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

(I actually DO like cheese, but only with my curry),

Get out. Just, get out.

#51 Virtusx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostSpinning Burr, on 15 January 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

I blew off the 1X all this time in favor of all other variants including Muromets hero. What a mistake. 300 standard engine hauling 76 kph with 5 medium lasers and an AC20 and heat efficiency of 1.2 with the DHS. All weapons primed for exactly same range of 270m or less. Shoots the 5 lasers together at least 5 times in succession before overheating (at a cost of only 5 tons!) for 25 points damage not counting the freaking AC20! No XL engine means you have to core the center torso protected with 70 points of armor. What a beast. First real brawler I like. It is melting other mechs.

Been running this for awhile now and love it. The other one I like now is 3 lg lasers and one GR in the Illya. Got the 4x and thought I would like it but i was wrong so got 8/8 basic and sold it. WIll get the 2x I think next when I get around to it.

#52 Lynette Steffeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostVaneshi SnowCrash, on 15 January 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

[/size] Get out. Just, get out.

It's okay! I alternate between Japanese and Indian Curry!

#53 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostLynette Steffeld, on 15 January 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Unfortunate I'm the moron who tries to hunt pheasant with a Colt SAA.

On the bright side it's a lot better than our Mosin toting gauss friends, but word is that actually get their shots in... Out of my 200 rounds I usually miss 40-50, lol.

Speaking of shotguns, here's the million dollar question:

VIABILITY OF LBX-10 OUTSIDE OF LIGHT HUNTING.

DISCUSS.

*Strikes obligatory fabulous pose*

They are too timid to make the LB10X work like it is supposed too. At close range the damage is supposed to ramp up for a nice bonus, at max range it should do the stated damage. Since there is no bonus damage from MWO's LBX weapons, they fail to be of much use.

#54 Lynette Steffeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 15 January 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

They are too timid to make the LB10X work like it is supposed too. At close range the damage is supposed to ramp up for a nice bonus, at max range it should do the stated damage. Since there is no bonus damage from MWO's LBX weapons, they fail to be of much use.

I've heard stories from TT players about something called BUCKSHOT.

Not sure if it's that or something else, but apparently there's some sort of special ammo that makes LBX cannons wail very, very loudly, and their targets even louder in the process.

As a ballistics enthusiast seeing different ammo choices would be so awesome. But then with the way things are now I think that's still a bit far away.

I once saw an Ilya with 3X LBX10s before, not sure how it did for the rest of the match, but I DO recall the lights running away from it VERY quickly.

Was a funny sight.

#55 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 15 January 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

In the fluff it was a proximity round so you would get the same spread regardless of range.

#56 Death Mallet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Trying my Ilya withL:

2x AC10
2x L Pulse Laser

Seems to be working pretty well. Got tired of my UAC5s jamming all the time. An AC10 is pretty much 2 hits from an AC5 so works out well.

#57 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostJokerVictor, on 15 January 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

I also love the 3D, the speed and maneuverability with the JJ's is fantastic. Currently I have mine equipped with 4x MPL's and an AC10, 18 DHS. The MPL's are vicious when group fired, particularly against legs.

Hope you don't mind if I borrow that. I've been struggling with 3D builds because I obsess over using both ballistic mounts. Might have to try a change of pace.

#58 JokerVictor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

View PostBagheera, on 15 January 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

Hope you don't mind if I borrow that. I've been struggling with 3D builds because I obsess over using both ballistic mounts. Might have to try a change of pace.

Awesome, use it as a flanker... it doesn't have the straight firepower for frontal assaults. It's great in a brawl, can outmaneuver most anything, just get good at JJ turning.

Edit: I built mine around an XL 300, btw.

Edited by JokerVictor, 15 January 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#59 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

View PostLynette Steffeld, on 15 January 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

There's something wrong with PPCs in game right now, I don't think I've EVER been killed by one before, in fact I see incoming PPCs as a sign of "Coast is clear please punch its face", especially in caustic.

I'm just not a fan of something that doesn't FIRE TEH BULLETZ at a very high speed. I think I'll be positively just laughing and holding down one button when RACs come out... that is, until they inevitably jam.

But that's when I hold down my OTHER button and pretend that lazors are green bullets. FUGGIN' FOOLPROOF/10

I've killed more lights who've made *mistakes* as opposed to lights actually moving. The one time I did kill a moving light was when both my lasers converged on the red core of a raven running towards me in a straight line.

Ain't that a b*tch?

That's heavy, man.

NOT AS HEAVY AS MY ILYA THOUGH HA HA H- *is shot*

On the weekend I was trying to get XP for one of my NOT Ilya variants, the 1X I believe, and being a true Ilya pilot and hero in general, my solution to piloting a Cataphract variant that isn't an Ilya is to just pretend that it IS an Ilya. Thus the 1X is mounting something like a Gauss, 3 medium lasers and an ER-PPC (because hey, they're the gauss rifles of the energy world!).

I saw a cheeky Raven in the distance harassing two of my team mates, and I actually MISSED with my gauss rifle, the guy was standing practically still as well. My second gauss round, which sounded remarkably like an ER-PPC struck the ****** right in the side and blew him up. And then it struck me that for once, my PPC had actually done *something* to a mech!

#60 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 15 January 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

my PPC had actually done *something* to a mech!

rofl.

I was running my -3D with two PPCs and a Gauss.....It was pretty satisfying to get all three on target.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users